The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 208 Because you were by my side


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



"Hey... Please lift your head."

I'd be troubled if you suddenly bowed down like that.

Milua may look like a child on the outside, but she's much more mature on the inside than I am...

And she's Tania's mother.

Even though she's bowing her head like this, I'm not sure what to do.

"Thank you for helping Tania. Thanks to Rain, Tania was safe."

"It's not just me... Besides, we're comrades, so I just did what was natural."

"People who can do that 'natural' thing are quite rare, I think."

Milua raises her head and smiles sweetly.

It's a childlike smile...

But it makes me feel strange when I look at it.

Warm, or rather, calming...

Suddenly, I recall memories of my distant mother.

"Oh, and one more thing, I want to say thank you."

"Huh?"

Even if she says "one more thing"...

Was there something else?

"Thank you for being with Tania."

"Huh?"

I feel like she said something unexpected.

To be with her... What does she mean?

Could it be that she was worried about Tania's journey alone?

So she felt relieved that we were together?

But then, she should express her gratitude to everyone, not just me, right?

Hmm, I have no idea what it means.

"Ah, sorry. I guess what I'm saying doesn't make much sense, right?"

"Um... I'm sorry."

I thought there was no point in pretending, so I nodded honestly.

"I, um, have a tendency to skip parts of the conversation. Tania often scolded me, saying I skip too much of what Mom says and don't understand."

"I see."

Somehow, I can imagine that scene.

It's quite heartwarming.

"I heard, you know? Since getting to know Tania, you've been by her side all the time. So, thank you...♪"

Even if she says that, I don't feel like I did anything special.

Since we're comrades, isn't being by her side only natural?

Seemingly sensing my doubts, Milua speaks with a distant look in her eyes.

"We are the strongest species, right? Among them, the Dragon Clan has quite a high pride. There are actually quite a few Dragon Clan members who look down on humans, just like the perpetrator of the recent incident."

"Well, I suppose that can't be helped."

Compared to the Dragon Clan, we humans are nothing special.

Our physical abilities and magical powers are significantly inferior.

It's quite challenging to regard such opponents as equals.

"That's why I think it must be tough for you to be with Tania. She has quite a high pride, although not as much as the perpetrator of the recent incident."

I have an idea.

Since the first time we met, she was unusually confident and competitive.

It's nostalgic now.

"But, I think that's not good. I believe that we should all get along. So when we were in the village, I told Tania various things..."

"She didn't listen, did she?"

"Yeah, that's right. And then, Tania left on a journey following the rules... I was worried if she would cause trouble like this time somewhere along the way."

Well... It's natural to have concerns.

"But, nothing like that happened. After getting to know Rain and spending time together... that child was able to grow significantly. Not only in terms of power but also emotionally."

I understand what Milua wants to say.

"It's thanks to Rain being there. Having someone by your side is very important... It's lonely being alone, and you can't grow. So, thank you. Thank you for being with Tania."

"You're welcome."

However... He interjects and continues.

"In that case, I also want to say thank you."

"Huh?"

"There were various things happening, and I once lost my comrades... At that time, Tania became my comrade."

He speaks while reminiscing about that time.

A warm feeling wells up, and the words naturally pour out.

"As Milua said, having someone by your side is very important. If Tania's growth is true, it's the same for me... Because Tania was there, I was able to change in various ways. I am who I am now thanks to Tania. That's what I think."

"I see."

"So, thank you..."

 he says.

"Hehe. You should say that to Tania, not me... right?"

That's true.

"Tania will definitely be happy."

"Will she be happy?"

"She'll definitely be happy."

"Hmm", I hesitate.

I've said similar things a few times before... But on such occasions, Tania strangely becomes defensive or gets in a bad mood.

"I see."

Milua smiles mischievously for some reason.

"Tania must be embarrassed. Hehe, so that's what it is."

"Milua-san?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Forget it. Just forget it."

Although she has a face that seems to understand something, she doesn't say it out loud.

Maybe she wants me to figure it out on my own?

In these moments, Milua is quite childish.

...But I can't say such things in front of her.

"Hey, hey, Rain-kun. Are you still awake?"

"Yes, I am. What about it?"

"In that case, can we talk a bit more? I want to hear more about Tania-chan, various things."

"Sure, that's fine."

"Yay! As a thank you, I'll tell you things about Tania-chan that you don't know. Mostly about her when she was little, for example... Until what age Tania-chan wet the bed and how she tried to cover it up."

"...Is it okay to tell me that?"

I have a feeling that if Tania were here, she would blush and get angry...

"It's fine. After all, I'm Tania-chan's mother."

Milua-san proudly declares, with an inexplicable, undeniable conviction.

Well, no.

But well, I still think it's not right to pry into Tania's past without permission.

"Well, let's leave Tania's past aside... Shall we talk about various things?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

Under the sparkling night sky...

I and Milua-san talked about various things with smiles on our faces.

-------------------------------------

"...Ah, my goodness, what a silly mother."

I happened to see Rain and Mother talking by chance...

I ended up eavesdropping...

Feeling indescribable emotions, I thought it was enough and left the scene.

"Thank you for being with me... Hehe. That's just like you, Rain."

TL Note- The emo chapter of the week


Comments

Popular Posts