The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet



Chapter 188: Home after a long absence


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"I'm backkkk!!!"

Kanade exclaimed with a bright smile and a loud voice.

After the Iris incident came to an end, we returned to Horizon... and back to our home.

Although we had been away from home for about a month...

It felt like we had been gone much longer.

There must have been a lot of things going on during that time.

"I'm the first one back~♪"

"Hey, wait up!"

Kanade energetically entered the house, followed by Tania.

"Everyone seems to be doing well."

"Don't say things like an old man, please. Rain is still young, right?"

"The current Rain is like a grandparent watching over their grandchild."

Sora and Luna teased us with such remarks.

Seriously?

Am I really like an old man now...?

"Okay... okay."

Nina sensed that I was feeling down and patted my head.

It was somewhat comforting.

"Well then, let's go inside, my dear Lord."

"Yeah, sounds good."

Following Kanade and Tania, we entered the house.

"Phew."

As we stepped inside the house, the kettle perched on top of Nina's head made a small noise.

From there, Tina, dressed in a maid outfit, appeared.

It seemed that she could now go outside since we had entered the house.

"I can finally go outside. It feels strange to be stuck inside the kettle for so long."

"What kind of... feeling is that?"

"Like... I'm actually a kettle? Something like that?"

"Hmm...?"

Nina seemed confused, tilting her head.

After giving a smile to Nina, Tina floated up lightly.

And then... her eyes widened.

"Ohh!?"

"What's wrong, Tina!?"

"W-What's happening... I'm... covered in dust!"

As Tina said, dust had accumulated all around the house.

Well, it couldn't be helped.

If we leave the house unattended for a month without doing anything, this is what would happen normally.

"I wanted to take it easy, but it seems cleaning comes first."

"Cleaning... yes, I'll do my best."

Nina seemed motivated, but...

"No, you two, stay put."

For some reason, Tina stopped us.

"Cleaning is my job. Rain-sama and Nina still have tiredness from the journey, right? Just rest in the living room, and I'll quickly tidy it up."

"No, we can't just leave it all to Tina alone."

"It's alright. I used to be a maid, so cleaning is my specialty... Plus, I spent most of the journey inside the kettle. I'm not tired, so there's no problem."

"But..."

"It's fine, really. Come on, both of you, have a seat."

Using magic, Tina manipulated a broom and swiftly cleaned the chairs...

Then she made us sit there, me and Nina.

"Now, let's begin!"

Before we could intervene, Tina started cleaning on her own.

Using her magic, she controlled multiple brooms simultaneously.

She shook off the dust from the shelves with a fluttering motion...

Then she swept the floor with the broom.

After that, she wiped the floor with a cloth...

"Yep. The living room looks like this."

Amazing.

In no time at all, she made the living room sparkling clean.

There was no room for us to do anything.

"Tina... amazing, huh? clap clap"

Nina was also impressed.

"I'd like to clean everyone's rooms too, but it seems like everyone is resting for now... In that case, I'll leave it for later. Next is the kitchen, then the bathroom... If there's time, I'll take care of the garden too. Alright, I'm fired up!"

Perhaps it's her nature from her time as a maid?

Tina was filled with motivation and energetically continued with the cleaning.

――――――――――


Tina started cleaning, and about two hours had passed.

Although everyone's rooms were left for later...

It seemed like she had finished everything else, and the whole house was sparkling clean.

"Good job."

"Oh, Rain-sama."

I greeted Tina, who had finished cleaning.

By the way, Nina had fallen asleep halfway through rowing the boat, so I put her to bed in her room. She must have been really tired.

"Thank you. Thanks to Tina, it's become really clean."

"Hahaha, when you say that, it's a bit embarrassing."

"Also, I'm sorry. In the end, I left everything to you..."

"Don't worry about it. I used to be a maid, so cleaning is my specialty... Besides, I can do anything for Rain-sama, no matter how much effort it takes."

Tina blushed slightly and looked at me intently, expressing her heartfelt feelings.

"Even though I am a ghost, Rain-sama accepted me and treated me like a real family. That made me really happy. And not only that, but he also avenged my grudges... I owe him countless debts of gratitude. That's why I always have the desire to do something for Rain-sama... So, don't worry about it."

"Even if you say that..."

Tina said so, but...

I can't burden her with everything.

Tina is not just our maid; she's our comrade.

Seemingly understanding my hesitation, Tina pondered for a moment before speaking up.

"Well... how about helping me with dinner? Since it's been a while since we've been home, I'm thinking of making it a bit luxurious tonight. But it's a bit challenging for me to do it alone..."

"Oh, sure. If that's the case, I'll gladly help."

"Hehe, thank you."

And so, I ended up cooking together with Tina.

Standing side by side in the kitchen.

I can't say that I can't cook at all, but it's not my forte.

Men's cooking tends to be rough, so it's not that easy...

That's why Tina takes the lead.

I decided to be her assistant.

"Oh, could you pass me the salt over there?"

"Sure, here you go."

"Thank you."

"Tina, how much should I stir this?"

"Well, just until it thickens a bit? You can drop it with chopsticks and see if it forms threads."

"Understood."

Following Tina's instructions, I continued with the cooking.


"Hmm hmm ♪"

I casually glanced at Tina, who seemed to be in a good mood, humming a tune.

It's like... in moments like this, we resemble a newlywed couple.

Of course, I can't say something so embarrassing out loud. Besides, Tina might not appreciate it.

"Oh, um?"

Suddenly, Tina turned her gaze towards me.

Her cheeks had a faint pink hue.

"Well, it doesn't really have much meaning, but..."

"What's wrong?"

"Well, um... I was just thinking that, you know... we seem like a newlywed couple in moments like this."

"Huh?"

"Oh! No, no, no, it's nothing! Forget I said anything!!!"

Tina blushed intensely, covering her head and uttering incomprehensible words.

"I-I shouldn't have said something so impulsive... ugh, it's, um, embarrassing..."

"Well... you don't have to be so embarrassed."

"But, but! I must have said something weird, right? You must be appalled, Rain-sama..."

"That's not the case. I'm surprised, but... it's because I was thinking something similar. It's natural to have such thoughts when we're doing things like this."

"R-Really... Rain-sama, too..."

Tina grinned and then averted her gaze.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, um... never mind. I'm making a weird face right now, so... please don't look at me."

Even if she said that...

"Well, it will go back to normal in a little while... so, please don't worry. Yeah, I'll return to normal somehow..."

Tina's demeanor was slightly different, giving off a strangely refreshing vibe.

It was a tranquil moment after a long time.

Although things became a bit awkward...

I thought to myself that maybe this was fine.

TL Note- Had a exam today and have exam tomorrow......busy....





Comments

Popular Posts