The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 175-non-negotiable course

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Tania circled in the air, drawing a circle in the sky.

Following her, a line of light chased us from the ground.

It was as if gravity had reversed, moving us from the bottom to the top.

Lines of light were shot from Cel's bow one after another, relentlessly aiming at us.

"What is she doing?!"

"Tania, you should land once. This is becoming a good target!"

"Understood!"

Tania distanced herself significantly, escaping the range of Cel's bow.

She put us down there and turned back into a human form.

Meanwhile, Axe and Cel had closed the distance.

They stopped within earshot.

"Quite a greeting."

I threw these words while being cautious of the two.

"Sorry. We attacked because a dragon suddenly appeared."

"I shot the bow."

"...Is that so?"

"What do you mean?"

"For an attack without any prior observation, isn't it too bold?"

After all, the opponent was a dragon.

It could have just been flying around this area, and normally, people would observe its behavior first.

Not doing so means...

Axe and Cel may have attacked us while understanding that it was our group.

Thinking about that, I was wary of the two.

And... my idea was right.

Axe smiled wryly.

"Geez... You're as sharp as ever. You think we attacked while knowing that Rain's group was here?"

"The answer is...yes."

"...You admit it so easily."

"There's no point in trying to deceive you."

"Why did you do that?"

Tania glared at the two as she asked.

Withstanding that look, Axe answered quietly.

"The demon is lurking in the direction you were headed... So, you found a way to seal it, right?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"I knew it. Well, I thought you wouldn't attack until you found a way to seal it after saying that... But, to find it in such a short time. You're quite something, you guys."

"So...are you guys getting in our way?"

"That's right."

Cel nodded quietly... very quietly.

"Above, they made the decision to defeat the demon. The option to seal it disappeared."

"You understand, don't you?"

Axe spoke, looking as if this was his last chance to prevent a fight.

"Even if we seal it, someday it will be broken like this time. That demon will be released. We can't leave any concerns for future generations. We have to put an end to it here."

"So, are you going to kill it?"

"That's right..."

Axe nodded without hesitation.

"I understand why Rain sympathizes with the devil. To be honest, I do too, to some extent. But still, is it right to take it out on innocent people just because horrible things were done to you in the past?"

"..."

"She has killed many people. She killed them out of lust, out of hatred. She won't stop anymore."

"..."

"Hatred is not something time can heal. It's something you carry with you forever. At least, that's what I think. So there's nothing we, as humans, can do. There's nothing we can do as humans. The only thing we can do is kill her, and stop her."

"..."

What Axe said was true.

It was an overwhelmingly reasonable argument.

An action taken to protect people...

And yet, he was thinking of Iris too.

Even so.

"I can't accept that."

"You..."

"We're the ones who sowed the seeds of this problem. And now, asking someone else to die for our convenience... Isn't that too selfish?"

"There's no other way! She's killed many people already! She'll continue to kill more!"

"That's why I'll seal Iris away."

"Even if you do that, she'll eventually be released! It's just a temporary solution! You're being naive! You're still talking about idealism that won't work forever!!!"

Axe became enraged.

Even though it was only for a moment, it was painful to see that kind of look from someone who used to be a comrade.

But.

I've already made my decision.

"I know it's selfish, it's my ego. But if I kill Iris... if I create more victims, pile up more sins, stain my hands with blood... I won't be able to laugh anymore."

"..."

"I won't be able to live straightforwardly. I can't believe that killing someone just because they killed someone is the right thing to do. It's naive. It's idealistic. But what's wrong with that?"

"You..."

Choosing not to give up easily and not to choose the option of killing is much better than the alternative! I don't want to see anyone cry or die anymore!!! Even if it's Iris...!"

He shouted, revealing his true feelings.

Is it right to kill Iris?

The answer is yes.

But that's the right answer for humans...

From Iris's perspective, it would be a terrible mistake.

And from my perspective, it's the wrong answer.

In the end...

What's right and what's wrong is a matter of personal discretion.

There is no absolute justice.

There is no overwhelmingly correct answer.

So.

I'll go down the path I believe in...

"Ugh, you're such a pain in the neck!" Axe grumbled, scratching his head in frustration.

Seeing his partner like that, Cel drew his bow.

"Cel...?"

"I told you beforehand, didn't I? We can't convince Rain and the others," Cel said calmly.

"I understand Rain's perspective. But there's no point in listening... everyone else feels the same way," Cel continued.

"Of course!"

"Yeah, that's right."

"I want to help Iris," Sora spoke up.

"I'll do as I please," I declared while drawing Kamui.

"I don't think we can just let things stay as they are," Kanade said.

"I'll follow Rain's lead," Tania said.

One by one, they all agreed.

Seeing their determination, Cel smiled slightly and then put on a stern expression.

"Alright, Axe. It's impossible to convince Rain and the others. They're just as determined as we are," Cel said.

"...Yeah, I know that."

"Good. I don't like keeping secrets. The truth is, we were ordered to delay Rain and the others," Cel said.

"...What?"

"Afterward, we reported Rain and the others' actions without hiding anything. Our superiors feared that Rain's group could get in the way of the demon's defeat. They ordered Axe and me to delay Rain and the others while the other took care of Iris."

"..."

"Now what shall we do?" Cel asked.

"...We'll have to force our way through if you two are in our way," I said, drawing my sword.

"I knew it would come to this," Cel said, looking a little sad.

"But if there's something we can't compromise on, let's settle it here and now," Cel continued, drawing her bow.

"Sorry, but I won't go easy on you. Don't hold it against me if you die," Axe warned, brandishing his sword.

"That's my line. Is everyone ready?" I asked.

"Meow... Rain, are you really going to do this?" Sora asked.

"They're not the kind of people who would back down now. Kanade, you don't have to stay here if you find it too difficult..." I said.

"No... I'll fight too. I can't just burden Rain with all the difficult things," Kanade declared, drawing her weapon.

Following her lead, everyone else got into position, preparing for battle.

TL Note- My exam today got postponed 🙃 here's the Chapter. 


Comments

Popular Posts