The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 168-To the Spirit Village

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


 "To seal Iris, we need a legendary-grade item as a vessel. In order to obtain that item, we must go to the Spirit Village.

With our plan set, we immediately put it into action.

"Alright then, let's go. Is everyone ready?"

At Al's question, everyone nodded in unison.

With that as the signal, Al faced an empty direction...

And clapped his hands.

Then, in response to that sound, the space trembled.

Like dropping a stone into water, ripples spread through the air.

"This is the entrance. Follow me."

Al said this and advanced towards the center of the ripples.

With a sharp sound, Al's figure disappeared.

"Huh?! She disappeared?!"

"She moved to the Spirit Village."

"Come on, let's go."

While Kanade was surprised, Sora and Luna were calm as expected.

As Al did, they advanced towards the center of the ripples... and disappeared.

"That's the entrance, I guess. I don't know what the principle is, but it must be connected to another place... the Spirit Village."

"I wonder if we'll be okay? Won't we be thrown into a strange place?"

"We'll be fine. That only happens to Kanade."

"Why me?!"

"Alright, here we go."

While Kanade and Tania were playing around, Nina, who held a kettle, stepped into the ripples.

Although she was the smallest, she had the most courage.

"Kanade, Tania. We're going too."

"Understood."

"Come on. How long are you going to hesitate?"

Pushed by Tania, Kanade and the others stepped into the ripples.

Following them, I also stepped into the ripples."


――――――――――

Surrounded by a white light and a feeling of weightlessness.

It lasted for about 10 seconds...

And then, my vision suddenly opened up.

"This is..."

From one end of my vision to the other, everything was filled with green.

It was as if I were in a forest, surrounded by vegetation.

There were few artificial objects amidst the abundance of nature.

I could see houses made using huge trees and platforms constructed from wooden planks, but apart from that, there didn't seem to be anything else artificial.

Perhaps as a replacement for water sources, I could see a crystal-clear spring.

In place of lights, there were tiny lights floating around.

They were probably a type of luminous insect. I vaguely remember learning about them somewhere.

"Meow... this is amazing."

"Indeed... this is the spirit clan's village."

Overwhelmed by the fantastical scenery, Kanade and Tania were in a daze.

"Is everyone here?"

Al was in a plaza a short distance away.

We moved towards Al's location.

"I and my daughters are going to talk with the villagers. The rest of you can wait here."

"That's fine and all, but... will we be eaten?"

Tania and Kanade looked anxious.

It was understandable.

We had been feeling gazes on us from all around since earlier.

Whenever I turned in that direction, someone would quickly withdraw their gaze.

It was certain that we were being watched.

And those gazes were not benevolent.

While there was a certain degree of curiosity, the gazes directed towards us were mostly filled with wariness and hostility.

Probably because I was human.

As an existence that could be considered a natural enemy of the spirit clan, they were probably on guard against my sudden appearance.

"Hi there! We're here to visit!"

For some reason, Kanade suddenly greeted the invisible spirit clan with energy.

Smiling brightly, she waved her hand towards where the spirit clan was, even though we couldn't see them.

Seeing this, Tania made a face that looked like she was pulling back.

"What are you doing...? Are you a idiot?"

"Wow, that's harsh!?"

Kanade made a face like she had been punched.

"I just wanted to show that we're friendly and nothing to worry about, since they seem to be wary of us."

"Well, you might have showcased Kanade's optimism."

"Optimism..."

Continuing on, I was in shock about something.

"I appreciate Kanade's concern, but it probably won't make much of a difference," I said.

"Why's that?" Kanade asked.

"Because the fact that I'm here is the problem," I replied.

"Oh, I see. Rain is human, so..." Kanade trailed off.

"Actually, technically I'm human too, but for now, things are like this," Tina interjected, as she rattled the lid of the kettle.

"Mm," Kanade pouted for some reason.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Rain isn't a bad person, but even so, I just can't accept being wary of you... ugh, it's frustrating!" Kanade whined.

"Thanks, though," I said.

"Huh!?" Kanade was surprised when I reflexively patted her head.

"Just hearing you say that makes me happy," I explained.

"Uh, um... yeah," Kanade said, looking very meek all of a sudden. I wondered what was up with her.

"We kept you waiting," Al-san said, returning before I could ask Kanade about her sudden change in attitude.

"You're back so soon," I said.

"We couldn't just leave you alone for too long. We had to hurry," Al-san explained.

"My mother may be getting on in years, but she's still a force to be reckoned with. When she says something, they can't ignore it," Sora's  sister added.

"Our mother may not be as great as mine, but she's still quite important," the other sister said, boasting.

"Meow, that's amazing, By the way, how old is she?" Kanade asked.

"I'm forever 17," Al declared.

Everyone was at a loss for words, unable to argue with such a bold statement.


――――――――――

We arrived at the elder's house with Al as our guide.

The house, built using giant trees with ages of thousands of years, was very spacious. Even with all of us inside, there was still room to spare.

The elderly spirit sitting across from us was likely the "Chief".

Deeply etched wrinkles on his face, long accumulated beard, and an aura that only those who have lived a long time could possess.

Just facing him like this, one could feel the pressure. Even though I was nervous, I couldn't afford to falter here. I took a deep breath and met the Chief's gaze head-on.

"Oh."

The Chief let out an impressed sound.

"For a human, you have quite the fortitude."

"Um... thank you."

I wondered if I was being praised just now. If so, things were off to a good start. Maybe things would go the way I wanted them to...

But that was wishful thinking.

"I don't like beating around the bush. So let's get straight to the point. You want to use an item in the village, correct?"

"Yes, actually..."

"Fine, I heard from Al earlier. But even so, my answer is that I will not cooperate."

TL Note- A tough ordeal for Rain to overcome. 


Comments

Popular Posts