The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 164-Who sealed it?

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

After parting ways with Axe and Cel...

We decided to search for a way to seal Iris once again.

We listened to the villagers' stories once more...

Searched through the remaining literature in the village...

We searched for any and all clues.

And as a result...

"Sigh...this isn't going well."

I sat on a bench in the village square and sighed.

We tried searching through everything, but we couldn't find any clues.

About Iris, about the seal.

There were people who knew the surface level information, but nobody who knew the deep details.

But that was inevitable.

Time had passed too long, and nobody remembered anymore.

I thought maybe one or two people would remember...but I was being naive.

But I can't give up just because of that, and I can't be down about it.

Iris was damaged quite a bit in the previous battle.

She'll need some time to recover, and we won't clash with the extermination squad right away.

But even so, I can't just sit around.

Time is of the essence...

We need to do what we can now, quickly and surely.

"Rain."

When I turned around, I saw Kanade and the others.

Kanade was holding a cup and offered it to me.

"Are you thirsty? I got some cold water for you."

"Thanks."

I drank the cold water and refreshed myself, giving me a boost.

"Alright!"

Break time's over!

Let's push ourselves a bit more.

"How did things go for everyone else?"

We split up and investigated separately...

Did anyone find any results?

I asked with expectations, but...

"Meow...sorry. We didn't find anything special..."

Kanade's tail drooped dejectedly.

The others also had difficult expressions and shook their heads.

"I see..."

"I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. It's not like it's Kanade or anyone else's fault."

But...what should we do?

We don't plan on giving up the investigation, but without any clues like this, we can't even make a plan of action.

Anything would do, as long as we had a clue...

"...Rain, I have a suggestion."

After a moment of hesitation, Luna spoke up.

"How about we investigate who performed the seal?"

"If we can investigate that, then I'd like to. But how?"

"We can use my special magic."

"Luna. That doesn't explain anything."

"What!? Didn't you understand what I said!?"

"There's no way we could understand that. You're such a ditz."

"A ditz!?"

Luna was shocked by Sora's harsh retort.

But even so, that sharp retort seemed familiar somehow.

"Um... what do you mean? I want you to explain it to me in detail," Tania said.

"Yes. Do you remember when we went to the seal site? You used magic to search the memories of the dead adventurer we found there, right?" Luna replied.

"Yeah. It was just recently, so I remember it clearly."

"We will use the same magic to search the memories of the seal site. We'll try to go back to that time and find out who placed the seal."

"Wait, you can use that kind of magic!? If that's the case, you should have told me earlier," Tania exclaimed.

However, Luna countered with a difficult expression. "The longer you go back in time, the more difficult it is to use memory searching magic. Iris was sealed over a hundred years ago... I've never tried to search memories from that far back. I didn't want to get your hopes up for something that might fail."

"But now there doesn't seem to be any other leads. If there are no other options... I decided to suggest it. Well, if we fail, we'll just waste our time... what do you think?" Luna explained.

"Hmm..." Tania thought.

They were considering searching for past memories to find out who placed the seal.

If it was possible, they might obtain a big clue.

But it was not a sure thing...

There was also the possibility of failing and wasting valuable time.

"...There are no other leads. Let's do what we can. Sora, Luna, can I count on you?"

"Yes, understood."

"Hahaha, leave it to me!"

――――――――――

Moving on to the ruins of Pagos village, we proceeded to the mountain. As we had been there once before, our movement was smooth. Soon, we arrived at the location where the sealed shrine was.

"Now is the time for me to show my skills!"
"Is there anything we can do to help?"
"Searching for memories over a hundred years old takes an enormous amount of time. Please protect us."
"During the use of magic, I become completely defenseless. Can you help us?"
"Of course."

I swore to protect Sora and Luna at all costs.

"By the way, how long will it take?"
"Well... probably about an hour!"
"That long? It's quite long..."
"That's how difficult it is."
"I see. Well, do your best. I'll make sure to protect you."

Tania said something reliable. Kanade, Nina, and Tina also seemed motivated.

"Alright, let's get started."
"Please take care of things while Sora and I use magic."

Sora and Luna stood on either side of the remains of the shrine. They chanted a spell while facing the broken shrine. Particles of light overflowed from their palms and wrapped around the broken shrine.

"Now... leave it to us! "
"Yeah!"

Kanade replied cheerfully, and we formed a circle around Sora and Luna in preparation for anything that might happen.

"Huff."

I blocked an attack from a monster that resembled a bear with my arm as a shield. Although it was a bit numb, I wasn't injured.

"Gravity manipulation!"

I manipulated gravity and overloaded the monster's body as it tried to launch a second attack. The monster's movements slowed.

"Ha!"

Taking advantage of this opening, I struck the monster's jaw with my knee from bottom to top. The giant body wobbled and fell to the ground. Eventually, the body disappeared as if the fog cleared, leaving behind a magic stone.

"I see... it's here."

We encountered a group of monsters and engaged them in battle. Although we were a little nervous protecting Sora and Luna, we had received special training from Suzu and could not fall behind ordinary monsters. We properly protected Sora and Luna while annihilating the monsters.

"Meow. Rain, good job."
"Kanade, good job too. Good job, everyone. Are you okay?"
"Yes. It's nothing."
"I'm confident in my stamina."

Tania, Nina, and Tina responded energetically. As long as this pace continued, there didn't seem to be any problems. However, it would be tough if this continued indefinitely. Protecting Sora and Luna while fighting was nerve-wracking...
"Okay, let's begin."

"While Sora and Luna use magic, please take care of things."

Sora and Luna stand to the left and right of the remains of a shrine.

They chant magic spells while holding their palms towards the broken shrine.

Particles of light overflow from their palms, wrapping around the broken shrine.

"Okay... we'll leave the rest to them, let's do what we need to do!"

"Okay!"

Kanade energetically responds, and we form a circle centered around Sora and Luna, ready for whatever happens.

――――――――――



"Hmph."

I block the attack of a bear-like monster with my arm.

Although I feel numb, I'm not injured.

"Gravity manipulation!"

Just as the monster was about to launch its second attack, I manipulate gravity to overload its body.

The monster's movements slow down.

"Haah!"

Without missing a beat, I hit the monster's jaw from below with my knee.

Its massive body trembles and falls to the ground.

Soon, its body disappears like mist, leaving behind a magic stone.

"Phew... this should do it."

We were discovered by a group of monsters and ended up in a battle.

Although I was a bit nervous while protecting Sora and Luna, the training we received from Suzu-san left us more than capable of dealing with any ordinary monsters.

We properly protected Sora and Luna and wiped out the monsters.

"Meow. Rain, good job."

"Good job, Kanade. Good job, everyone. Are you all okay?"

"I'm fine. It was nothing."

"I'm fine too."

"I have confidence in my stamina."

Tania, Nina, and Tina respond energetically.

At this rate, there doesn't seem to be any problem.

However, if this continues for too long, it will be tough.

Protecting Sora and Luna while fighting takes a fair amount of nerves.

Even if we don't realize it, we may be accumulating fatigue.

Sora and Luna have been using magic for about an hour now.

Ideally, I would like them to finish soon...

...And just like that, as if our prayers had been answered, the particles of light overflowing from Sora and Luna's hands disappear.

"Phew..."

"We're tired."

Both of them breathe a sigh of relief and gently move away from the remains of the shrine.

"Good job."

"Ugh, I'm so tired... Rain, pamper me."

"Oh, that's not fair, Luna."

Luna hugs me while stumbling.

Sora follows suit and hugs me as well.

I firmly support their heads and stroke them in a congratulatory manner.

"Thank you for doing this. I'm really grateful."

"No problem. It's for the sake of our lord."

"If it's for our master, Sora will do our best."

"Meow... It's okay for them to be spoiled since they're tired... It's okay, yeah..."


For some reason, Kanade was staring at them with a complex expression.

"So, did you see something?" Tania asked the two of them, sounding a little anxious.

"Yeah, I saw something...," Luna, who usually spoke clearly, hesitated. Had she seen something unbelievable? They all tensed up involuntarily.

"The magic worked. We were able to see the sealing of Iris in this shrine."

"Well done. So, who was it? Did you recognize the person?"

"Um, that was..." Luna hesitated again, her gaze wandering. "It was my mother."

TL Note- Why is this translation taking more time than Previous one....anyway please give your feedback through comments or through  the discord sever.




Comments

Popular Posts