The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 157-Iris's past, 1

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Even if you say I'm different from normal people... I'm normal—."(Rain)



 I was about to say that much when I remembered what Kanade and everyone else always told me.



'...... I'm just a slightly different beast tamer, okay?"(Rain)



 I rephrased it that way.

 I'm not really much aware of it, but ......

 I've heard that there are very few beast tamers like me.



"Hmmm?"(Iris)



 Iris was still staring at my face.



"If Rain-sama says that, I'm inclined to question the very definition of normal."(Iris)

"I don't  how to answer if I'm being told that. ...... I may be special as a beast tamer, but I'm nothing else, you know?"(Rain)

"Really?"(Iris)

"I don't know what you suspect, but I'm not lying.'(Rain)

"I see."(Iris)



 Iris brought her face even closer.



 A beautiful face is right in front of ......me.

But strangely, I didn't feel nervous, and for some reason rather I calmed down.



"This is just my sense of things, but ...... you are a lot like that hero, aren't you?"(Iris)

"Eh?......."(Rain)



Thinking about what Iris I probably look like awful right now.



"Oh, you have a nasty look on your face."(Iris)

"I don't care if you insult me but telling Arios and I  are the same is a little. ......"(Rain)

"I'm not saying that you have the same personality, or the same mood, and so on but Yes, how should I put it,......,you have similar souls."(Iris)

"Souls are ...... similar? Doesn't that mean we are similar after all?"(Rain)

"No, no. No, no, that's not true at all. The soul refers to the root of the person. It has nothing to do with personality or atmosphere. It is an expression of a person's spiritual qualities, so it is not a superficial matter, but rather a more fundamental ......"(Iris)

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. I don't know what are you talking about."(Rain)

"I've got lots of time. Shall I give you a slow lecture?"(Iris)

"Please enlighten me......."(Rain)



 Iris laughed like an irascible child and I raised my hand in surrender.


 Really ...... seeing her act like this, she's no different than a normal girl.

 
Then what happened to Iris to make her so cruel like this.


"Well to put it simply, it's about Blood"(Iris)


"Blood?"(Rain)

"The blood that flows in Rain-sama's body and the blood that flows in that hero, it is terribly similar."(Iris)

"That's ...... can't be true."(Rain)



 Arios is a hero.

 And heroes are chosen by bloodline.


 If you were to say that my blood is  like Arios, wouldn't that be...



"Well, I don't have solid evidence, it's just my intuition. Don't think too much about it."(Iris)

"...... I see."(Rain)



 But it is not so easy to forget.

 I don't think Iris has the personality to tell trivial lies.

 There is no benefit to Iris at all for telling such a lie. ......



 Is it true, or is it not......?

 Maybe I'll have to think about it seriously later.



 ......Rather than that.



 Now rather than me it's about Iris.

 We can talk like this.

 I want to talk more and more.

 I want to know more about Iris.


"Can I ask you something?"(Rain)

"Yes, what is it?"(Iris)

"Why do you want to kill people? No, ......, why do you hate people in the first place?"(Rain)

 "....."(Iris)

"You have a reason, don't you?"(Rain)

"Ara. You ask me such a thing? I might not have a reason, you know? Maybe I'm just trying to pass the time. So ...... like a naive and innocent child squashing ants for no reason."(Iris)

"I believe Iris isn't that kind of child."(Rain)

"How can you be so sure when you've only just met the child?"(Iris)

"Maybe it's a hunch."(Rain)



 I borrowed Iris's words.



'Also, there might be some wishful thinking on my part."(Rain)

"......"(Iris)

"I still don't want to fight Iris. Or rather, I am not sure if we should vene continuing fighting like this. I simply can't say for sure but I think you are not an enemy of mankind like the demons. I've fought demons before,......, and they killed people for no reason and spread destruction as if it was natural to do so but it didn't feel the same for you."(Rain)

"That's normal. The demons don't recognize any creature other than themselves."(Iris)

"But Iris is different.  She had a strong reason ...... and chose to fight against humans for a purpose and not instinct."(Rain)

"......"(Iris)

"No?"(Rain)

"......No it is the right answer."(Iris)



 Iris admitted, surprisingly easily.


"I am different from the demon tribe. I would never kill a man for no reason."(Rain)

"If that's the case, then ......"(Rain)

"But if it means something to me, I will kill ...... without hesitation."(Iris)



 Iris laughs.

 The smile was filled with hatred and madness.



"Why ......?"(Rain)

"Yes?"(Iris)

"Why is Iris like that?What is it that drives Iris to do such?"(Rain)

"What would you do if you knew?"(Iris)

"I don't know. ...... I just want to know."(Rain)



 I stared at Iris.



"It may be wishful thinking,...... but if I can find out what's causing it, maybe we can reconcile and—."(Rain)

"That's impossible."(Iris)



 She answered immediately.

 She assured me.



 I can feel the strong will of Iris.

 She will never forgive anyone.

 It sounded like she was saying that.



"But I suppose you won't be satisfied with such an answer, ......am I right Rain-sama?"(Iris)

'Well, maybe I really can't. If I could, I would like to hear the truth from Iris's mouth."(Rain)



 A hesitant pause.

  After a while, Iris let out a small sigh.



"Phew... you're a pushy person. If you say that, it can't be helped."(Iris)

'Then,......."(Rain)

"But don't get me wrong. I'm not talking to you to make you understand me, nor to make peace with me. To know what I'm holding... to make you give up the reconciliation. That's why I'm talking to you."(Iris)

"But still, will you tell  me?"(Rain)

"Well,...... I'm a little tired of talking,...... but I don't mind a pushy gentleman."(Iris)



 Iris chuckled and moved away from me.



 

 I followed slowly after her.



"I was wondering if you have any family, Rain-sama?"(Iris)



 Iris asked in a quiet voice with her back to me.



"No. They were attacked by a demon and died a long time ago. "(Rain)

"Oh, I see. ...... I'm sorry you had to remember that again."(Iris)

"I don't care. I've already got my mind made up."(Rain)

"I'm glad to hear that."(Iris)


Iris smiled at me.

 



"I think I understand one of the reasons for the affinity I have for you, Rain-sama."(Iris)

"Is it ...... that?"(Rain)

"I, too, have lost my entire family."(Iris)



 I could hear a slight sadness in Iris's voice.



 It was a very human emotion, and at a time like this, it made me feel close to Iris.

 I knew that Iris also grieves when she loses her family members.

Right now she is no different from other people, right now she is closest to being a human.



"...... Is this a story about the Celestials?"(Rain)

(TL: Celestial = Heavenly Tribe)

 I was a little lost, but I decided to go ahead and listen.



The most powerful species said to be extinct.

 Why did they become extinct?

 Why did it disappear?

 It is not known.



 It occurred to me.



 If humans were involved in the reason for the extinction of the Heavenly Tribe, what would ...... I say?

 If so, Iris' hatred would make sense.



"Before I tell you about me,......, let me first tell you about us, the Celestials."(Iris)



 Iris turned around.

 Her face was unnaturally calm.



"How much do you know about us, Rain-sama?"(Iris)

"To tell you  the truth is that I know very little about ...... them. It has been a long time since they were said to have been destroyed and the reason for their demise has not been revealed,....... We don't know anything about them."(Rain)

"I see, That was expected."(Iris)



 Iris bit her nails lightly.



"It sounds like something a human being would think of."(Iris)

"What do you mean by that?"(Rain)

"What do you think it means?"(Iris)



 The question was answered with a question.



 What does Iris know?

 What has she seen?



 I guessed them and thought about them.

 Eventually,...... I came to one answer.



"...... the extinction of the heavenly tribe involved human?"(Rain)

'Correct."(Iris)

TL Note- Flashback time......


Comments

Popular Posts