The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 134-Shadow of the strongest species

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

I remembered a girl I met the other day in River End.

 Iris matches the characteristics of the story I heard from the villagers.



 Of course, I can't make the judgment that Iris is the devil based on that alone. ......



 I can't ignore the strange feeling I had at that time.

 On the outside, she is an ordinary girl, but ......

 But inside she is  like an alien being, with sharp fangs hidden inside. Such a feeling is what I get from her.



 It is impossible to think of it in a normal way.

 What kind of feeling is it?

 Still, I couldn't give up on the possibility. ......



"Nyah ...... Rain?"(Kanade)

"What?"(Rain)

"What's wrong? You're making a face like this?"(Kanade)



 Kanade raised her eyebrows to express her difficult face.



"Uh ......."(Rain)

"Maybe something is on your mind?"(Cel)


 Cel asked.

 She was perceptive.

 She must have seen the change in me and came to that conclusion.



 So, what should I do?

 If I give out uncertain information, I might confuse them.

 However, if the information about Iris is important, leaving it out could lead to irreparable consequences.



"Um ...... This is an unsubstantiated story. Still, I'll tell you in passing."(Rain)



 After thinking about it, I decided to tell him about Iris.

 It could have been confusing, but ......

 Still, I decided now was not the time to leave it out.



So, ...... I began



 I told them about Iris.



"I see,......, the girl you met at River End, right?"(Cel)

'Nyah,...... Rain, I can't believe you're meeting  girls at night,...... Unyah.'(Kanade)



 Cel nodded quietly, and Kanade, for some reason, gave me the jitters.

 It's not like that I hunt girls at night, so please don't look at me like that.

 In any case we're having a serious conversation right now, okay?



"What do you think?"(Rain)



 I asked Cel.



'Well, from what I've ...... heard, it doesn't make any sense that you just happened to meet a girl who matched the characteristics and her timing is so good that you have become exceptionally aware of it."(Cel)

"I see. ......"(Rain)

"That's what I would normally say ......."(Cel)



 

 After a pause, she spoke again.



"It might be worth checking out."(Cel)

"Do you believe me?"(Rain)

'Right now, I'd like any information you can give me. We don't have many leads, and I'd be willing to take a chance on even the slightest chance of identifying the person. Plus ......."(Cel)

"Plus?"(Rain)

"If Rain says so, I have some faith in you."(Cel)

'Rain, how did you win Cel's trust so quickly? Nyah,......, as usual, girls still turn on you like that."(Kanade)



 So why the glare?



"Fufufu, don't worry about it."(Cel)



 For some reason, Cel smiles slightly at Kanade, who looks unhappy.



"I didn't really trust his personality, I've only had a brief trip with him, and I haven't given him the time of day yet."(Cel)

"Nyan? Then why?"(Kanade)

"I've decided to trust his strength, not his personality."(Cel)



 This time, Cel smiled at me.



"He has the power of the strongest species..  But since  even Rain is wary of that person, I'm wary of them too. That's what I mean."(Cel)


'Nyaa I see...... hmmm. I'm glad that Rain is being recognized, but I feel like both of you are  communicating more and more, and I'm getting impatient. ......"(Kanade)



 What does she mean by "impatient"?

 I think Kanade is a bit strange these days.



"Fufu."(Cel)



 



Cel laughs a small laugh, as if she understands what Kanade is thinking.

 "Don't worry. It's simply that I trust the power. I'm not trying to touch him."(Cel)

"Nyanya, nyanya, are you talking about ......?"(Kanade)

"That's so obvious, but I don't think he's getting the point."(Cel)

"I know, right ......?"(Kanade)

"I don't know what I can do, but I'll support you."(Cel)

'Wow ...... thanks! Cel is such a nice person."(Kanade)



 I don't know how, but a friendship was formed between them.



"Anyway,......, what are you going to do after this?"(Cel)

"I'd like to go back to River End once we're done talking about  Rain."(Kanade)

"We're not completely done talking to the survivors, are we?"(Rain)



 I've been talking to some of the survivors but......

 Some of them were too traumatized and frightened to listen properly.

 Perhaps such people might have important information.

 Given this, I think it would not be a good idea to discontinue the information gathering process here.



"Let's divide into two groups, One group will continue to gather information here, and the other group will search for River End."(Rain)

'...... let's not do that.'(Cel)



 After thinking about it for a moment, Cel shook her head.



'The enemy must have tremendous power. My guess is that it's probably the ......"(Cel)

"One of the most powerful species ......?"(Rain)

'Yes, correct.'(Cel)



 We had come to that possibility after hearing from the survivors.



Even though it is a remote village, it is not normal to destroy an entire village.

 I heard that some adventurers had stayed in the village, but they were no match for them.



 I have not actually seen the village of Pagos, but ......

 From what I've heard, it looks as if it suffered a major natural disaster, leaving traces of the calamity behind.



 What is capable of exercising such bullshit power.

 The possibility that it is someone  from  the most powerful species.



"If it's the strongest species, it wouldn't be a good idea to divide the party. Although subjugation isn't the goal... I think it's better to avoid danger."(Cel)

"If ...... Iris is the culprit, it would be a bad idea if we ran into her."(Rain)

"I'll report to the guild that the potential culprit is in River End, along with the information we've gotten from this interview. I don't think that will be a problem for now. We have a limited amount of time, so we'll wait to investigate the River End until after we're done here."(Cel)

"Okay, we'll go with that."(Rain)

"Nyaa...... what do you mean after all?"(Kanade)



 Kanade was lightly rolling her eyes.

 



 It's not that we're talking about anything hugely difficult,.......

 I'm not sure if I should make her study a little more?



"I mean, for the time being, we'll continue our research here."(Rain)

"I see. What should I do?"(Kanade)

"Well, ......"(Rain)



 We had managed to get some information from the villagers of Pagos, with a few exceptions.

 The next action to take is ......



"Hey!"(??)



 A familiar voice.

 When I turned around, I saw Axe.

 He seemed to be in a hurry and came running toward us.



"What's wrong? Have you searched the perimeter?"(Cel)

"Did you find anything, by any chance?"(Rain)

"No, I didn't find anything."(Axe)

"If so......, why did you come back?"(Cel)

"Oh, no. I just saw a little something happen, and I thought it would be best to tell you right away. ......"(Axe)



 

 



"A little thing? What's that?"(Rain)

'Oh,...... it's quicker if you actually see it. Come over here."(Axe)

"Ah, ......  calm down"(Cel)



 Axe pulled Cel's hand.

 He looked at me in that state.



'The thing is, it's not as simple as you might think. Rain and Kanade-chan, come here quickly."(Axe)

"Where are we going?"(Rain)

'The entrance to the village. You two are C-ranked, so you'll know it when you see it."(Axe)



 What is it?

 I wondered, but decided to do as Axe said for now.

 Together with Kanade, who also tilted her head, we headed for the entrance of the village.

And there he was: ......



 "Leave it to me. If they show up here, as they did in Pagos, I'll get rid of them."(??)

"Oh, you are indeed a brave man!"(Villager A)

'How dependable."(Villager B)

"I was terrified that that demon would come after me, but now I can rest easy."(Villager C)



 Surrounded by the villagers as if they were worshipping him was ...... Arios and his friends.

TL Note- Oh people have stopped commenting on the whole.....people are still reading right?


Comments

Popular Posts