The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 138-Memories of the corpse

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Trees are scattered on flat, round stones.

 This must have been the original shrine.

But the base of the tree was barely still in its original form.



 It looked like a not so big shrine.

 It was probably only about the size of my waist.

 The dust and dirt on the fragments suggest that it had been left out in the open for many years.





 The people of the village of Pagos knew of the existence of the shrine, but they had no idea that the devil was really sealed up there, and they probably left it alone.



'Nyah,...... it must have broken down naturally?"(Kanade)

"It's in tatters, and that may be part of it."(Sora)



 Kanade and Sora looked at the remains of the shattered shrine and spilled out such impressions.

 However, Axe shook his head in response.



'No, I guess not.'(Axe)

"Nyan?  Why?"(Kanade)

"Look at this guy."(Axe)



 Axe takes a piece of the broken shrine in his hand.

 It is probably the outersurface of the shrine.

 It is battered from exposure to the wind and rain, but ......

 Part of it had been neatly severed in half.



'If it had decayed naturally, it would not be so damaged. It must have been broken with a sword or axe or ...... blade."(Axe)

'Oh."(Kanade)

'That's surprising. I didn't think Axe could see through that."(Cel)

"Can you please not say something awful!"(Axe)



 The girl's verbal abuse was fatal enough for Axe, and he was a little teary-eyed.



"Are you sure ?"(Rain)

'Oh come on Rain, even you're not going to say that too right?"(Axe)

"I'm just checking. I didn't mean anything else."(Rain)

'...... Unfortunately, Axe is right.'(Cel)



 Cel said so, as if to follow up.

 In her hand, she held a jewel-like stone.



'What is it?'(Rain)

'It's the result of the wards ...... that protected this shrine from the demons."(Cel)

"There is such a thing as a ward?"(Rain)


"That is to say, ...... the wards are usually inaccessible to the demons. Only people can break the shrine,...... and?"(Axe)

'That's how it works. Well, if a demon horde came out, they might have been able to break the wards, so ...... never say never."(Cel)

"Hmmm ......."(Rain)



 We've found out that it's very likely that someone destroyed the shrine. ......



 Who was it?

 What purpose did they have?

 Did it know about the devil or not?

 There are still many things we don't know.



"Any other clues?"(Rain)

"I don't see anything that looks like it, but what about the ...... Cel?"(Axe)

"No luck here either. Nothing but the wreckage of a broken shrine."(Cel)

"I see... ...... so it was a waste of time.'(Rain)



 We know that the shrine may have been artificially destroyed, but we don't have any information about our goal.....

That is there is no information about the devil, which is the most important thing.

 I was hoping that if we came here, we might be able to find out how to reseal it, but apparently, we struck out.



"...... No, it's not a wasted trip."(Luna)

"Luna?"(Rain)

"Rain, guys. Come here, I found something interesting. Oh, and Nina, stay where you are. Tina, you watch Nina."(Luna)



 Tania  also beckoned from a short distance away.

 But why ...... is Nina staying at back?



"Well, ...... I understand."(Nina)

"I don't know the reason, but I'm supposed to stay here with Nina, right? Okay."(Tina)



 The two of them seemed to have no objection and stayed where they were.

 We moved a short distance away to the slope of the mountain, which was steep.



 Was the foothold so dangerous that Nina had to stand by?

 I think so, but ...... soon learn that I am mistaken.



'This is ......."(Rain)

'Rain and the others were checking out the shrine, weren't they? So me and Luna were checking around the area,...... and we found this guy."(Tania)



 Ahead of Tania's gaze,...... there was a dead human body caught in the slope of the mountain.



'Ugh, this is ......"(Cel)

"...... that's awful."(Axe)



 Axe and Cel frowned.

 The two A-ranked people will probably encounter dead bodies not infrequently.

 But even he two of them frowned at this.

 One can guess what is the condition of that person from this.



"Unya...... this...... is a little bit tough......."(Kanade)

"It's quite something, isn't it...... Uugh"(Sora)



 The body must have been left there for days.

 



 

 There were insects and damage here and there, whether caused by ...... beasts or demons.


"Are you two all right? If it's too hard, you should rest with Nina."(Tania)

"Tania looks unconcerned ......."(Sora)

" I'm not totally fine, I'm just bearing with it. I really want to get out of here right now."(Tania)

"I'll be patient, too, if you'll let me ....... I'm not going to put Tania through that alone"

 "Yeah,...... well, if that's what you both want to do, fine,...... but if it's too hard, don't push yourself too hard, okay? I'm more worried about you girls, you know."(Tania)



 Tania seemed more worried about others. 


"Is that a ...... stab wound?"(Axe)

"Yes, probably from the sword."(Cel)



 Axe and Cel were calmly observing the body.

 They had already found the cause of death. It was as if they were professionals.....Well they are.



 Cell puts her hand on his chin and makes a thoughtful gesture.

"Why is there a dead body here ......?"(Cel)

"I don't know, but it's hard to imagine that ...... had nothing to do with it."(Axe)

"Yeah, I guess so. It would be natural to assume that there is some connection between the artificially destroyed shrine and the nearby corpse ......."(Cel)

"Hmm."(Rain)



 I also tried to organize the information in my head.

 What is the connection between the destroyed shrine and the body found near it?



"Maybe a ...... witness?"(Rain)

"Nyan? What do you mean, Rain?"(Kanade)



 I told Kanade, who seemed to be wondering, about a possibility that suddenly came to my mind.



"I'm not sure what the connection is, but it's just too good to be true that he could have collapsed in a place like this. It's normal to think there's a connection to the broken shrine."(Rain)

"Yeah, right."(Cel)

"Then what was the connection? Did this person destroy the shrine? But he didn't have a weapon, and it doesn't make sense that he would destroy it and then commit suicide. Then I thought, "Well, maybe he witnessed the crime, found out about it, and was killed ...... to keep him from talking."(Rain)

"I see. ...... that's interesting."(Cel)



 Cell, who had been listening to me, nodded deeply.



"I'm just guessing, there's no basis for it, okay?"(Rain)

"Still, it makes sense, I have no problem considering it as one of the possibilities."(Cel)

"Besides, that corpse was obviously murdered by someone else."(Axe)



 Axe added.



"How do you know?"(Rain)

"The stab wounds were from the back. You don't go to all that trouble to kill yourself from the back, do you?"(Axe)

"Right in case of suicide, how could one possibly do that? ......"(Rain)



 As expected of an A-rated adventurer.

 I thought we had grown up to a certain extent by being trained by Suzu-san,.......

 I guess we still lack some of the knowledge and experience of these adventurers.

 I have to learn from the two of them.



"Well ......, I guess that's about it for our investigation."(Rain)



 There is nothing more to investigate.

 Let's go back to Pagos and sort out the information there.



 I was thinking that when.....

"Uh Rain. Shall we look at the memories of that corpse?"(Luna)



 Luna said something like that.


 "Come to think of it, the two of you could use magic to search for memories. But can we use that kind of magic on a corpse?"(Rain

"It's a little tricky, but it's not impossible. If we work together, we can do it."(Luna)



I was mistaken again.



"Well, can you do it for me?"(Rain)

"Don't worry I'm in charge of this !"(Sora)

"I'll take care of it."(Luna)



 Sora and Luna were so excited that they deployed their wings and began chanting magic.

 Seeing them, Axe and Cel were surprised.



'Oh, they really are spirit people,......."(Axe)

"I've heard stories about them,......, but it's true. I'm surprised."(Cel)



 Sora and Luna cast a magic spell while receiving the astonished gazes of Axl and Cel.

 The light was sucked into the corpse.



"Mmmm~"(Luna)

"......."(Sora



 Luna gives a strange grunting sound.

While Sora controls her magic silently.



 Somewhat later......

 The two gently opened their eyes.



"How was it?"'(Rain)

''That ...... we were successful, I was able to search the corpse's memory. So, I could see the killer, but . ......"(Luna)

"Yeah? What's the matter with your hesitation?"(Rain)

"Rain, Don't be surprised to hear that, okay? The person who killed this man ...... and the person who destroyed the shrine there were the same person. And he is ...... the hero."(Sora)


TL Note- A cliffhanger from author's side not mine.




Comments

Popular Posts