A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 32

Chapter 2-Liliana's words.

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

 "After all, what was that thing......?"(Cleo)





 I looked at my hands and just muttered to myself.

 I had undoubtedly been near death in my battle with the bandit chief Odo. Nonetheless, the next time I regained consciousness, my hands had taken his life.

 And he left me with a satisfied look on his face.





"I've earned God's favor?"(Cleo)





 I can only nod my head in confusion.

 It was like a child who had just been born and didn't know what was right or wrong. It's supposed to be about me, but I don't understand a single thing about it. My father told me that we were the descendants of heroes.

 But that alone cannot explain everything.

 There are still many things I don't know.







"Cleo, you're awake."(Liliana)

"...... Liliana?"(Cleo)







 As I was thinking this, my childhood friend entered the room I was using to rest.

 She found  that I was awake and came next to me with a small smile. Alongside me, who was looking up at the sky by the window, Liliana did the same followed my sight.

 Her face, illuminated by the moonlight, is mature, not unlike that of a young girl.

 I wondered if Liliana had noticed me staring at her, and then she opened her mouth.





"I will not ask what happened to Cleo."(Liliana)

"Eh?"(Cleo)





 That was a little unexpected.

 I thought she was going to ask me what had happened to me. But my childhood friend shook her head left and right a few times and continued.





"I'm not ...... sure. To be precise, I'm confused about a lot of things too."(Cleo)





 Putting her hand lightly on her forehead.

 She sighed loudly.

 She then spoke to me, who was still in the middle of my confusion.

 





"Still, one thing is certain"(Liliana)





 Liliana looked straight at me as if she understood my hesitation.

 








"Cleo is now wondering who he is, isn't he? Then there is only one answer."(Liliana)









 She poked me lightly on the cheek with her index finger.











"You are my dear childhood friend."(Liliana)

(TL:Cleo got Friend zoned?)









 That is the one thing I will never waver on.

  She's right, I thought.

 Even if I wasn't a normal person, the time I spent with Liliana and everyone else was not a lie. All I can do is believe and move forward. That's what I thought.





"So, please stop looking so anxious."(Liliana)

"...... yeah."(Cleo)





 It might be a little difficult to belive but I think she really came here just to tell me that.

 After saying what she wanted, she also looked up at the sky without saying a word.







 Liliana was right.

 I am Cleo and no one else.







 Let's not think about that right now.

 There are so many things that are more important than that. ......


TL Note- To those readers who are kinda lost, I will recommend you a re-read , Volume 31 should cover things up.


Comments

Popular Posts