Evil Avalon


Chapter 89-Order of the Golden Lion

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

-- Kaworu Hayase's Point of View

 

"A demon wolf, I will lead the way!"

"Guah! Guwah!"



 From far away, Ms. Omiya comes running with a very large Demon Wolf Warg.

 

 The wolf is so fast that even if you try to bring it along normally, it will catch up with you on the way, so you have to use a remote attack to catch it from afar. But Omiya-san is very good with the bow, and on top of that, she can do several multi-roles, from scouting to attacker, which dramatically improves our hunting efficiency.

 

 I can see glimpses of her high physical ability in some places, so I don't feel like she's pushing herself too hard  but with her level, I can only wonder how she has such a physique.



"Hayase-san, I'm counting on you!"

"Yes, leave it to me."



 I'm so impressed with her ability that I can hear the demon wolf's breathing as it comes close enough to me. Now I have to take the first hit as the tank and keep up the hate. I signal and give instructions to the group members while holding my shield.



"Everyone take your positions. Don't take too much weight."

"Okay!"

 "Ooooh!""



 The body hit of a demon wolf over 2 meters long is heavy, but I can hold my ground if I can see when it is coming.

 

 For ny main weapon, I use a thin sword that is easy to handle with just his right hand. Its attack power is weak, but it is the best weapon for just gaining hate. I would connect my attacks in detail and fix the target on me. Omiya-san is actually a better tank than I am, but she is watching over us from afar, keeping her hands to herself for the sake of our experience and to earn experience points.

 

 The group members, on the other hand, are carefully attacking while watching for hate so as not to take the target away from me. Even though today was the first time for us to hunt for the Demon Wolves, we were not in a flustered state, and we were able to stand steady as a group. The second half of the exam is approaching, but I am able to move my body and my physical condition seems to be in good shape.

 

(I'm glad I took the plunge and came all this way.)

 

 I thought hunting on the 6th floor was a big gamble, but I knew I could do it well enough since the group members were able to make job changes in addition to Omiya's unexpected ability.

 

 If we could continue to hunt demon wolves at this rate, perhaps we could beat the D class in terms of the amount of demon stones. The elite team of Mashima and his team were scheduled to join us in the afternoon, and the flow was definitely coming. In order to get through the rest of the school year, the key to success will be how consistently we can hunt the Demon Wolves.



" If things go like this we'll be able to get through the rest of the school year. That's the third one!"

"That's good. After we catch our breath, let's work a little harder until noon."

"Oh, yeah! Let's go!"

 

 

 

 *...*...*...*...*...*...*

 

 

 

"Oh, everyone. You've got a different look on your face. ...... We, on the other hand, have given you a disappointing performance. I'm really sorry."

"No, I heard you and Mashima were doing great."

"Mashima, let's make a fresh start again."



 While I was eating lunch, Mashima and his friends came to join us and bowed to me after greeting me. I think it was an inevitable result but I have to hank them for not complaining and working to support us.

 

 

"Hayase. What should we do?"

"We have confirmed that we can hunt the wolves, but there may be goblin riders in the vicinity. If you could hunt them with us while we hunt the wolves, it would make us more efficient."

" You've just arrived on the 6th floor, it will be tricky to deal with them. I understand, we'll take care of it."



 Goblin riders riding with demon wolves are often in a clique, and even if they are alone, they are difficult to defeat because they will run away when they are at a disadvantage. Mashima, who has a lot of experience in hunting here, would be able to continue defeating them without any problem.

 

 After that, as we were confirming our strategy, he suddenly whispered to me, 
 

"Speaking of which, is it true about the ...... helpers?"

'Yes, Omiya-san brought them here. I don't know if he can come today."

"I was wondering if Omiya knew him. Did Tachiki give you any instructions?"

Naoto informed me that he would not be planning a strategy that relies on helpers. The main message was that they wanted to win this class competition by their own strength to gain confidence, but they may already be thinking about class strategies for the future.

 

"I see. So It's Tachiki's own way......what's wrong?"

 

 A classmate who was on watch rushes in as if in a panic. 

 

" Mashima! The demon wolf is linking over there. It's a train!

"How many? Forget that everyone, get ready for battle!"

"Hurry up, everyone!"



 When I heard the word "train," I thought of that Sorrel clan. But this time, there were only a few of them, so it was not a number that we could not handle. I quickly put on my protective gear and stood up with my shield.

 

"I should go to the front too.'

"I want you to catch the person who made the train, Omiya-san. Can you do that for me?"

"I know, he got away that time. I understand."

"Here they come! The Demon Wolf .....5!"



 As we were all holding our breaths and bracing ourselves, a man came running up to 10 meters in front of us. He was masked, so we couldn't see his face, but we could guess from his shaggy hair that he was the same person who had brought the Orc Lord.

 

 The man was holding what looked like some kind of magical tool in his hand, and when he passed magic power through it, his presence suddenly disappeared and his figure became difficult to see. This feeling of disappearing from sight is similar to that of a masked adventurer.

 

 The disappearance of the man who had been the demon wolf's target reset his hate, and they attacked us all at once. They abused their magical tools to do the rubbing.

 

 We were in charge of one demon wolf and Mashima's group was in charge of three.  Omiya-san finished off the remaining one with a single blow, and then ran to catch the man who must still be nearby.

 

"Everyone, don't panic! We'll be fine!"

 

 

 

 *...*...*...*...*...

 

 

 

 As we take a breath after defeating the last demon wolf, Omiya-san drags the captured man in front of us.

 

'Hahahaha...... so I was just running away from a tangled mess too!'

 

 His mask is removed, revealing his distinctive appearance, with a beard and a moustache attached to it. He's uttering bitter excuses, but I have the pictures from Orc Lord, so I won't let him get away with it.

 

 "It's a lie. Your picture is already out there."

 "......? What are you doing ...... to complain against  me , do you know who I am!

"You're a dirty little bastard. I'm going to turn you in to the guild."



 The man was so violent that he kept on screaming and screaming and screaming and screaming and screaming. The man repeatedly mentions Sorrel's name as he storms off, but if we let him go, he will do it again. It would be wiser to turn him in to the Adventurers' Guild as soon as possible, just as Mashima had said.

 

 As if timing it right, a group of people came rushing toward us from the other side, a D-class group incharge for total magical stone capacity. Were they waiting nearby?

 

"Inferior class trash! You messed with my brother, you're not going to get away with it!

"Thank goodness you're here. These guys are making false accusations against me."



 The leader of the D class group, Manaka Zenjiru was always an enemy of our class and had attacked Sota the other day. I guess his intention is to make this issue go away, but I sense something more unpleasant than that from Hazama.



"D class people. We have proof, so there's no point in trying to bring violence to the situation."

"You're making ridiculous accusations. I'll crush you!"



 Mashima-kun retorts that he has the video evidence and that D were the bad guy, but Hazama and some others in D class pull out their weapons and point the tip of their swords at us without saying whether or not.

 

 

 They are capable of killing not only monsters but also people. Even if they did not intend to kill, they could easily cut off an arm or even kill a person. I don't think that will happen, but just in case it does, I have to make a phone call to the guild...

"You bitch, what were you trying to do?"

"Ow!"

"Hey!"



 When he grabbed me by the hair and tried to swung me around, Ms. Omiya grabbed his hand and intervened. That was the signal for a battle, and it almost turned into a battle, but before the D class could take a step forward, Ms. Omiya quickly overpowered half of them. It was truly amazing.

 

"I won't tolerate evil!"

"Teh ...... teh, what's with that strength ......?"



 Class D was surprised and dismayed by her unexpected strength. As far as I could tell from the database, most of the D class total magic stone quantity groups should have been around level 7 or 8, but none of the students were able to handle Ms. Omiya's speed. So I guess we can be sure that she is level 10 or above.

 

 

 Mashima and I were surprised, but we immediately took out our phones and called the school and the guild for help. We could not forgive the man Sorrel who caused this incident, nor the D class who tried to kill us with violence by pointing a weapon at us.

 

 But we can no longer say so. ......

 

"Aaah. ......"

"What are you doing, Koneko-chan?"

 

 Soon  someone comes into the room at an unseen speed with the wind, he kicks  Omiya-san in the side and blows her away. My mind can't catch up with what has happened with the sudden appearance of the intruder.

 

 Standing there was a large, muscular, but out-of-place and flamboyant man. He wore vulgar jewelry on his hands and ears, a large golden sword on his back, a badge of the sun and the ...... Order of the Golden Lion gleaming on his chest.

 

(That medal is ...... for a "designated conquering clan, it's bad.)



 The "Designated Strategy Clan" is a title given only to clans that have been recognized by the Japanese government for their high level of ability and achievement. There are many clans that call themselves "strategy clans," but the "designated strategy clan" is not allowed to call itself so easily. The Order of the Golden Lion is a badge of honor that only members of that clan can hold. It is said that many adventurers make it their ultimate goal.

 

 However, Sorel is not a designated strategy clan. He probably belongs to a higher, more famous clan.

 

 Omiya-san, on the other hand, had rolled several meters and remained motionless. She was unable to react at all to the man's kick, and seemed to have been knocked unconscious by it. When Mashima and I took a step forward to check her condition, we were hit by a strong, undulating "aura."

 

"You kids, do you think you can get away with this for free?"



 The aura is so dense and so massive that everyone here, including me, is terrified and crouches down in prostration. I could not measure how strong it was, but I was made to understand that even if we were all united, we would not stand a chance.

 

 For the sake of the future of our class, we must not give in to threats. I know that. But what can I do in the face of such an aura of violence?

 

 I had no choice but to pray desperately that my heart would not be broken in this dark and depressing situation with no clear future.

 

TL Note-  This situation calls for a hero or in this case  a heroine. 


Comments

Popular Posts