A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 30

Chapter 3-Discomfort and possibility.


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"The bandits' hideout is one mountain over. ......"(Cleo)

"It's not safe to leave now. We'll have to spend the night here. ......"(Liliana)

"............, yes, that's right.Then in the meantime I'll start with their last offerings rites."(Cleo)







 Liliana's efforts have given us some information about where the bandits live.

  

 The boy has been in tears since a few minutes ago, looking at the bodies one by one.

 We could no longer distinguish them from anyone else, but perhaps they looked different in his eyes.





'Hey, Mitos,......?"(Cleo)

'...... yes, what is it? Cleo-san."(Mitos)

"I think we should build graves for these people. It is difficult to do it one by one. It would have to be a joint grave somewhere in a large area."(Cleo)

"Is that possible ...... Will you do that?"(Mitos)





 Mitos asked me emphatically in response to my suggestion.




"The first class work is not possible, but to some extent I can do stone work and other things like that. With magic I can dig a hole, and with alchemy I should be able to smelt the necessary tombstones. It's going to be something simple, but if it's good enough for Mitos,  then ......."(Cleo)

'Oh no, that's great ......! Um, please take care of it!"(Mitos)

"Yeah, okay."(Cleo)

(TL:Cleo is second in everything)



 I nodded and discussed tonight's work with Keane and Liliana.

 They were willing to do it. But it was Escalate who was alone in her thoughts. My sister was about to touch a body.

 But when she noticed our eyes on her, she withdrew her hand.





"What's wrong, Escalite?"(Cleo)

"No,  its nothing."(Escalite)

"Ok?"(Cleo)





 When I tilted my head, she left without changing her expression.

 I looked away from Escalite's back and then looked at the body of the villager she was about to touch. It was not unlike the other bodies, badly decomposed.

 It had to be some kind of magic or the passage of time for this to happen.





'Could it be that some of the bandits are skilled wizards ......?"(Cleo)





 That is a possibility.

 If so, it might not be a good idea to think of them as mere bandits.

 We have to be very careful. Tomorrow, we will face such an unfathomable opponent.





"But first, I need to ......."(Cleo)







 But for now.

 I'm going to think about the people of this village.

 With this thought in mind, I quietly put my hands together again.

TL Note- Who is the imposter 🤫 *plays imposter sounds*


Comments

Popular Posts