A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 29

Chapter 4-A boy asking for help.

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Oh, um! Thank you so much for your help!"(Boy)

"No need to say thanks. I can't just abandon someone in need."(Cleo)

"Regardless Thank you very much!"(Boy)





 When we saved the boy who was being attacked by bandits, he looked at us with his eyes shining. The boy, whose name was Mitos, bowed his head repeatedly even though we had stopped him.

 He had shaggy black hair that looked as if it had never had a chance to be groomed. His bangs hid one of his golden eyes. His height is not different from Escalité's, giving the impression that he is really petite, perhaps due to his dietary upbringing.

 On the back of Mitos was a bow and a quiver of arrows that were inappropriate for his stature.





 "...... Well, so. Why was Mitos being chased?"(Cleo)





 I asked the boy after confirming that the wave of gratitude had settled down.

 Then he looked at me with a start and said, 





"Oh, yes! I came looking for help!"(Mitos)

"Help?"(Cleo)





 I asked to reconfirm, and Mitos nodded his head.

 




"There is a village where I live, but bandits came from the nearby mountains and kidnapped many people."(Mitos)





 He said that he had escaped from there with his life.

 He then went on to say.



 The village of Mitos is a small farming community at the foot of a mountain.

 In recent years, however, bandits have begun to live in the mountains, and this has become a problem. Last night, the bandits finally attacked the village.





"I could only run away,But I'm faster than the others, so I thought I'd call for help. ......"(Mitos)

"I see."(Cleo)





 After listening to the whole story, I start to ponder.

 After that, I cast a glance at Liliana and the others .......





"Let me guess you want to say that you want to help, right?"(Liliana)

"Oh, how did you find out?"(Cleo)

"I'm very  much aware of Cleo's character."(Liliana)





 My childhood friend replied with a loud sigh.

 She is right, I am thinking that I can save the village of Mitos. It would be easy for the members present here to subdue the bandits, and as far as the location is concerned, the loss of time is not zero, but it didn't seem like it would be that much.

 Still, I must not forget the purpose of this trip.

 On top of that, I also asked Escalite and Keane for their opinion.





"I disagree."(Escalite)





 And it was my younger sister who first voiced her opinion.

 Escalité, in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, pleaded, 




"We value our father's life more than ours. Isn't that right, big brother?"(Escalite 

"That's true, but ......"(Cleo)





 It was difficult for me to refute this .

 The purpose of this trip is to cure father's illness, as my sister said.

 But that doesn't mean we can abandon people in crisis. As I was pondering what to do, Keane said, 





"I was listening to what you said, and I was thinking that the location of that village would be a good place to set up camp. In any case, the sun is about to set for the day, and we can't go any further."(Keane)

"I see. ......"(Cleo)


(TL:Keane comes in to save the day)


 He seemed to have a point.

 And Keane is the most well-traveled person in the group.

 I think it would be better to listen to his opinion for the time being. So, I'm going to go ahead with the plan, So.

"Then let's go to the village of Mitos for now."(Cleo)

"Really?"(Mitos)





 The boy's expression brightened as I declared that.





"Yes but I don't know how much help we can be yet. ......"(Cleo)

"No! But I'm still reassured!"(Mitos)





 Mitos took my hand and smiled a childish smile.

 Seeing this made me want to help  him even more. That's when it happened.







" ............."(Escalite)

"What's wrong? Escalite."(Cleo)

"Eh,......, nothing, big brother."(Escalite)

"Um,is that so ......?"(Cleo)





 I noticed that Escalite was casting an ever-sharper glance at Mitos. 

 

 There was no reason. But I felt that there was something wrong with her.







"Was it my imagination, or was it ......?"(Cleo)







 I thought for a moment, but then quickly changed my mind.


TL Note- So I want to ask your readers , Should we add a bro-con tag or a yandre tag to this novel?


Comments

  1. Escalite is looking more and more sus by the minute. If this were an actual game of Among Us, i would probably cast my vote against her at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts