A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 26 

Chapter 3-Truth or no truth.

(TL:By Rafael)



'The dukes are the descendants of heroes ......?'(Cleo)

"Ah, yes. We are the descendants of the heroes who saved this world and defeated the evil of the Demon King, even though they are no longer a part of this world and have become a skeleton."(Dan)

"............"(Cleo)





 I raised my eyebrows a little at my father's words.

 I had never heard of such a thing before. 

 My father, however, clearly affirmed the existence of heroes.





"Look at this, Cleo. A sad monument, forgotten even by royalty."(Dan)

"............"(Cleo)





 I walked over to check it out.

 Yes, there was something there that complemented the story as told by my father. But it would not be conclusive evidence, I thought.

 If there is a stone monument in such a place, how come no one noticed it?

 As I thought about this, my father told me, .





"The problem is behind this."(Dan)

"Behind ......?"(Cleo)





 Hearing this, I tilted my head and looked at the back of the monument.

 What was written on the back of the monument?





I've never seen those words before.





 I wondered what language it was from.

 I was second in linguistics, but I had never seen such letters. But strangely, I could read it.



 It said something like this: In the end, I will not be able to return to my original world until I die.





 My father opened his mouth quietly.





"Only those who are related to the duke's family can read these words. I have no idea what kind of magic it is, but..."(Dan)

"............"(Cleo)

"After the battle of a thousand years ago, our family has been told to keep the contents of this inscription secret. This is a story I have also heard from my predecessors."(Dan)

"The previous generation ......?"(Cleo)





 I asked my father, and he laughed somewhat sneeringly and said,

 "The previous generation - from your point of view. The duke, your grandfather, didn't believe in this story at all. He thought it was just a tool to maintain the dignity of the duke's family."(Dan)





 Finally, he asked, 





"But I have always believed it to be true. What do you think, Cleo?"(Dan)





 Straight out.

 I thought for a moment and answered.





"I don't know. I --"(Cleo)





 --I think it means something.





 That's when I was about to say it.









 "......, it's all true."(??)









 I heard a woman's voice that sounded vaguely familiar: .......

TL Note- Someone add a isekai tag on Nu and the story takes a wild turn again and who was that women, find out in the next chapter of Dragon Ball- *cough* Second in Everything. 



Comments

  1. Now we find out the prequel to the story is an Isekai?? Well to be fair, they intend this in the manga but from how it's going it's gonna be very different from the novel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts