Evil Avalon


Chapter 77-Important work

(TL:By Rafael)

After finishing a sumptuous lunch at the Pig's Tail Pavilion, the group of adventurers were to leave immediately for the next floor.



 They were planning to stay at the accommodation on the 10th floor for the night, and had already made reservations. So, we had to run from the 7th floor, where there are fewer adventurers, to the 7th floor.



"Do you want one of these? Ah~n!"

"I'm not hungry yet, so I'm fine. ......"

"Really?"



 Amama-san is dexterously eating a takoyaki while running through the somewhat dimly lit forest MAP. The other people have moved on without us, so it's never just the two of us now. She is running, surrounded by black-clad butlers in front of her, behind her, and to her left and right.



(I don't mean to touch her, but I wish they wouldn't kill me so blatantly...)



 They glanced at the latest "DUX brand" weapons owned by the Tenma Trading Company and stared at us from all sides as if to say, "If you lay a finger on our lady, we will kill you. "They glared at us from all directions. When Mr. Amama came to me a few minutes ago, I thought the space had been distorted by the murderous atmosphere.



 They have been following us discreetly at a distance, but now that we were alone, They were doing this. I'm glad they are cutting down the orcs and bats around us, though.



'Even so, Narumi-kun has great stamina for his level. I wonder what kind of training you have been doing."

"...... I have a little bit of confidence in my stamina."



 If I run for a long time carrying a lot of heavy luggage, it is obvious that I am not a normal person. It is a bitter excuse, but I wonder if there is any way to cover it up.



 At first, she kindly offered to carry me on her back, but I politely declined when the black-robed men behind me grew deadly. I wish Amama-san would be a little more aware of their doting.



 And there is yet another problem.



 It seems that  Kuga-san is following us from behind. Although I did not confirm his appearance properly, just a glimpse from the window of the Pig's Tail Pavilion, there is no doubt that  Kuga-san is missing as it is written on the bulletin board of the E class. The butlers did not seem to have noticed her yet, probably because they were following us using her stealth skills. She may be suspicious about the practice session we had the other day.



(I wonder what I should do. I hope I can scatter her somewhere...)



  It's been a very tiresome road trip.



 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...



 



 --The entrance plaza on the 10th floor.



 The floor and walls have been changed from rugged rock surfaces to artificial stone tiles, and the ceiling is glowing a light blue, giving a sense of openness as if we were outside. Even though it is so bright, it is already around 8:00 p.m., and there are several tents set up for overnight stays in the entrance plaza. I wonder if adventurers who use this place as a hunting ground don't lose their sense of time and turn day and night upside down. But still...



(I finally arrived at ...... it's been a long time)



 We were followed by Kuga-san from behind, and we were more tired than we had expected. Still, we made it to our destination safely, so that was a good thing.



 The goal point was a luxury ryokan, the Ebony Kokutantei. As the name suggests, it is a Japanese-style ryokan constructed of pitch-black lumber, and one can tell at a glance that it is a more luxurious inn than the one on the fourth floor. Near the entrance is a terrace reserved for guests, and the group that had arrived earlier was having a late dinner there.



  Sera-san, who was sitting in front of us and wearing a yukata, noticed us and greeted us with a beaming smile. I was very excited to see her in a yukata, which I had never seen before, even in a game. She is very beautiful.



"Thank you for your hard work, Amama-sama. I've made reservations for your stay, so please come this way.'

"Okay, I have to bid you goodbye Narumi. You will have to pay a little more for the return trip, but if you ask the guide to take you back, you will get home safely."

"Thank you for your help, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors."

"I'll do my best! See you at school!"



 Amama-san waved goodbye to us with a big wave of her hand. I had a short time with her, but thanks to her cheerful personality, I feel like I had a good time. I was able to talk with Sera-san up close and see her in her yukata, so I guess it was a great success. Before I left, I delivered the luggage I was carrying on my back to the seat where the B class was sitting, and my class competition was almost over.



"Hey, You're not abandoning your mission, are you?"

"Heh? Even if you call it a mission, it's still ......"



 The aristocrats glared at me with insouciance and said in a low voice as if they were threatening me. I mean, do you guys realize that my level is 3? If I really am level 3, it is so dangerous that even a snatch of the monster's attack ahead of me would be fatal.

"What? We will protect you on the road, so don't worry. Be at this place by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning."



 



 I don't mind carrying the luggage, but it's just too dangerous and strange for me, a level 3 player, to go that high up in the hierarchy. How am I going to explain this to the rest of the class?



(But, well, refusing a nobleman's request is also a problem.)



 (But how can I explain it to the classmates?If I go into business with the nobles, I don't know what kind of trouble will come my way, and worst of all, my classmates will be harmed. I may have to be patient here.)



 It is not a bad idea to see how Suo, Sera, and other important characters in the story will fight their way forward for the future. I can't convince myself with such excuses, so I'll go home and have an unfaithful sleep today.



 

 During the test period, the GPS in the dungeon is forced to be on, so if you go outside, you will be disqualified immediately. However, this rule is surprisingly lax and can be circumvented by putting the device in a coin locker with your luggage. So, the only other problem I had to deal with before I could go home was...



(What to do about Kuga-san who is following me?)


I don't look at each other, but turn my attention in the direction where she might be. However, when I turned my attention to her, I couldn't feel anything due to the fact that she was using her cloaking skill. It's a real nuisance. I hesitated to call out to her, but I knew that if I made contact with her, she might get involved and ask me questions, or she might use force. It would be better to think about way to  make  her leave my tail .



 It's not so easy to disperse an active agent who is more level-headed and better at tailing than I am, but there is a better way. Yes, ...... I can escape to the men's restroom. If I enter such a place, there is no way she can come after me.



 



 The restrooms here allow passage through to the other side, so the rest of the mission is as simple as going out that way. It's a piece of cake, I thought as I used a hand mirror to look behind me.



(What? She just walked into the men's restroom with her head held high!)

(TL: Imagine the gender reversed)

 She is wearing a deep hat and a loose-fitting sweatshirt-like outfit, so at first glance she looks like a boy, but that is definitely Kuga-san. The disguise is so obvious that it is obvious that she is a woman, and she is causing a sense of discomfort among the people around her. The guy next to me was looking at her twice.



He doesn't seem to have any detection skills, but even with her mask and robe on, it's only a matter of time before she gets caught in such a small place. Then let's get out of here right away and move on to the next means of transportation.



(The closest place from this area would be over there.)



 We are now heading to the troll room named "Garden of Fools," which was added by DLC. It is relatively close to the entrance plaza on the 10th floor, so we can easily get there by running from here.



 I sneakily looked behind me from the corner of the passageway and could see Kuga-san walking in the distance. She can't follow me to the additional area? - no. She's wandering around, but she's moving in the direction I'm in.



(That's using her detection skill. ...... "Detect"?)



 'Detect" is not the type of skill that marks the target and tracks it, but rather a detection skill that roughly reads the presence of people and monsters. Therefore, it could not be used in crowded places such as crowds. Even if we escaped to the DLC area, she would come after me. I had no choice but to use the last resort.



 I took out a pendant from my chest, gripped the jewel attached to it, and poured magic power into it. This pendant is a magic item for emergency escape that I received in a quest, and when activated, it has the effect of jumping to the gate room where I registered the magic power. At this point, I don't have enough of these items, so I can't use them on a daily basis, but I should use them if I want to avoid being caught by Kuga-san here and now.



(Though it is only a temporary measure even if I escape here.)

As I'm pondering what to do in the future, I'm surrounded by a pale light and a floating sensation comes--...



 



 *...*...*...*...



 



 -- 10th floor gate room.



 When I shifted, a man and woman in light armor wearing helmets were standing in front of me. When he noticed me, he raised the metal part covering his face and spoke to me.





 "Sota,? Have you finished your school exams?"

"Oh, we just came from shopping too."



 It was my father and mother. The fact that they were wearing armor suggested that they were not here to stock the store, but were on their way back from a hunting trip. I also see my sister in front of Obaba's store.



'Onii! Papa and mama both made it to level 13!"

" I can feel my belly has been getting smaller since I passed level 10, and my skin is starting to glow again."

"Your mom is getting more and more beautiful. Come to think of it, I don't have stiff shoulders anymore either."



 She had been playing "whack-a-mole" at the 15th floor execution site and was making good progress in raising her level. I am happy to see that the rejuvenating effects of physical strengthening have become apparent to the extent that one can actually feel it. In the game, there was a setting in which leveling up would bring the body closer to its peak, but since all the players were high school students, it was a meaningless dead setting. If our parents were to raise their level up to about level 50, I wonder how much younger they would get.



"I'm going to the execution site again tomorrow,  Will Sota come too?"

"No, I have to go to the inter-class competition tomorrow as well."

"Oh, no! I wanted to beat Bloody with everyone tomorrow."



 Your brother was asked to take care of some important work, and I got busy. Originally, I was going to finish the inter-class competition on the first day and spend time with my family leveling up. Well, I guess it's okay, since the three of them were able to run the tournament consistently even without me.


"Oh, I got a text from Satsuki. She said I can come the day after tomorrow. Yay!"

"You'll have to wear a mask and a robe when you go."



 She really wanted to participate in the class competition, and after sending many e-mails urging her to come, it seems she finally received a reply  from Satsuki saying she could come. I'll send Satsuki an e-mail asking her to control Hanano so she doesn't get too excited.

TL Note- Well the second day Looks to be a lot more interesting than the first, I am looking forward to it and I would also like to thank Doofenshmirtz and dreadeye38 for supporting our translation.



Comments

Popular Posts