Evil Avalon


Chapter 70-New manual in effect

(TL:By Rafael)



Designated Monster Squad, follow me.

Let's go, everybody! Ooooh!"



 As soon as homeroom is over and it is after school, Mashima-kun shouts, "Let's go to the dungeon," and gives the order to the class. Following him are the elite of the E class, who are diving in the dungeon with Mashima-kun. If you are always in a party, you will understand how to move and it will be easier to coordinate with each other. They are a group that is expected to perform well even against strong opponents.



"I wish I was in the same group with Mashima-kun."

"Do you have enough levels?Designated monsters seem to be the next hardest thing after designated points."

"I wonder if Tachiki-kun is the leader of the designated quests. "



 A girl sitting nearby spills out a complaint. Mashima-kun is very popular in the class because of his high level and leadership. This is also the reason why there is no end to the number of people who want to join the party he belongs to.



 What happened to the other popular party, Akagi's group? They are very responsible and smart, so they are the right people for the job. The classmates are gathered around the group leaders' seats.



 Tachiki is the designated quest. The designated point is Akagi's. The total amount of magic stones is Pink and Kaworu, and the members are meeting in a circle.



 By the way, Lisa was assigned to the designated quest and Satsuki to the total amount of magic stones. Looking at the lineup of participants in each category, it seems that the level and ability of the participants were well taken into consideration when assigning them. Although the event request forms were distributed in advance, this was just a front, and Tachiki-kun and others may have been deciding behind the scenes.



 Tachiki-kun was somewhat listless and absent-minded. When he was in a daze, he was pecked on the cheek by Lisa and was flustered. He usually does a lot of behind-the-scenes work, so a little slackness should be watched over with a warm eye.



 

 The after-school classroom is full of energy, with classmates actively proposing strategies and practice methods to each other. It seems that some of the groups are about to enter the dungeon with a lot of energy.



 At one time, they had hit rock bottom and were all gloomy-eyed, but now I sense a spirit of desperation in everyone, trying to get up and get going. Seeing them like that makes me want to cheer them on from the shadows.



 So.... As for me on the other hand...



 I had nothing in particular to do, nor was there any expectation for me to do so. I could go home like this and no one would notice me. In other words, I'm just as much a bum as before.



 I'll just have to wait and see. I have a lot of things to do today, so I'm busy. It's not that I'm lonely being single or anything. It's true.







 *...*...*...*...*...*...



  



 After leaving the school, we head straight for the Adventurers' Guild, and as we walk up the multi-lane escalator from the hall in the first floor lobby, we see the armor store where we bought our Demon Wolf equipment earlier.



 At the entrance of the store, a large man with a beard and moustache like a bandit was attracting customers with an ill-fitting smile. I thought to myself, "Why don't they hire a friendly part-timer to help them?



"Hello, I'm the guy you asked for protective gear."

" Oh, it's you, old man!We have a customer!"

"Don't make that loud voice! I can hear you!"



 The owner called out, "Oyaji," and out from the back of the store came a dour-looking, gray-haired old man in a overalls. It seems he is quite famous in the dungeon metalworking circles.



"Is it done?"

"This way. It's in the back."



 When we were led into a room at the back of the store, we found two pairs of "small hands" connected to many cables on a workbench. Both were shining brightly with a silvery white luster. The old man quickly removed the cables attached to them and handed one of them to me.



He handed me one of the cables and said,
 "It has consumed a lot of magic stones, and I'm  confident that I have done a good job. Put it on."



 What I had asked this old man for was a small handful of 100% pure mithril. I hunted a lot of undead and carried a mountain of mithril alloy to fulfill my quest. I had originally planned to make a high purity mithril alloy armor, but since I got more than I expected, I decided to make a pure mithril armor anyway.



 Although processing mithril requires a large amount of magical power, there are plenty of monster-level 16 magic stones available. I used them as if they were hot water and had them processed by pouring magic power into them from the magical tools. Incidentally, mithril's melting point is too high, so the method of melting and processing it cannot be used.

"Let's get to it."



 When I picked it up, it was just so light. It was as if I was holding a plastic toy. The lightness of the product, which is even said to float on water, was true.



 Next, I put it on my hand. The size can be adjusted freely, so there is no sense of pressure, and the fit feels good.



"It's nice. I think I can continue to use it even if I lose weight."

" It's been a while since I've handled pure mithril."



 Mithril ore can usually be mined after the 20th floor. However, there are few adventurers who can reach that level, and even if there are, they are all adventurers who belong to large clans with their own blacksmiths. He laments that there are fewer adventurers willing to leave the job to his humble old man.



So, I said I was going to do some coloring.

"These reflections stand out, can you help me?"

"I'll just have to paint the plating on the grimoire.I'll do another set and you can pick them up tomorrow."



 The luster of pure mithril reflects like a mirror and is easily recognized by anyone who sees it. If we were to buy this small hand, it would be so expensive that it would easily exceed 10 million yen, so it should be painted to avoid unnecessary trouble. I heard that there is a convenient magical tool that can change the surface treatment and metallic luster pattern, so I decided to ask for it. By the way, the other set is for my sister.



But to get this much mithril alloy, it's hard to believe that he's the same brother who was wearing the Demon Wolf armor until the last time I saw him.



 While I'm having a request form for plating and painting made, the bandit--like shopkeeper talks to me. It is said that boys are like that when they meet for three days, and boys of your age grow up fast. If they continue to play whack-a-mole, it won't be long before the entire Narumi family is covered in pure Mithril armor.



"I found a good hunting ground. If I get some more, please refine and process them for me."

"Oh. My dad will be happy to see you."


 It was good to get to know that old man, because the blacksmiths who fall under the category of game knowledge are skilled but in a troublesome position or have a maverick personality. He didn't pry too much into my affairs.



 Well. We've got some time left, so I'll do some experiments in the dungeon after this.



 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...



 



 First floor of the dungeon, entrance plaza.



 When I finally entered the dungeon after waiting in line for about 30 minutes, the crowds inside were still the same. Let's quickly walk around at random to get away from this crowd.



 What I want to do today is to experiment with the "new manual activation" that Lisa taught me. I had tried it several times in my room, but there is a limit to how much you can move your body in a small room. So I went to the first floor of the dungeon where there were no active monsters and I could move as much as I wanted. ......



 I walked around for a while, but every place of a certain size was already in use and was like a park on a holiday. Ordinary adventurers, who are not students of the Adventurers' School, are competing for space on the first floor of the dungeon, where they usually train in the open spaces.



 Even so, after a 10-minute walk, one can find at least one vacant space, about 30 meters square, with no one in it but a few slimes lying around. I'll use this place.



 I immediately activate 《Aura》. If I activate it automatically, the air will be emitted randomly from my body and dissipate around me, but if I activate it manually, I can make it emit in a directional manner. Behold, my original skill!



"Aura missile!"



 Normally, the effective range of "Aura" is about 20 meters, but if it is made directional, it can be sent twice as far. It is interesting to see how the slime jumps and runs away in a panic when hit by a slime in the distance.



"It's too much bullying for a slime! ...... haha. Let's get serious."



 Next, I try to emit 《Aura》 from the right arm only. Then the dense 《aura》 gathers only in the right arm, and it looks as if it is burning with blue flames. It was only yesterday that I was able to do this.



 I slowly place my hand on a nearby rock wall in this state. The moment I touched it, it cracked and I was able to push it in a few centimeters.



The amount of MP used is huge, but the power seems to be great.



 This is a skill called 《Magic Combat》, which is learned by the advanced level 【Aura Master】. It is not included in my skill set, and I am using the method of manipulating the flow of "aura" that Lisa taught me. I am glad that it does not occupy my precious skill slot.

If you hit it in this state, the attack will be enchanted with non-attribute magic, and at the same time, this blue-covered area can be used for guarding, as its defensive strength is greatly increased. It will be a great weapon in a fight against a strong enemy. Its weakness is that it consumes a lot of MP and it can only cover a part of the body, but you can use it for different purposes.



Then let's try "Hyde" next.



 Sitting in the center of the room, he closes his eyes and tries a different "aura" manipulation than before. Normally, even when a person or a monster is not using their Aura, some faint air is still leaking out, but "Hyde" has the effect of completely shutting it off and eliminating any sign of the person or monster. This skill is useful when hiding from monsters.



"It's a good skill to have when you are hiding from monsters. But I don't know the effects  if I'm doing it myself with no one else to observe."



 It should be completely closed, but alone I cannot discern if the skill is successful. While I was wondering what to do, about 10 men and women wearing protector equipment came from the other side. On their chests were badges indicating that they were students at an adventurer's school. I wondered which class they were in.



"Let's use this place. Mei."

"Yes  Takamura-sama. Everyone, this is our camp."


 The red-haired, tall, fresh and handsome man in the center of the group is  Takamura Masakado, the leader of Class C? He is the legitimate son of the leader of the "Jurakusetsu" clan. Incidentally, Jurakusetsu is famous as a martial strategy clan that does not hesitate to fight with the nobles, and appears frequently in the game's story.



 The girl next to Takamura is probably a member of the samurai clan. It seems that the C class uses this place as a training base.



 But I'm in trouble.



(Maybe she doesn't notice me doing the "hide"?)



 While I was surprised to find that the covert effect was more effective than I had expected, I was wondering whether I should release my skills here, when another group arrived. A conspicuous man was walking at the front of the group, so I knew exactly which group they were.



 He was wearing a gold badge, which represents high nobility, a badge of adventurer rank, and a medal on his adventurer's school uniform. He also has long, straight hair that reaches his waist and a neutral face. And yet, his expression is evilly distorted.



"Oh? Look who it is, the former "Chief Minister."

"...... Suo."



 Takamura, the leader of Class C, and Suo, the leader of Class B, glare at each other.



 

 --Yes, I know. Right in front of me.



 

(Somebody help me!!!)


TL Note- Worry not Souta, Evil fans are on their way...., Now jokes aside the donation and chapter sponsors are open but I won't be able to push out much Chapters until 9 April as I am having my exams and at last ,.........exams suck.


Comments

  1. I'm coming here from the manga and first of all, thank you for translating this series.

    I've been the reading the comments for a while now but does nobody find resemblance with "Classroom of the Elite" with this series? To me it's a perfect isekai/game version with all this school drama so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts