A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 23

Chapter 8-A new reason to be born in Erio.

(TL:By Rafael)



"Re-establishing the House of Leadin, ......"(Erio)





 





 Erio sat alone on a chair in the Royal Park at dusk and muttered to herself.

 

 This was the unexpected good news that Cleo had given me as soon as I returned from visiting Senna's grave. I was somewhat unnerved by the unexpected news.

 

 The duel was coming up tomorrow, but I was somewhat inattentive to her training.

 

 It is not that I am trying to cut corners, but even so, It is still somewhat lacking in strength.



 



 Perhaps I am suffering from burnout.

 

 I kept thinking it was my own fault. In the true sense of the word, that has been removed. Because of this, Erio now does not know what she should do next.





"What is it that I am going to do ...... from now on?"(Erio)





 





 It was not long after the death of his father, Cladio.

 

 It was something that just fell into place, so to say that it was inevitable might be an understatement. But if I don't do anything about it, I will be ruined. That's what she thought.

 

 That is why Erio came here to clear her head.



 



 The park was sinking into dusk.

 

 All the children of the aristocracy had already gone home.

 

 Therefore, a silence, far from the hustle and bustle, enveloped Erio now.





"Ah, here you are!"(Lina)

"What? Ah, Lina. How did you get here?"(Erio)





 





 It was Lina who approached her from behind.

 

 When she turned around, there she was, a beastly girl wearing sleeves with slightly more beautiful clothes than before. She was Senna's younger sister, and she was holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand, wondering where she had bought them.

 

 Then she happily came next to Erio and sat down on a chair.





'Why, no! I was just about to congratulate you!"(Lina)

"Eh, congratulations ......?"(Erio)

"Yes!"(Lina)





 





 With that, Lina offered her a bouquet of flowers.

 

 The next thing out of her mouth was--.





'Congratulations on the re-establishment of the Leadin family!"(Lina)

"Ah ......"(Erio)





 





 It was a heartfelt congratulations.

 

 Erio, who was half forced to accept the bouquet, was speechless.

 

 However, Lina, as if not caring about her situation, said cheerfully.





"I am so happy! Now I can finally feel that you are  free in the true sense of the word, unbound by anything!"(Lina)





 





 Erio's words were unintentionally satisfying.





"Ah, the reason why I am lost now is..."(Erio)





 





 --She said it was because she had suddenly gained freedom.



 



 Freedom means not being bound by anything.

 

 At the same time, it means being forced to think and act on one's own.

 

 Until now, Erio had been acting with some kind of purpose or mission in mind. Some were good, some were bad, but they usually showed her the way.



 



 That is why she is lost.

 

 Because the light under her feet suddenly went out.

 

 Or should I say, the signposts are gone?





" Elio-san......?"(Lina)

"Oh,Sorry, it's nothing."(Erio)





 





 As I was thinking this, Lina looked into my face.

 

 Erio couldn't help but chuckle at the curious expression on the girl's face. Let's at least try not to worry Lina. Thinking so, she took a breath.

 

 And then, she asked.





"By the way, what do you want  to do from now?"(Erio)


I was vague about what was to come.

 

 When Erio wanted to return to King's Landing, Lina followed her as a matter of course. The reason for this is still unknown to me. For the time being, I wanted to clarify it.

 

 Then the beast girl clenched her small fists in front of her chest and said, 





"Of course, I am a retainer of the Leadin family!"(Lina)

"What? ......!"(Erio)





 





 Unexpectedly, a bare voice came out of Erio's mouth.

 

 But Lina continued, unconcerned.





"I want to know more about what my sister was doing!" -(Lina)





 





 Hearing this, Erio was aghast.

 

 At the same time, she is convinced.





'No .......'(Erio)





 





 It wasn't over yet,

 

 I still had things to do.





"No?"(Lina)

" No, it's not."(Erio)





 





 To continue the days I dreamed of one day.

 

 And I swore to Senna. To protect Lina.

 

 Erio suddenly took out a hairpin and held it up to the setting sun. It is not expensive, but it is her irreplaceable treasure.

 

 And it was the same for Lina.





"......ummm"(Lina)





 





 The girl also took out a hairpin and held it up to Erio as she leaned in close.

 

 Both of them naturally squinted at the shine of the hairpin as it softly reflected the sunlight.





"I still have things to do. For that reason..."(Erio)





 





 Erio glanced at Lina and nodded.





 





 -To protect this love.





 





 "I will still fight."(Erio)

 

 That is the new reason she was born.





 





 "--I will continue to protect the new bond that my precious best friend has connected me to."(Erio)





 





 Erio felt a fire in her heart.

TL Note- Dreams and goals are important. Their existence motivates us and sometimes make life worth living.


Comments

Popular Posts