A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 21

Chapter 9-The last days of a man who had carried everything on his shoulders.

(TL:By Rafael)




I resented it anyway.

 

 The house of Clefus, and those born there.

 

 The Ledin family has always been like that. They have always been in the shadows, forced to do all the dirty work, and persecuted. The end result was their downfall and loss of dignity.


 They were driven to the frontier and spent their days in depression.



 When was the last time the family members despaired?

 
 They did nothing themselves, only grumbled and did nothing. No one helped me, just a puppet who, day after day, expressed vague misgivings.




 Where did it all start?


 It was probably inevitable to think about it.


 But I was left with only one outlet for my anger.





"He was born a Clefus, I was born a Ledin, that's the only difference."(Cladio)





 





 Yes, I am not at fault in any way.

 

 From the time I was born, everything had already been decided.

 

 Which side I was born on, that is all that determines everything.





Then let's destroy everything.





 





 Neither Clefus nor Ledin.

 

 If both families fell, there would be no difference.

 

 When was the last time I made such a decision? I went through the literature and found a way to make a contract with the demon tribe. And it took me many months to achieve it.





There is an evil spirit in your sword.





 





 When I was a student at the Magic Academy, he, who was a legitimate son of the Clephas family, said so.

 

 Who the hell are you to say that to me? I was angry.

 

 It was all your fault.





 





 That's why I--.

















"Well, are you ready? --Erio!"(Aruna)

"Oh, I'll take care of it. Aruna!"(Erio)





 





 They gather together as Cladio has stopped moving, calling out to each other. Then they dared to expose themselves before the monster's eyes.

 

 Cladio's eyes change color and he rushes toward them in a straight line.





"Break, break, break, break, break, break, break!"(Cladio)





 





 With a cracked voice, Cladio swung his weapon.

 

 Timing his swing, Aruna and Erio evaded in the same direction. Krim was right, those two were his targets.

 

 In other words, he doesn't care about me, or at least doesn't give me much priority.





"If that's the case, there are plenty of openings ......!"(Cleo)





 





 Cladio crashes into a wall.

 

 I aimed at his empty back.





"Wear the light--[Sacred Light]!"(Cleo)





 





 I swung as hard as I could, enchanting the sword with light!

 

 A blinding light gouged through the blackened skin.

 

 There was a feeling of flesh being severed, and then--.







"But ......!"(Cleo)







 







 --Bikkuri



 



 I could feel Cladio's body pulsing.

 

 The next thing that overflowed was something that could not be described as black blood, something that did not seem to belong to a human being. With a mighty swing of his sword, Cladio's body was cut clean in half.

 

 There were no organs, just a black sludge-like substance flowing out.

"Get away from him, Cleo!"(Aruna)

"Yeah ......!"(Cleo)







 







 Aruna's words made me huff.

 

 I immediately jumped backward. Then--.









"...... what?"(Cleo)









 









 Something was heard.

 

 It seemed to be the voice of a young man.







"I was frustrated"(Cladio)







 







 He said this and began to cry uncontrollably.



 



 He wondered what he should have done to make things right.

 

 How should I have behaved, how should I have appealed?



 



 It seemed to me that he was unable to say these words because of the enormous pressure he was under.

 

 That is why I couldn't help but think...







"You should have just said it all honestly."(Cleo)

"What  ......?"(Cladio)







 







 That's what I had said.

 

 I walked slowly toward the direction of the voice.

 

 On my back, Aruna and Erio's voices were calling out to me.







"I am sure you are not as ugly as you think you are. Everyone lives with a little bit of bitterness and jealousy. So, please..."(Cleo)







 







 I reached out my hand to the black sludge.

 

 I told the man who continued to cry.







"Please don't cry alone anymore."(Cleo)







 







 It was a strange time.

 

 I wondered if my words had really reached the man in tears.

 

 







"You didn't laugh at me, did you? So all people aren't  bad. I see. ......"(Cladio)







 







 And this time, his lips trembled as if he was moved to tears.







"Oh, oh ......! For my last time, I'm glad I met you. ......"(Cladio)







 







 So he said.

 

 The black sludge fades away as fog.



 



 The only thing left at the end is Cladio's body.

 

 Only his face, etched with deep wrinkles, had a somewhat relieved expression on it.

TL Note- Damn the onion ninja....they made me cry, the struggle of the mediocre and the struggle of the loser, the world is cruel yet so beautiful.


Comments

  1. Kind of reminds me how Dracula's death was portrayed in the original novel by Bram Stoker, and his character in general. In league with dark forces, acts like a complete monster, but in the end at his death, a relieved expression appears on his face. He also got killed in a way that no adaptation got right so far, he got stabbed in the heart with a knife and beheaded with another knife. Turns out anything impaling the heart in conjunction with beheading is enough to do the trick in the actual novel. Sorry to ramble, but i am now kind of going over in my head just how many things most or all adaptations do wrong. While there are a few that did it right, there is one detail most adaptations get wrong in particular: sunlight does not kill vampires in the original novel, they are merely far weaker in the daytime. There are scenes where the undead count wanders in the daylight.

    Again, i am rambling, this chapter just strangely reminded me of the novel Dracula.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts