I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 20-: Clock and Bath
(TL By GUST)


After a graceful time in a gorgeous carriage, we arrived at the Duke of Townsend.


 The first thing that surprised me was the size of the site.  


 It takes a few minutes by carriage from the gate to the mansion. Along the way, I could see a lot of buildings and beautiful gardens.


 And I am surprised at the mansion. I could only glimpse it from the window, but it was a very large building, about three stories high, and it was a large building next to it.


"Leon, follow me."

"Yes! I see."


 I suddenly became nervous and sweated strangely.


 The carriage door opened from the outside, and Frederick went out first, so I got off the carriage after that.


"Welcome back, Frederick"


"I'm Alban. Leon, Butler Alban."


"I'm Alban. Thank you."


"Nice to meet you, my name is Leon. Thank you for your cooperation."


 When I greeted him, Mr Alban looked a little surprised and bowed his head.


 People in this world usually bow and bow. It's good because it's easy for me as a Japanese person, but why do I have so much in common with Japan ...? I wonder if it has something to do with my coming to this world ...


"Leon, you're invited as a guest, so feel free to tell this Alban or another servant if anything happens."

"Yes, thank you"

"Then, let the maid guide you to your room."

"Oh, thank you. Leon at dinner again."

"Yes, at dinner again"


 I managed to say hello, but Frederick is going! ?? I'm just worried about being alone here! ??


"Leon, I'm Anne, the maid. I'll show you to your room."

"I'm Leon. Thank you."


  I bowed down and greeted him. Anne is probably in her forties and has a gentle atmosphere that suits the word aunt.


"Well, please raise your head. Leon is a customer, so you don't have to bow to your servant."

"But I'm a commoner ..."

"Still, you're still a guest. Then the room is here."


 I walked to the guest room about Anne, but I was surprised until I got to the guest room.

 First of all, the entrance was very large and there was a large chandelier on the ceiling. Light bulbs are used for each one, and it will be extremely difficult to turn off and turn on the lights. There may be a mechanism for the chandelier to go down to the bottom, but even so, the number of photospheres is large and it seems to be difficult.

 Then I went through the entrance and went up the stairs, but all the floors were carpeted and it was fluffy and easy to walk.

 The corridor on the second floor was gorgeous with flowers in vases and pictures.


 Even in Japan, I walked through a house that I had only seen in the story and arrived at my room.


"Leon, this is it."

"Thank you"


 Anne opened the door and waited for me, so I stepped into the room.

 There is a low table and a sofa in the space beyond the room, and the left side of the room is blindfolded between them so that it cannot be seen.

 When I looked into that side, I found a bed, a small table, and two doors.


"Mr Leon, are you sure you want to check your future plans?"

"Yes!"


 I hurriedly returned to Anne, who was near the entrance.


"Please sit on the sofa"

"Thank you. Does Anne not sit down?"

"I'm a servant, so I can't sit on the sofa in your room."

"That's right, I understand."


 After all, the aristocratic servant seems to be difficult ...


"Then, I'm planning to do it, but it's about two hours until the dinner party, so I'd like you to finish the bath, arrange your hair, and change your clothes during that time."


Wait a minute ... why do you know two hours? Maybe this world has a clock! ??


"Can I ask one question before the schedule? Maybe there is a clock?"

"Is it a clock? Yes. There are clocks in every room in this mansion. Also, servants always carry a small clock with them."


 seriously! ?? I was wondering if there was a clock in this world. Being here, not in my house, means that the clock is also expensive.

 Wait, you know how many hours a day is! ??


"Which is the clock in this room?"

"Here it is"


 Anne brought me a table clock that was on a small table near the bed.

 It's exactly like the clock on the earth ... There are numbers from 1 to 12 and a short hand, a long hand, and a second hand.

 Here too, it has something in common with Japan ... Maybe it's twenty-four hours a day?


"Is it 16:05 now?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Twenty-four hours a day, right?"

"That's right ... what is it?"

"No, the watch was rare, so I just checked it. I'm sorry to distract you."

This world has too much in common with Japan. I feel that there is something artificial ...

 Well, I'm glad that the clock existed anyway. I want to buy it as soon as possible.


"Then, would you like to take a bath immediately?"

"Where do you go to bathe?"

"The door on the left side there is a bath. The door on the right side is a restroom."

"Bath !? Do you have a bath !?"

"Yes, there is."

"Can I enter !?"

"I'm in trouble if I don't come in. I'm preparing for a dinner party."


Hooray! !! !! !! Finally take a bath! This is the first bath in another world!


"That's right, I'm sorry. I'll come in."

"Yes, I will help you."


 Help ...? Do you mean that you will wash it?


"No, I can put it in by myself!"

"But there are ways to use the bath, and I can't help but help."


 Uh ... I don't know how to use the bath in this world ...


"Then, thank you."

"Yes, I will help you."


 At the place where Anne opened the door and entered, there were chaise lounges and tables in a place like a dressing room.

 The tip of the door behind it is like a bath. Take off your clothes and take a bath.

 Anne wears something like a thick apron and rolls her arms so that her maid clothes don't get wet.


 Wow, it's been a long time since I took a bath! There was a bathtub large enough for about five people to stretch out, and stones were laid around it.

 There is plenty of hot water in the bathtub, and it is cloudy with steam.


"Mr Anne, how do you make hot water?"

"The bathtub is filled with tap water, and those who can use fire magic use magic to raise the temperature to the appropriate temperature."

"That's right, thank you."


 Are you doing it magically? But in order to heat this hot water, it is necessary to have at least three magical powers of fire attribute, so do you mean that you are hiring a servant exclusively for the bath? 

 I thought that I could make hot water because I could make water on the verge of freezing with water magic, but it didn't rise above room temperature. I think it's probably not good to warm up with the magical power of water attribute ... I don't really understand the magical power.


"Is there a servant dedicated to the bath?"

"That's not the case. The servants hired by the aristocrats, especially the subordinates, preferentially hire those with fire magic level 3 or higher, because fire magic cannot be used as a magic tool."


 Do you hire them preferentially ... Aristocrats like baths.

 I can make hot water immediately with water magic and fire magic, but I don't have a bathtub ... I don't have a place to install such a thing ... I think the bathtub is really expensive in the first place ...

 I can't take a bath at home. In the first place, the whole family seems to say that they don't need such an obstacle ...

 When I was thinking about that, Anne brought me a chair.


"Leon, please sit here."


 There is a chair that is sized to fit the dining table, and it seems to sit there.

 When I sat down, Anne drew hot water from the bathtub in a tub and slowly hung it on my body and head.


 It feels really good ~. I don't have a shower, so I have to pour hot water in a tub.

 This would be difficult without someone to help ...


"Mr Anne, do all the aristocrats take a bath with the help of the maid?"

"Everyone takes a bath with help, but from around the age of eight, men are helping servants and women are helping maids. All children are helped by maids."

"I'm eight years old ..."

"I know, but I didn't have a vacant servant, and I'm only eight years old, so I've added it. Did you prefer the servant?"

"No, it's okay"


 I thought he was a pretty old maid, but I think he also has this kind of help.


"Then I'll wash my hair with soap. Please close your eyes."

"Yes"


 It feels good ~. It looks like your hair is being washed at the hairdressing shop ... Don't get sleepy ...


"How is it?"

"It feels good"

"That was good, so let's get rid of it."


  Whew, it felt good ...


"Can you wash your body yourself?"

"Yes, I'll do it myself."

"Then I'm waiting outside, so please take your time."


 I wet the cloth, put soap on it, and scrubbed it all over my body. I do purification once in a while, but it's good to actually wash it.

 After washing it thoroughly, I drew water into a tub, washed it clean, and soaked it in a bathtub.


"Ah, it's too chewy."


It's been a long time since I took a bath. Soaking in a large amount of hot water is still good ... the aristocrats are the best ...

 I thoroughly enjoyed the bath and returned to the dressing room.

 Then Anne prepared towels and water, so I wiped my body, drank water, put on something like a bathrobe that I had left, and got out of the bath.


"Did you relax?"

"Yes, it was very pleasant."

"That was good. Is it okay to change clothes and set my hair?"

"That's fine, but ... I don't have any other clothes?"

"Frederick has prepared clothes for Leon to attend the dinner party, so please change your clothes there."


 They even prepared clothes! ?? I got scared because I got too much ... I don't think I'm a talented person to meet such expectations ...


 Please change your clothes here.

 The clothes that were handed over to me were colourful, used a lot of cloth, and seemed to be very expensive to the touch.

 I can't ask how much these clothes are ...


 When I put it on, it's very comfortable to wear and fits my body very well. I don't tell you about my size, or even though I don't know my size, it fits the size ... I won't think too much about it anymore.


"It suits you very well. Then sit in this chair."

"Yes, thank you"


 It was a dressing table with a mirror on the wall.

 I saw my face firmly for the first time. I've seen the face reflected on the surface of the water many times, but I've never seen it so clearly.

 After all, it's a beautiful blonde with amber eyes ... I have a nice face and I can't believe this is me. As a Japanese, I had a normal face that seemed to be anywhere, good or bad, so the gap was great ...


"Then, I'll prepare my hair a little with wax."

"Yes, thank you."


 Anne arranged her hairstyle by splitting her bangs into a slightly raised shape.


"It's over. It's about time, so I'll send it to the cafeteria."

"thank you"


 I was a little nervous about the dukes I'm about to meet, but I got up with courage.





Comments

Popular Posts