I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.




Volume 2
Chapter 8-: Get your friends and eggs!
(TL By GUST)





The story goes back a bit.


"Really that Forest Wolf-No, Evol Wolf, that was his child's companion."


 Two days after I cured Koritoko's illness with a silver bullet made from my craft.

 With Koritoko, who managed to walk on his own feet, we came to the cage where the monsters were trapped.

 Only Agni, who could be insane, is an answering machine at the lord's house.


"Falsi! Falsi"

"Bow Wow, Bow Wow"


 When Koritoko approached the cage containing the Evolwolf, which seems to be named Falsi, and called the name repeatedly, the monster that looked so ferocious shook its tail and jumped with a sweet cry.

 Its appearance looks more like an ordinary large dog than a monster, and the appearance of waving its tail while happily sticking out its tongue does not make us feel any wildness.


"I'm sorry for that"

"Kuuun"


 Looking at the mysterious scenery, I remembered what I talked with Koritoko yesterday.


 According to the story, Evolwolf's Falsi is like a brother he has spent with him since he was a child.

 In fact, Koritoko seems to have a younger sister, but apart from that, Falsi seems to have thought that he was an important younger brother for Koritoko.


I thought it was older than Koritoko because of its size, but it seems that Falsi is still a young individual of 10 years old, and Koritoko's father picked up the place where he was injured in the forest and was abandoned by his parents. He grew up with him to become his companion.


"That dad is amazing. You can talk to any monster or animal and make friends."


 When we heard that story, what came to our mind was a "gift."

 Perhaps his father has a gift of [Tamer Skill].


 So I decided to ask Koritoko one more thing.


"Is there anyone in the village who can talk to monsters in the same way other than your father?"


 We thought the answer was "not".

 But the answer Koritoko gave was surprising.


"I think it's just my sister over there except my dad, but I can only talk a little over there."


 It means that Koritoko and her sister have inherited the same gift as his father's gift.

 In the case of humans, there is almost no precedent for a child to inherit a parent's gift, and even if there is, a similar gift was given.

 However, it is highly possible that Koritoko and his friends have inherited the power of their father.


"Nevertheless, when I was ten years old, I could only understand Falsi's words. And a few other monster words."


 I knew the age of Koritoko for the first time at this time, but it seems that it hasn't been so long since I was ten years old.

 It's painful to think that such a child was kicked out of the village alone.

 Moreover, it is sad that there is a clause that he himself is convinced that it is a matter of course.


"When I left the village, my dad told me to take Falsi with me. I was going to think that Falsi shouldn't get sick."


 It seems that Falsi himself did not leave Koritoko until the end.

 So he straddled Falsi's back and left the village to aim as far as possible.

 However, his illness progressed and he ate up all the food he brought, and finally he could hardly move.


"I just found that coca bird's nest when I thought I was going to die because I had no food to eat."


 It seems that the parent and child of the Coca bird have returned when they tried to reach for the eggs laid in the nest with the last force.


"It seems that I went to catch food with my child who was born earlier ..."

"That's why the attacking Coca bird and Falsi have to fight."

"Yeah. Falsi got hurt trying to protect that ..."


 After all, it turned out that both Falsi and the Coca bird were fighting to protect their precious things.

 After hearing the story, I fed the monsters in the cage and watched them, but they ate hay and hay deliciously, respectively, without any particular rampage.

 I decided that there was no danger as far as I could see it, so I brought Koritoko in this way today.


"But I'm glad I just captured the monsters without killing them."


 Kieda tells him while looking at Koritoko stroking Falsi's head.

 It is true that my decision to capture the monsters instead of exterminating them at that time was correct as a result.

 With my craft, it was actually possible to defeat the monsters at that time.

 But for some reason I suddenly thought I didn't want to kill them.


"That's right. If I had killed Falsi in a hurry at that time, I didn't have a face to match Koritoko by this time."


  Koritoko and Falsi.

 We were staring at the reunion of the two who grew up like brothers, but it was interrupted by the voice of a girl from behind.


"Rest, Rest"

"What's the fail. It's a good place right now, so be quiet."

"But, look over there."


 I ignored it several times, but I had no choice but to look back and ask the fail, which pierced my back persistently.


"Oh, I'm persistent. Where are you?"

"It's in the cage of that coca bird's parent."


 Fail was pointing at a distance from the cage where the parents of the Coca bird were captured.

 Just in a place that wasn't visible in the shadow of a parent bird from our position.


"Hmm? Where?"

"It's over there. Please come here."


 Pulled by the fail and moved a little, I knew what she wanted to show me.

 It's a big big egg that looks like my head, and the parent bird that seems to have laid it isn't interested in the egg at all, but when I see it thrown out of the cage ... ..


"Is it an unfertilized egg?"

"Maybe. I hear that cockatrice treats fertilized eggs with care and throws unfertilized eggs out of the nest."


 If so, this is good news.

 It wasn't until I came here that I happened to get the possibility of getting something other than the preserved food I brought.


"I'll get that egg."

"I think it's okay, but be careful."


  After saying that, I saw off the fail that jumped out toward the egg, and I began to draw in my head the possibility of [fresh ingredients] that I got for the first time in this territory and the plan to increase production. was.


TL Note-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.



Comments

  1. Thanks for trying to get this back on track. I was just about to apologize for having to drop this as it was simply getting too hard to read. Seems like a light and fun story so far, so was kinda bummed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts