A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 11

Chapter 2- thoughts on Aruna.

(TL:By Rafael)


"Haa------!!!"(Erio)



 



 Erio-san swung her sword.

 

 It was a flash of sophistication that seemed to be the most accurate way to describe it. The demons near the deepest part of the dungeon were helpless before her swordsmanship.

 

 The demons whose flesh was torn apart let out a scream of despair.

 

 When I saw that it had returned to the magical element, I took a breath.



"Good work, Erio-san"(Cleo)

"Oh, You too  Cleo, good work"(Erio)



 



 When I called out to her, Erio smiled as she wiped away her sweat.

 

 The neutral yet well-rounded face of Erio-san has a dazzling expression on it. The thoughtfulness of when I first met her had faded, and her pure personality seemed to have emerged.

 

 I was honestly happy to see a glimpse of that.



"But then again, Erio-san's swordsmanship really is great."(Cleo)



 



 So I just said what I was thinking.

 

  She was puzzled for a moment and then scratched her cheek as if embarrassed.



"Great, huh? I appreciate it, but I'm still not--"(Erio)



 



 And then, with a hint of self-mockery, she said.

 

 I knew who it was that had popped into Erio-san's head.



"............"(Cleo)



 



 It is Aruna, who is known as the best swordsman in the world.

 

 He and I were in the same grade, but I had never been able to beat him at sword fighting. He had an unpredictable but precise sword stroke. The artistry, or perhaps I should say the innate quality of it, was something that fascinated, attracted, and captivated those who saw it.

 

 I don't think that talent is everything.

 

 But Aruna as  a swordsman was overwhelmingly talented.



"Hey, Erio?"(Cleo)



 



 And Erio-san was one of those who saw the sword.

 

 Her heart had been shattered once before his power, and she had experienced walking in the dark.

 

 That's why I want to know what's in her heart right now. That's what I thought.



"How do you feel about Aruna now?"(Cleo)



 



 This is the first time I've asked her this question.

 

Maybe it was the first time I had ever brought it up.



"...... Aruna, huh?"(Erio)



 



 Erio looked bemused, then put her hand on her chin and thought about it.

 

 After a few seconds of thought, she said.





"I've stopped comparing. I'm just me, you know."(Erio)

(TL: Good mentality to live with)



 





 There was a little hesitation there.

 

 I felt that there was something a little bit reserved, almost like hesitation.

 

 But at least she doesn't have the same distorted feelings about swordplay as before. That much was clear from her words.

 

 I felt relieved and naturally smiled.



 



 I'm glad.

 

 The first time I met Erio, she looked as if she was about to be crushed by something, as if she were trapped.



"Then, let's go home!"(Erio)



 



 That was the best part of the day for me.

 

 I nodded my head and announced that I would.







 







 Erio-san's path of the sword.

 

 I'm sure it will grow straight again from here.







 







 At that time, I didn't doubt it.

 

 Yes, until that person came to the royal capital, .......

TL Note- And it began...so schedule will be a little tight and some Chapter might not be released as schedule due irl problems ..but don't worry things will return to normal in December. 


Comments

  1. I've been wondering for a while, but how exactly is Cleo "unknowingly" unmatched ? I'm probably missing something or I'm just used to reading other power fantasies where the curb stomping (or steam rolling) is much more apparent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts