A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 9

Chapter 3-The root of magic.

(TL:By Rafael)

Facing Kaon as he stood up, I took a moment to catch his breath.

 

 He looked around at the people of the assassination squad who had fallen around me and said somewhat admiringly.



"Oh, ......?It seems that you can afford to mess with my assassination squad. All of them have wounds, but they are not fatal."(Kaon)

"These people are innocent. The only one who should be judged is you, Kaon."(Cleo)

"Fufufu...Yes, I suppose so. But--"(Kaon)



 



 Kaon walks up to me, showing unbearable bloodlust, and pulls out his rapier at his waist. With a suspicious smile on his face, he continued.

 

 I put my fingers on the thin sword in my hand, letting the magic flow into it..



"Can a disowned trash who is always second in everything really kill me?"(Kaon)


(TL: Ouch, that hits where it hurts)
 



 Kaon dismissed his sword as he spoke.

 

 Immediately afterwards, I felt an overwhelming presence of evil. The magical power unique to witchcraft drifted towards me. It flowed in a crawling manner, as if it was trying to pick up my legs. I was convinced that Kaon's spell was unparalleled in its power.



"Let me tell you something about how witchcraft works: ......!"(Kaon)

"Ku......?"(Cleo)



 



 I immediately use a body strengthening spell.

 

 At about the same time, Kaon swung his rapier like a staff. Then, a black ripple that seemed to split the space came at me with tremendous speed.

 

 I jumped sideways to avoid it.

 

 The ripples, which had missed their target, vanished like mist. That's what I thought.



"It's sweet, isn't it?--You're already under my control."(Kaon)



 



 But after Kaon said that.

 

 The same ripples that appeared earlier appeared behind me. The next time I tried to avoid it, it was too late. 


"CHIII"(Sound effects)


"Damn it, ......!"(Cleo)





 





 The ripples snatched my right arm slightly.

 

 It fizzled out again, but I noticed something strange about my body.



"What the hell is this ......?"(Cleo)



 



 My vision is distorted.

 

 I rubbed my eyes and couldn't make it out.

 

 I instantly thought it was poison, but as the antidote magic didn't work then I'm sure this wasn't the kind of thing that would harm the body.

 

 If it was not harmful, then how would it affect a person?

 

 I thought about it for a while and eventually came up with an answer.



"...... is this mental pollution?"(Cleo)

"Yup. Exactly ......."(Kaon)



 



 I was in the middle of a mental lull that covered my entire body.

 

 Kaon chuckled.



"Witchcraft is a corrupting force. And the root of it is--"(Kaon)





 





 And continued





"It's the negative emotions of hatred and inferiority."(Kaon)


(TL: Kaon op)


 





 He was a spellcaster of a level I had never encountered before.

 

 His eyes had a duller light in them than anyone else's.

TL Note- What will happen next you will find it on 12 but you can still guess down the possibility in the comments and evil Avalon raws are out and you can sponsor chapters for fast releases.




Comments

Popular Posts