I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 11-: Magic power measurement
( TL By GUST )

The next morning I was so excited because I was so happy to go to church.


"You're smiling all the time, big brother!

"Marie, we're going to church today. Marie, we're going to church today and you're going to be able to use magic!

"Oh my God! Big brother, I heard that many times yesterday!


 


 I couldn't contain my happiness and told Marie over and over again, and she was half-amused.

 

 But I couldn't control my happiness, so I ate my breakfast and kept on fretting.

 

 I couldn't concentrate on the laundry and cleaning, which I usually do, so I just did the cleaning and decided to go to Marcel's place to let him know that I could go to the city centre tomorrow.


"Well, I'm off to let her know about tomorrow!

"Have a good day!

"Yes!"


 


 I replied as I ran out of the house and ran to Marcel's house. I didn't have much time left before lunch.


"Hello, Marcel!


 


 I called out to Marcel when I arrived at his house. I waited for a while and soon he came out of the back door.


"Leon, what are you doing here at this hour?

"I just wanted to let you know that I'll be in the city centre tomorrow.

"That's very early. We'll meet at my house tomorrow, okay?  It's only a short ride from my house.

"Yes, sir!  No problem!

"I'll be ready.

"Thank you very much.  I'll see you tomorrow!


 


 We talked until that point, then I left Marcel's house and ran home again. Looking at the position of the sun, it was almost time for the noon bell to ring.


"I'm home!"


 


 Almost as soon as I opened the door and said that, the noon bell rang.


"Leon, leave the door open.


 


 Mom told me from the kitchen, so I fixed the door and waited for the customers in the kitchen.

 

 The customers soon arrived, so I started to help with the lunch business.




 




 Lunch was over, and now we were all eating lunch together.


"Do you want to go with me, Marie?  I don't mind if you go and play with Nicolas and Luke.

"I'll go with you!

"All right, then, the four of us will go.


 


 Marie and her father were having this conversation. They were going to church today.

 

 The church is about a twenty-minute walk away, so they can walk there.


"Mom, how do you measure magic power?

"First, you measure the amount of magic power. There is a metal plate that displays the amount of magic power when magic power flows through it, and you can measure it with that. It displays a number from one to five, with five being the highest amount of magic power. Once you know the amount of magic power you have, you can find your magic attribute by using the basic magic of all the attributes in order, and the one you can use is your attribute.


 


 So you can measure the amount of magic power using a device, but you can't tell the attribute from that? It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're doing.


"You and your father are fire, aren't you?  Did you learn to use them easily?

"Yes, I tried to use the other attributes, but I couldn't do it at all, but I could use the fire attribute right away. I wonder what attributes Leon has.


 


 So you can use your own attribute right away. I'm not sure what genus I belong to,............, but I'd prefer the healing attribute if possible. It's a great way to heal your own injuries.


"I'd prefer to use the healing attribute.  What are the most common attributes?

"The healing attribute is convenient, you don't have to go to the church to pay for it. It's convenient, you don't have to go to the church to pay for it, but there is a bias towards the fire attribute, and the recovery attribute is the least common.

"I see. ...... So I guess I can't have the healing attribute.

"It's possible, because there aren't that many.


 


 There is no extreme bias in attributes, but there are a lot of them. ............ I'm really curious about my attributes. ...... Well, you can find out if you go to church. I'm sure you'll understand.




 




 Then we finished eating lunch and got ready to go out, and we all walked to the church.

 

 The church was a kind of chapel with a tower in the middle, and smaller buildings on either side, connected by a corridor.

 

 The whole building was small, but beautiful.


"Mom, what are the buildings on either side?

"It's an orphanage and a healing centre. They are always attached to the church.


 


 Churches also serve as orphanages and hospitals. ...... That's amazing. I wonder what the faith is like in this world?


"Mom, do people come to church to pray fervently?

"Well, some people do, but only a few. There are a lot of churches, but I think more people think of them as places to measure magic or heal rather than places to pray.

"I see.


 


 It doesn't seem like religion is strong in this world. As an ex-Japanese, I'm glad that strong religion is a pain in the ass.


 


 While having this conversation, we stepped into the church. Inside the church, there was what looked like a statue of God in the back, with a couch lined up in front of it facing the statue.


"Hello. Are you praying today?"


 


 A woman in a monastic uniform spoke to us as we entered. Dad answered.


"I'm here to have Leon's magic measured, can you do it now?

"Yes, there are no other people here today, so there is no need to wait.

"That's good. Take care of Leon for me, will you?

"Yes, sir. Leon, come with me, please.


 


 The nun pointed to one of the doors on the side of the chapel.


"Am I going to be alone?


 


 I said, feeling a little uneasy about being alone in the church, but it seems that the magic measurement is to be done alone.


"Well, good luck, Leon. Dad and I will be waiting for you in this chair.

"Leon, be strong.

"Good luck, big brother!


 


 With these words, I went through the door and into the room.


 


 There was a table in the middle of the room with a metal plate on top of it. There were two chairs opposite each other.


"Take the chair in front of you, okay?

"Okay."


 


 I was a little nervous, but I did as I was told and sat down on the chair in front of me.


I sat down on the chair in front of me. "Now, let's start measuring your magical power. First, I will measure the amount of magic power, so please place your hand on this metal plate. When you put your hand on it, it will automatically draw out magic power, so remember that feeling, it's the same feeling you get when you use magic.

"Okay."


 


 I replied and nervously placed my hand on the metal plate.

 

 As I did so, I felt something being pulled out of my body. This is the magic power. ...... I never noticed any magic power before.

 

 Maybe once you notice magic power with this device, you'll be able to use magic.

 

 I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure it's a good idea.


"It's time to take your hands off.

"Yes, sir.

"Now we know how much magic you have. Your magic power is ......5. That's great, you have the highest amount of magic. You can take the soldier's test.

"You can take the soldier's exam at ......?

"In order to become a knight, you have to graduate from the Royal School, so most knights are noblemen, but soldiers can become soldiers with a simple exam if they have four or five magic power. It's a popular job because it pays well.

"I see!  I'm glad to hear that!


 


 I resisted the urge to use honorifics and tried my best to look childish in my conversation.

 

 But I didn't know about soldiers. ...... It's nice that the pay is high, but I'm aiming for the Royal School, so I won't be a soldier.


"'So now let's find out what your attributes are. Do you know how many different magical attributes there are?"

"Yes!  There are six: fire, water, wind, earth, physical enhancement and recovery!

"That's right, try to use the simplest magic of each attribute, and the one you can use is your attribute. There is only one attribute per person, so if you find one you can use, that will be your attribute. Which one would you like to try first?"

"I want recovery!"

"All right, the easiest of the healing attributes is the Light magic. All right, the easiest one is the Light spell. Put your index finger in front of you and imagine that the tip of it is glowing. The most important thing in magic is the image. The most important part of the magic is the image; if you put magic power on the image, the magic will work. Once you get used to it, you can use it without chanting. Try it."

"Yes! "Light."


 

 I imagined my fingertips glowing and chanted "light" with the magic I had just used. Then my fingertip lit up just as I had imagined it would.

 

 It was amazing! I can use it! I knew magic was cool.


"It's done!

"It's a good thing you're a healer. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to use magic in no time with practice. Anyway, it's all about imagery, so practice. The other healing spells are Heal and Purification, Heal is for healing wounds and Purification is for cleaning dirt.


 


 Heal is for healing wounds and Purification is for cleaning dirt.


"I'm going to practice now!

"You have five magical powers, so you might be able to heal broken bones. Practice hard.

"Yes!  Can't you heal diseases?

"Recovery magic can't cure illness. Only injuries.

"I see.


 


 Are you sure it can't cure diseases? To summarize what I've heard so far, magic is determined by the image and amount of magic power within the range of its attributes.

 

 If it's a restorative attribute, it can cure illnesses. ...... I'd like to try it sometime. I'll be back when I get home.


"It's a good idea to practice your magic when you get home. You can also work in the healing centre because you have a large amount of magic power with the recovery attribute. If you're interested, you're welcome to come."


 


 The nun is looking at you with a smile on her face, as if she were looking at her prey. ...... Ugh ......, you might want to run away as soon as possible. ............

 

 I'm going to be working at a healing centre if this continues.


"I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure it's a good idea.


 


 I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do this, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it.

 

 Hmm, I'll try not to come to church too often.......

 

 When I returned to the chapel, everyone was waiting for me.


"Leon, are you finished?

"Yes! I had five magic power and a recovery attribute!

"You had five magic power? That's great. That's great. If you're a healer, Leon can heal you if you get hurt.

"Yeah, I'll ask Leon if I get hurt.

"You're a healer? You're a healer, then you'll be fine even if you get hurt!

"Marie, you mustn't get hurt at all.

"Yes, sir.


 


 My father and mother smiled gently as they listened to my conversation with Marie.

 

 I was really glad that I had this attribute to be able to heal everyone in my family.


"So, let's go home.

"Well, let's make tonight's dinner a special occasion.

"A sumptuous meal! Yay!

"Thanks, Mom!


 


 We left the church, talking like this, and started walking towards home.

 

 I renewed my determination to be able to use my magic to protect this kind family.


Comments

Popular Posts