Evil Avalon



Chapter 59-Midnight secret meeting ①

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-6}

(Sponsor-Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

I had just returned from a meaningful dungeon dive, finished my dinner and bath, and was lazing around in a slumber thinking about the future when I got a call on my terminal. It was from Lisa.



 



 It was the first time I'd been able to get the numbers of two girls in one fell swoop. Well, I'm proud for having such a good sister. Good job.



 



 This was the first time I had a non-family member's name added to my lonely phone book, but I didn't want to stay in a state of deep emotion, so I picked up the phone right away. I wondered what she wanted.


 "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry ~ even though  it's late at night. Is it okay to talk~? "

"I was awake. I was just lounging around, no problem."



 



 It was past ten o'clock in the night. Nevertheless, I can hear the sound of a car driving on the other end of the phone. It seems that the caller is walking somewhere.


"I was thinking about it a lot, and it got me curious. You've never discussed how this world works or how it relates to Dun-Ex with anyone~, have you?"

"...... Yes, that's right. I've noticed a lot of things since I've been here, but I've always wanted to cross-reference my observations with someone."



 



 Lisa speaks slowly and sluggishly, so at first glance she seems like a calm, natural girl, but she is also one of the best Dun-Ex players with a keen eye for her surroundings. There may be something she found that I hadn't noticed.



"I thought it would be nice to talk like this since we exchanged phone numbers."

"Oh. Should I go there since we're talking about the same thing?



 



 I don't think we're already being monitored by someone, but it's not something to talk about on the phone.


"Yeah, that's right...... let's meet at the park behind the school."

"Okay. I'll get ready and be right there."



 



 I hung up the phone and slowly got up.



(The park behind the school? That place at this time of the day is .......)



 



 The mountain behind the school is a scenic park, famous as a date spot where you can see the adventurer's school and the surrounding city at night. It's just the two of us in such a place, alone with a cute girl, though she's a bit of a jerk. I'm starting to get a little nervous.



 



 I get strangely excited and hurry to change my clothes. If I'm going to meet Lisa, I might as well bring some clothes just in case.



 



 As I walked down the creaking stairs to the front door, I saw my mom in her pajamas, putting on a face pack.



"Oh, are you going out?"

"I'll go out for a  minute. I'll bring the keys."



 



 She waved her hand in the air and said, "Be careful," before going to the refrigerator. Today, our house is peaceful.



 



 Well. It's late and I don't want to keep Lisa waiting too long. Let's go for a quick walk.





 





 *...*...*...*...*...*



 

 



 

 The mountain was originally almost 200 meters high, but due to the appearance of a dungeon at the foot of the mountain, it was reduced to about 80 meters and became smaller. Even so, the summit has a good view, an observatory, and a restaurant, and is loved by families during the day and couples at night as a place to relax.



 



 There is a hiking trail leading up to the top of the mountain, and I ascended it in the darkness of the night. On the way, I passed a couple holding hands as if they were flirting, but I was in a good mood tonight, so I didn't wish for an explosion.

(TL: Couple go explode)

 



 I had been climbing for about 10 minutes. It was already late at night, almost midnight. The park, which is usually crowded with people, was indeed sparsely populated, and it was a nice quiet place to talk.



"You said you were on a bench in the park. ...... Oh, there you are."



 



 I looked around the park at night, which was slightly illuminated by stylish pole lights, and saw Lisa waving discreetly when she spotted me. She was wearing a cute brown blouse with shirring and casual, beige wide pants. Perhaps it was the fact that she was mature in appearance to begin with, but she exuded a calm atmosphere. I can't help but feel a little nervous since I don't usually see her in her private clothes.



"That was fast. I thought it would take a little longer."

"I jogged to get some exercise."



 



 She was in a good mood, smiling and urging me to sit on the bench. I've been climbing with only my own muscles and I'm feeling moderately fatigued because I'm outside the magic field range. I wanted to sit down, so I did so without hesitation.



"Sorry to bother you at this hour. Something's been bothering me and I couldn't sleep.'

"I'm sorry about that. I've been wondering the same thing, and it's hard to find the right place and time to talk about it, so this is perfect."



 



 Both Lisa and I are among the few players who have come from other worlds. I can't talk about the original world or Dun-Ex with even my trusted family members, but I can with Lisa. If there is someone who is in the same position, I would like to discuss many things with them.



"Fufufu. We used to talk about trivial things at school, but after we found out who each other were, we never really talked. It's ...... strange that we had such a relationship in the game."



 



 Looking at the starry sky, Lisa thinks back to our relationship in the game and says sincerely. "It is indeed a strange situation that two people who were extremely hostile to each other, who would kill each other if their eyes met, are now involved in such a unique situation, sitting on a bench and discussing each other, and it is also somewhat funny."



 



 I also looked up at the night sky, but due to the city lights, I could hardly see even the first magnitude stars. It seems that this is not a good place to look at the stars, let alone the night sky.



 



 Seeing that I had taken a breath, Lisa asked me if there was anything I wanted to talk about. Well, since we're ladies first, I'll let her start the conversation.



"Thank you. So let's start with ...... and talk about what happened at the gate today."

" The gate room wasn't marked on the map."



 



 The map of the dungeon that the adventurer's guild has put a lot of manpower into producing and distributing. There was no indication of the location of the gate room on the map. At first glance, it didn't seem like something to worry about, but Lisa seemed to be concerned as well.



 



 The gate room on the fifth floor was not far from the entrance where many adventurers were hunting. But no matter when she went there, she couldn't find anyone, and in fact, there was no sign of anyone on the map that had been distributed. So...



"Is there some kind of barrier around the gate room?"

I thought so too, but..." If that's the case, why didn't it work on Satsuki and Hanano-chan who knew the secret of the gate with us players?"

"It might have something to do with whether or not they recognized the ...... gate."



 



 It is possible that recognizing the event of the gate is the key to breaking through the human shield. In that case, would the magic that is being cast be a recognition inhibitor?



"If it's just a gate, you'd think of something to keep people out. But there's still something strange about the perception."



 



 When I asked her what it was, she told me that Satsuki didn't know about the existence of the 《Fake》. She said it was impossible that Satsuki, a student of the Adventurer's School and a good student, didn't know about 《Fake》, which was the first skill she learned after changing jobs to a Shifu.



 



 She wondered if "Faking" wasn't a universal skill, so she went to the Adventurer's Guild library to check, but she couldn't find any mention of it anywhere. And adventurers with the common "Thief" job hadn't been able to acquire "Fake" either.



 



 Maybe when you learn a skill, you need to be aware that the skill exists. If you don't think a skill exists, it doesn't exist in this world.



"I see, that explains why once you are aware of it, you can learn the skill set +3 like Hanano, or go to the gate room by yourself."

"Fake, +3 skill slots, gate. There's a lot of other things we need to be aware of~"


 



 There are things that are universally known and things that are not known. What difference does it make? But I can guess what it is.



"Is there a pattern where things that existed at the start of the service don't need to be recognized, but things that have been updated need to be recognized?"

"Yes. Yes, I think that's very likely."



 



 People's common sense and knowledge about dungeons in this world is similar to what was implemented at the time of the start of the Dun Ex service. The jobs and skills that have existed since the beginning are generally the same as those that are widely known in this world.



 



 On the other hand, "fake", "skill +3", gate room and slime room are contents that were added some time after the service started. The inhabitants of this world are unaware of them, or if they are aware of them, the information is restricted or monopolized to a few people and hidden from the general public.



 



 The Dun-Ex at the start of the service and the Dun-Ex that was updated just before we came to this world are one and the same world here. It may be that they are differentiated by this means of recognition, so that it makes sense to include both.


"Fufu. What information should I show and what should I not? I guess it's a little easier to judge now.

"It will also make it easier to determine what the former player's weapon is."



 



 I knew that there were various cheats for us Dun-Ex players, such as manual activation and the ability to use our character's skills during the game. But the fact that everything updated could be used as a player's weapon could be a new guideline for future actions. But--



"I have a bit of a problem with 《Fake》 ......."

"What's wrong~?"



 



 The other day, during the adventurer rank promotion test, I met a "kunoichi red" boobs, ...... or kunoichi-san. I don't know her name yet. She was almost certainly using the Fake. At the same time, she showed great interest in my use of the Fake.



 



 As I predicted earlier, "fake" is probably a skill that is not generally known, and only those in a special position like Kunoichi Red have a monopoly on the information. It must be a very tasty privilege.



 



 If you can disguise your strength and abilities, and if there is no one who suspects your disguise, you can do whatever you want to catch your opponent off guard. It would be a great advantage in combat and sabotage.



 



 I wondered what she would think of such a special skill being possessed by an ordinary high school boy.



 



 The next day, an invitation to the clan party was delivered by Kusunoki Unmo Kirara (Kirara-chan), and I think I understand a little bit why.



"When is the clan party?


"Around the time the class competition is over. I was planning to attend, but it looks like a bad idea."



  



 I was going to be there, but it looks like it's not going to be good. They may possibly consider me a threat. I should be wary of Kunoichi Red's movements.



"I'm sure she's already done her research on you and your family."

"You mean she wants to meet me in person?"

"To begin with, how much do you know about the Kunoichi Red Clan, Souta?"



 



 On the surface, it is a glamorous and sexy [Sifu] clan. The clan leader, Haruka Mikami, is a celebrity who is often talked about in the entertainment industry. But behind the scenes, the clan is so advanced that it receives requests from adventurers' guilds and the government. That's what the kunoichi said.



"It'll be in Sanjo-san's main storyline in Dun-Ex. As an enemy.

"I've never played in BL mode, so I didn't know that."


(TL:A man has his principles and not playing bl is one of them)
 



 I knew that Kirara-chan was a character who would stand by Sanjo-san and push her back, so I had a somewhat good image of Kunoichi Red, to which she belonged. There was also the reason that the contents of the invitation and Kirara-chan's response did not seem so dangerous.



 



 However, according to Lisa, Kunoichi Red is a very conservative clan that values the nation and its traditions, and will attack without mercy if they are deemed a threat to them. Would I really go to the home of such a clan alone?



"It's not like you can just ignore a formal invitation and run around forever. I don't know what to do. ......

"I don't think they're going to harm me out of the blue. If that were the case, they would have already attacked me."



 



 Considering Kunoichi Red in the game, if she wanted to force information out of me or shut me down, she would have acted quickly and without hesitation. The fact that she took the casual approach of sending out invitations and welcoming me suggests that she was not thinking of attacking me.



 



 Perhaps she had first checked to see what kind of organization was behind me. But there was no such thing, so there was no way they would come out. So maybe Kunoichi Red wanted to carefully set up an opportunity to talk and find out.



"I'll show up, but will I be suitably prepared.."



 



 The chances of a battle occurring are ...... small, but they cannot be denied. I think it's better to have the family go to the dungeon on the day of the clan party just in case.



"Well then. I'll teach you something nice as a thank you for power leveling me. Maybe I can help you?" 



  



 With a small smile, she put her arms out in front of her and started drawing something. I was wondering what she was going to do, but she suddenly started releasing her skills, even though she was outside the magic field.

TL Note- We thank Krazey for sponsoring the chapter and don't worry Krazey also sponsored the next Chapter which will be a continuation to the above chapter and with the next chapter we will reach the raws.


Reader's Thoughts:

Gonzalo/Elekia-If i had to say something, it would be:
About the circle name, is it some kind of foreshadowing, where the author will name it with the novel’s title?
And about the gate, maybe it is known by the original inhabitants of that world, but as a state secret or something?

Droze-@Gonzalo/Elekia  Avalon makes sense for the group, and adding Evil to it would fit in with both the precedent if them being class E and Sota using 'underhanded' methods (Thief classers would probably be called that), so you're probably spot on.
Rafael-And Alucard is the birthday boy today so let the wishes pour down. 




Comments

  1. If we assume that souta will woo all heroines
    the game will bl route wtf

    ReplyDelete
  2. And HBD @Alucard ,fellow degenerate XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the forshadowing part holds much weight to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts