Evil Avalon



Chapter 57-Satsuki Omiya 

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-4}


(Sponsor-Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael )

(TL:Droze And Alucard...our wish came true..its her PoV Chapter)

-- Satsuki Omiya



 

 



 

 Souta turns his back to me and dashes away. Even though he had to carry all of Lisa and mine luggage for the long distance from the time we entered the dungeon to here, he wasn't even out of  breath.



 



 We were about to come face to face with the infamous Orc Lord, who had caused so much damage to so many adventurers, but he was maintaining his calm as if a light breeze was sweeping over him. I wondered who he was.



 



 I remembered  the memory where for the first time in my life, I was aware of someone named Narumi Sota.



 



 



 



 *...*...*...*...*...*



 



 



 



 During break time, my classmates in class E, mainly my roommate in the dormitory and my friend Chiki from middle school, try their best to communicate with each other in order to expand our friendship.



 





 It's not only because they want to have friends, but also because they know that using their connections to gather as many good friends as possible and to be part of a strong party can make or break their grades.



 



 Even after homeroom is over, I'm constantly gathering information about the school and its students. Who's strong and who's working with whom, who has what skills, what kind of exams and competitions are there and how do they go about it? What are the tests and competitions like?



 



 What happens then is that they start planning to get close to groups with strong people like Akagi-kun and Majima-kun. In fact, Lisa and I once tried to get in touch with Akagi's group, but they seemed to have a fixed party and we couldn't get in as we wanted. I was approached once by Marashima, but the relationship has not progressed yet.



 



 While my classmates were scrambling to make connections, there was a fat boy sitting at the back of the class just staring out the window. That was Souta.



 



 He was always quiet and rarely talked to anyone, but he was not overshadowed or unnoticeable. On the contrary, he had become a bit of a celebrity in the class - in a bad way.



 



 Even though he was the lowest ranked student in the class, he didn't try to socialize with anyone and would leave as soon as school let out. On top of that, when he entered a dungeon, he was defeated by a slime that even elementary school students are said to be able to defeat, and the whole school, not just Class E, gave him a bad reputation as "the weakest adventurer in the history of the school.


(TL:Grabs popcorn)
 



 Seeing him like this, his uncommunicative classmates call him vulgar nicknames and furrow their brows to hide their abuse. Not having any outstanding skills and being scorned for not being able to dive dungeons properly due to his obese figure, he is isolated from the class without being approached by anyone. In the adventurer's school life, where connections with friends are important, this is fatal.



 



 He was forced to enter dungeons solo if he was not partnered with anyone, and he could only do that up to the third floor at best. His school life is a dead end, and his classmates have been saying that they don't want to be a part of his dragging them down.



 



 But everyone's thinking is shallow. We're going to have to fight hard against the top classes in the upcoming class competitions and tournaments, and he can't be left out. Do they even know what they're doing?



 



 There are plenty of opportunities for him to improve his strength in the future, so what's the point of deciding his evaluation when he's only just started school? Besides, I don't think he's a person to be maligned, considering his seriousness in class and high academic ability.



 



 Wanting to confirm these things, I mustered up my courage and invited him to a party during orientation. People told me that I reached out to him and that I was kind, even though I wasn't.



 



 I was a little surprised to find that my roommate Lisa was not so opposed to his joining the party, in fact she accepted it. I know she seems to have a laid-back personality, but she has an oddly sharp and calm side to her. Maybe she has some ideas or something.



 



 So I talked to him and found out that he was more intelligent and thoughtful than I had expected. The reason he doesn't communicate is not because he doesn't have the ability to do so, but because he's just not interested in his classmates or his own notoriety. It was as if he was moving with a certain confidence, regardless of what others thought of him.



 



 But that didn't change the fact that solo dungeon diving had its limits. And that limit can come early. So I was hoping that my invitation would be a conduit for me to integrate into the class.



 



 I was hoping that since we became friends at orientation, he would start talking to us the next day, but he didn't show any signs of it and left as soon as school was over.



 



 Is it really a okay to be alone? I looked at his level on the terminal and saw that it hadn't risen from level 3 at all. I can tell from that that he's struggling near the third floor.



 



 Could it be that he didn't find me attractive enough to join me? Or does he have someone else to team up with?



 



 



 



 --But I can't worry about him anymore, because the tragic reality of Class E is coming to light.



 



 First, there was the incident at the club activity recruitment ceremony. I was abused by all the upperclassmen, and I was made to understand that we, the E class, were actually being looked down upon. We were told that even if we joined the club activities we had longed for, we would only be allowed to do menial work. The classmates were in despair, and darkness overtook the classroom.



 



 The dueling ruckus with Class D that followed was even more serious. My classmate Akagi-kun was mercilessly beaten and we were banned from joining the club activities created by the seniors of Class E. After that, they became less reserved and began to come into the classrooms of Class E to tease and humiliate our classmates.



 



 How can they be so cruel when they are students of the same school? I knew that in an adventurer's school, strength is absolute, but what is the use of nipping in the bud for those who strive to be strong? The school is turning a blind eye. I don't know what's going on anymore. I can't see an inch of the future, and the dark days continue.



 



 There are times when I feel like throwing everything away. But I don't want to betray the expectations of my parents, who sent me to the adventurer school. I don't want to waste the thoughts, efforts, and futures of my classmates.



 



 My friends and I who felt the same way discussed until late at night, crying, arguing, struggling, and crying again. The conclusion we came to was to create a club activity for us. We immediately applied for the club, but the student council, with its deep-rooted discrimination against Class E, would not listen to us so easily.



 



 In the process of working out the solution, I ended up with "him" again.



 



 He looked much slimmer than he had at the entrance ceremony, and somehow more reliable. Unlike his classmates who were struggling and suffering, he was still aloof and elusive. Lisa is like that too, but maybe Souta is just a super positive thinker.



 



 From there, they decided to dive into a dungeon together to relieve stress - yes. So far, there's nothing strange.



 



 Then we started talking about good hunting grounds. Then we started talking about contract spells. Finally, we're talking about gates and other eyebrow-raising stuff. I suspected that Lisa and Souta were both playing a joke on me, but it seems they might be telling the truth.



 



  



 



  *...*...*...*...*...*



 



 



 



 In the distance, an Orc Lord is running with clouds of dust. Further behind, a number of orcs that might possibly reach triple digits. At the head of the pack was Souta, who was running at an unusually high speed despite his short running form. I wondered if it was some kind of magic as he was gliding across the bridge almost without swaying, even though it should have swayed greatly if we crossed it at such a speed.


"I'll give you a signal, so adjust your timing!"



 



 Soon after, a group of Orcs rushed onto the large 50-meter-long suspension bridge with noisy cries. The bridge shook so much, both horizontally and vertically, that a few of them were ejected and fell off, but there were still dozens of them on the bridge.



 



 At the head of the pack, a vicious-looking orc lord is running with bloodshot eyes, hoping to land a blow on Souta. It's no wonder it's said that only advanced adventurers are allowed to face it. And now it's right in front of me. Just when I start to hear his breathing...



"Now! Cut it off!"



 



 Almost cowering in fear, I cut off the wire. The tension in the rope is broken, and the Orcs fall off the bridge with a scream. 10 seconds later, a strong leveling symptom appears, and my chest burns and I feel like I'm suffocating.



"Ugh ...... did you just level up ......?"

"I think I just leveled up too!"



 



The sheer volume of experience flowing into me at once was painful, and I couldn't help but bend over. When I looked at Lisa, she was gut-punched and smiling with joy.



"Hmm. It looks like you've reached level five.



 



 I was struck by the feeling that Souta had used a "simple appraisal" to look into the depths of my mind. He has  learned to use that simple appraisal, which means he's at least level 5.



 



 It's too amazing that just by cutting off a rope, my level goes up! I know it will go up if one kills that many Orcs,......, but who would have thought that you could use the nature of the Orc Lord to take down an entire bridge?



 



 



 



 When Souta confirmed that we had gained enough experience, he stretched once and said, "It's too noisy, I'm going to clean it up."On the other side of the valley, dozens of Orcs that could not get onto the bridge were threatening us with their buzzing and squealing.



 



 As I was looking at them, wondering if he was using some special method to "clean" that many orcs, Souta came around from afar and plunged straight into the orc group!



 



 That's when I got a glimpse of Souta's strength. To be frank, I don't really understand what's going on.



 



 He was moving so fast that I couldn't see how he was dodging the Orc slashes coming from all directions, and the speed at which he was swinging his weapon was so fast that I couldn't make out his arms.



 



 The way he fights is also far from the "basic tactics" taught in sword fighting class.



 



 It is said that the most important tactics in a one-on-one fight are how to avoid being surrounded and how to keep moving around to avoid showing blind spots. Souta was positioned in the center of the orc group, and was fighting almost motionless in a position where he was being attacked from all sides.



 



 Even so, the Orcs' attacks did not hit even a single target, and on the contrary, they were slashed one after another as if they were sucked into the path of the sword that Souta wielded. Is he guiding the orcs' movements?Is it some kind of unique martial art? In any case, the fact that he was able to execute that tactic without any hesitation was probably due to the huge difference in levels.



 (TL:Souta is a gigachad)



As proof of this, he slashes down the huge body of a fat orc with a single swing that doesn't look like it took much effort at all. This is a feat that can only be accomplished with a considerable amount of strength. I'm sure the sword isn't light, but he's wielding it as if it were a stick.


 



Compared to Akagi, who I saw during the duel, and even compared to Kariya, his opponent at that time, the strength of Souta fighting on the other side of the valley is unmatched. If he's that good, it makes sense that he doesn't need to force himself to be publicized.



 



 



 



 After that, Souta's sister, Hanano, who was as strong as Souta! -- joined up and defeated a large number of orcs many times using the method of bridge dropping. It was heartbreaking to see dozens of orcs screaming and falling all at once just by cutting the rope.



 



 At some point, it became a battle between Hanano and Souta to see who could bring in the most Orcs. After Souta succeeded in bringing in about 150 orcs, Hanano summoned about 200 orcs before the Orc lord's MP ran out and he collapsed in the middle of the game.



 



 Thanks in part to that, my level rose to 6 in just a few hours. This level 6 was the target level that I had worked so hard to reach during my summer vacation, but I never thought that I would reach it so easily ......, and that I would spend most of the time chatting and laughing.



 



 



 



 Today's dive was so amazing and so funny that the gloom of school was blown away. It's been a while since I've been able to laugh from the heart. I didn't know Souta was such a funny guy.



 



 They promised to dive with me for a while, but I have a feeling I'll see more interesting things if I follow them.



 



 I wonder if my wish will come true one day.


TL Note- You might not believe it but I was was talking with readers Droze and Alucard  on discord yesterday about Satsuki needing a PoV chapter and here we are. We thank Krazey for sponsoring this PoV Chapter. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts