Evil Avalon


 Chapter 53-Miscellaneous goods shop Narumi

{SPONSORED CHAPTER}

(Sponsor- Alucard)

(TL:By Rafael)


Today I promised Omiya-san and the others a dungeon dive, planning to go around the third floor to hunt Orcs, but if there's enough room, we'll go to the fourth floor entrance area.



 



 I've been helped by Omiya-san and her team many times before, even though I don't get any experience value from killing monsters that the "simple appraisal" shows as "too weak to compete". I'd like to be of some help here and return the favor.



 



 Of course, that's not my only goal.



 



 As a bachelor, I'm not familiar with what's going on at school or with my classmates, and it's hard for me to keep track of what's happening in real time. On the other hand, Omiya-san and Nitta-san are always in the center of the class, and I'm hoping that being near them will make it easier for me to get information about the class.



 



 Besides. I'm not sure what to say, but Omiya-san and Nitta-san are cute enough to catch your eye when you walk by them. When those two girls say, "I'm counting on you," with a smile on their faces, a healthy man can't help but get excited.


(TL: I agree)
 



 Thanks to them, I was in high spirits from early in the morning. I did some careful stretching in front of my house to loosen up and calm down.



 



 I have about 30 minutes to spare before my meeting time, so I decided to take a look at the product lineup of Narumi, my family's lifeline.







 







 Narumi is a retail store that sells goods for novice and intermediate adventurers. Most of the goods are purchased from the Adventurer's Guild wholesalers, but my father also receives goods from his fellow adventurers and acquaintances who dive with him. It's no exaggeration to say that the grade of our family's food depends on the comings and goings of this lineup.



 



 The first thing I notice is the recycled leather armor. It's not made of werewolf leather, but of regular cow or pig leather. Not just armor, but also bags and clothes. My father buys them cheaply from other places and sells them in his spare time after repairing them. They don't sell very well, but the profit margin is good, so he keeps them around.



 



 Speaking of armor. My werewolf armor was so badly damaged in the battle with Volgemut that it was useless and turned into garbage, but now I'm wearing the mithril alloy light armor that I got from the fucking examiner.It's time to switch to a stronger armor. But I don't have that kind of money, so I'm thinking of using this armor for a while. By the way, the damn examiner must be eating a stinky meal right now.



 



 Next, I looked next to the recycle corner and saw "Narumi's recommendation! Special price!" There is a shelf labeled "Narumi Recommends! There were red, green, and other poisonous colored potions on the shelf.



 



 These were not the instant recovery potions I had bought on the tenth floor, but rather degraded recovery potions diluted with solvents. Even so, they are popular among adventurers hunting below the tenth floor because they are effective in recovering from scratches and minor fatigue. It doesn't require guild authentication, so there's little middleman, but the profit margin is low. It's the type of product where you have to sell a lot to make money.



 



 And the three recovery potions that I bought for resale at Obaba's store before were already sold out. Instant recovery potions, which can instantly heal the loss of a finger or so, are sold at high prices not only to adventurers but also for medical purposes, and fraudulent products are rampant. In order to sell them, one must have a guild certificate of authenticity, which is quite expensive at nearly 100,000 yen per bottle. Even so, the fact that they were sold immediately at 700,000 yen suggests that there is a strong demand for them. Thanks to this, we had a brand-name beef shabu-shabu for dinner last night.



 



 I used to throw recovery potions around when I was playing the game because they can do a lot of damage if used on undead, but no one would be stupid enough to throw a product that sells for 700,000 yen. I've already stocked up on six more bottles, and I'm having my father have them appraised at the Adventurer's Guild. I'm going to keep reselling the potions from Obaba's store and conquer every brand of beef in Japan!..... No, that's not right. I'm planning to get some armor. So I'd say my money is in good hands at the moment.



 



 You can also find portable food and camping supplies near the cash register. There are not that many of these items since supermarkets and home centers are strong competitors. If they feel like it, they can buy them in sets with other products.



 



 From now on, I'm thinking of putting the items I brought from the dungeon here as well. Once I'm able to handle the merchandise well enough, I may rent a space in the more secure Adventurer's Guild building and open a store there. I hope my father will do his best.



 



 Well. I know it's a little early, but I think I'll leave explore the store for later and get ready to go.



 



 



 



 *...*...*...*...*







 







 We arrived at the square in front of the Adventurer's Guild, where we were to meet. Perhaps it was because I was a little early, but it seemed that the two of them hadn't arrived yet. I was thinking about what to do to pass the time when I got a call from my sister.



She said, "Onii~I still need to borrow another sword. I don't feel comfortable without my two swords."



 



 My sister was also going to the dungeon to do some power leveling for my mother. She said she was going to fight with one sword today, but just before the dive, she must have felt uneasy and asked me if I had any affordable weapons.



"'I'm at the Adventurer's Square, where are you?"

'I'm going there with my mom, wait for me~'



 



 I have two mithril alloy curved swords at my waist, so I decided to give one of them to him. These were given to me for free by Sagara, a student member of the Mithril ore embezzlement case yesterday. I really wanted a sword, but if I can get one without paying for labor, it's not so bad. It's a good thing that the teary-eyed Kumazawa was shaking as he presented the curved sword to me.




 

 





 

 I hung up the phone and leaned my back against a street lamp in the square, taking a moment to look around. It was a Saturday, so the place was crowded with more adventurers than usual.



 



 Most of them are full-time adventurers or hobby adventurers like my father, but I also see a few men and women who look like students wearing armor with their school's name on it.



 



 In addition to the adventuring school, there are other schools around this dungeon that offer special classes for training adventurers and club activities for dungeon diving. It's so popular that people come from all over the country to apply. It makes me smile to see them working hard in harmony.



 



 On the other hand, the adventurers from our adventuring school - a joint party of the First Sword and Sorcery Club, I suppose - a group of people wearing expensive armor inlaid with mithril alloy and magic crystals were shouting and showing off. This school was full of troublemakers in the game, but I hope they don't recreate them exactly.



 



 Disappointed, I observed from a distance.



 



 A group of swordsmen and a group of mages were having a heated strategy meeting, glaring at each other and creating a bad atmosphere around them. They were so loud that I could hear everything they were saying. Their arguments were as follows.



 



 The swordsmen are afraid of friendly fire, so they want to take the lead in the dungeon dive by making decisions about the timing and formation of their magic shots. As for the mage group, the swordsmen should just do the walls. In order to effectively utilize the maximum firepower of the mages, it is better for the mages, who have a good understanding of magic, to make the decisions. Naturally, the mage should also give tactical instructions.



(If you're going to dive together, you should at least prepare a coordinator: ......)



 



 I was stunned that such a strategy should not have been decided in advance when they decided to dive together. They were shouting at each other, and some of them released their auras. There was a bit of an uproar in the vicinity. It's full of brainiacs. It's so annoying.


 



 Just as I was wondering if this was a bad idea, a female student wearing a particularly luxurious flower-patterned robe appeared, dashing in and started giving instructions to the whole group as soon as she arrived. The group that had been making so much noise fell silent at once. The group of swordsmen and the group of mages seemed to be unable to get over the girl, and they were listening to her honestly.



 



 I couldn't see her face because she was wearing a robe so deeply, but I could see her long red hair. He is small and slender, but he carries a large staff on his back, and his imbalance is a bit interesting.



(I've heard that the leader of the mage faction is a red-haired female student, but could it be her?)



 



 She appears several times in the game, but I only played through the main story once at the beginning of the game, so she only appeared in the beginning, and I don't remember the details if she's not a major character.



 



 Eventually, the supply team arrived. Three wagons that looked like they had a magic stone engine and a pilot's seat attached to the pulling part of the cart arrived, each carrying a mountain of cargo. Even with that many people, they could easily dive for about 10 days.



 



 The Adventurer's School has set aside a period of time for dungeon dives, and they allow students to take a break from their studies during that time. Instead, they give you assignments to do in the dungeon, and if you complete them, your grade will reflect it.



 



 There are also bonuses, and the more difficult the task and the deeper you dive, the more your grade will be added. In order to get a high score, you need to secure excellent members and form a strong party that can fight stronger monsters. That's why the first sword club and the first magic club team up to dive, prioritizing their abilities even if they don't get along well. This time, though, the leader of the mage side seems to be in charge.



 



 I was watching the group, suppressing my desire to appraise how strong they were.



"There he is ! Mom, over here!"



 



 My sister, who spotted me, called out loudly for my mother. I had given my sister the Sword of Volgemut, a falchion-type sword that dropped from Volgemut, and the Blessed Pendant that was in the treasure chest, but she seemed to have equipped it properly.



 



 As a result, [Sword of Volgemut] has four effects: HP absorption, one-handed sword attack power increase, durability increase, and weight reduction, which is more than I expected. I'm very happy with it. The sheath is covered with a cloth to hide the decoration.



 



 The Blessed Pendant is also a unique item that can only be found in the treasure chest in the 7th floor expansion area. I'm not sure how much MP regeneration it provides, but it'll come in handy if you're in a long war. The light blue gem is a bit flashy looking, but it won't be noticeable if you keep it hidden in your chest.



 



 Both of these items have exceptional performance for items obtained in the early stages of the game, but the strength of the enemies who dropped them was so strong that it was hard to believe they were in the early stages. This is the first time she has used a curved sword.



"This curved sword has a slightly different center of gravity than Volgemut's sword, and it doesn't have any kind of grant on it, so be careful with it."



 



 If you break the curved sword, it'll have to go back to being just a rented piece of steel, so I advise you to treat it with care. In the event that you're in the market for a new weapon, it's a good idea to get one that's a higher grade than the mithril alloy ones, but if you want to buy one, it's going to cost a fortune.



 



 As I was giving my sister advice on this and that...



"Sorry to keep you waiting, but...?"



 



 Omiya-san and the others arrived right on time. I wondered if her long hair would get in the way in the dungeon, so she tied up her twin tails, which usually hang down to the side, into a ponytail. Ms. Nitta was not wearing her glasses, which she usually wears. I wondered if she was wearing contacts. But both of them look fresh and cute.



 



 Both of them are also wearing matching brand new light armor of the Demon Wolf. In the future, it will be more cost-effective to buy armor that is a little bit more expensive, so the choice was probably the right one.



"Are you Narumi's mother and ...... sister?"

"Oh, yeah. I had something to give them and we were just talking."



 



 My sister is in junior high school, so I can't tell her that she is going to the dungeon, and I think it's best to cover this up. ......



"Oh, my, they're lovely ladies. Won't you introduced them Sota ."

"Hello, I'm his sister! Thank you for taking  care of Onii .


 



 My sister and mother are getting excited. I was embarrassed and urged them to hurry up and go, but they insisted on staying, as if they wanted to talk to Omiya and the others. So I pushed them and forced them to leave the place.



"Well, I'm sorry. They're too annoying. ......"

"Oh, but don't they  mind?"



 



 They seemed to have taken care of by me, but there was nothing wrong with that. If I had left it like that, they would have said something about me and make me feel embarrassed.



 



 So let's get back on track. Let's go for a fun dungeon dive with a flower in each hand, shall we?







(*1) Friendly Fire

(*1) Friendly fire is the act of being hit by an ally who is behind you on the battlefield. It doesn't matter if it's negligent or intentional.


TL Note- Sota is stepping up his game and so are we . We are grateful to Alucard for sponsoring this Chapter and the era of Krazey will begin soon ......Next Chapter comes tommorow.




Comments

Popular Posts