A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 8

Chapter 2-The chains that hold Marin together.

(TL:By Rafael)

"Maki, why are you doing this ............?"(Marin)

"You're just a little timid, Marin-san."(Maki)



 



 Marin's throat quivered as she realized that her knife had pierced the young girl.

 

 The girl gave her a small smile. She gently stroked her cheek and filled her trembling eyes with the light of compassion. There should have been pain, but all that was there was compassion for Marin.

 

 And then the girl, Maki, said this.



 



 while she smiled gently.



"It's okay. You can trust everyone more. ......"(Maki)


(TL: 🥺)
 



 Immediately after that Maki collapsed.

 

In her father's arms, with a pained expression on her face.





◆ ◇◆





"Maki!"(Cleo)


 



 I ran over to the three of them and sat down.

 

 Maki's wound was deep. The blood was pouring out of her, and I knew immediately that it was more fatal than the one Gowon had sustained.
 

 I quickly applied a healing spell, but it was only a temporary relief.

 

 I immediately lifted my gaze and called out to Marin, who stood there dumbfounded.



"Marin, ......!Quickly, use some healing magic to Maki!"(Cleo)

"What ............?"(Marin)



 



 Then she finally came back to herself and gasped.

 

 When she saw the girl's blood on her hands, she shook her shoulders.


"I am ...... again ......!"(Marin)



 



 Again.

 

 Again, I couldn't resist.

 

 Marin slumped down on the spot and shed large tears without even blinking.


"I know what I'm doing, but ......!"(Marin)



 



 I know what she meant when she said that.

 

 The spell in her mind is mostly based on her fear of Kaon. At the same time, she is afraid that she is not accepted.

 

 I heard all that logic from Chris.



 



 At the end of the day, Marin is afraid of being unapproachable.

 

 She thinks that she is only recognized as a saint, and she is bound by that which Kaon has created, and she can't take the option of defying him.



 



 And Marin herself knew this.

 

 She knew her own weakness. Her weakness. The way of her mind is too unstable.



"I'm ......!"(Marin)



 



 So she blamed herself.

 

 Her usual strong attitude is the flip side of that.

 

 She distances himself from the people around her, refuses to be rejected, and gets bogged down.



"Marin..."(Cleo)





 





 But I knew.

 

 That's why I said to her, 





"It's okay."(Cleo)





 





 It was an unconditional affirmation.



"What ......?"(Marin)



 



 She finally responded, and I looked into her eyes.

 

 I smiled quietly at her.



"Don't worry. I know you've been working hard."(Cleo)

"Cleo, ......?"(Marin)



 



 I took her small thin hand and told her.





"Everyone knows. Everyone knows that Marin was--"(Cleo)





 





 It's natural.

 

 But no one had ever told her that before.





"Because Marin is not alone."(Cleo)







 







 A girl who mistakenly thinks she is alone.

 

 A girl who has been led to believe she is alone.





"Cle, o ......?"(Marin)

"Come on, let's finish this now.I leave Maki in your care."(Cleo)





 





 I touched Marin's shoulder, while her mouth was still open,  I stood up.

 

 Then I turned to Kaon.





"Kaon Cinderius, I will never forgive you ,No with the things you have done I can't forgive you even I was forced."(Cleo)



 



 I let my emotions run straight through me.

 

 Then he laughed and said, 





"I'm done with Marin. That was fun for a trifecta, right?"(Kaon)

".................."(Cleo)


(TL:trifecta:-a bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order.)


 





 I picked up my dagger and stared at Kaon wordlessly.

 

 There was just silence in the air.


TL Note- Many readers find this story simple and easy to read(including myself) but it focuses on many problems faced by young people like recognition, expectations, love, etc, It shows us an interesting views on problems that might be seen humongous on a glance could be as simple as to be rectified with few words. Anyway my sermon is over and Evil Avalon chapter will come in some hours.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts