Evil Avalon

Chapter 38-To the 10th floor ①

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-10}

(Sponsor-Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

"So that last skill the skeleton shot was an anti-aircraft skill.

"It's an anti-air counter skill that has a high probability of critical damage if it hits a target in midair.



 



 After that battle, my strength and MP were depleted and I fell asleep as if I had fainted for about two hours. And right now, I'm having a conversation with my sister while I'm lying on her back. I can't get my legs to work properly, so she's carrying me on her back.



 



 Yes. My sister, who looks like she could be in elementary school. I'm supposed to have a full body.



 



 It's been a little over a month since I started dieting. Recently, the pants I wore to the entrance ceremony have become roomy. I was hoping that I would be able to reduce my weight to about 80kg in about half a year if I kept going like this, but after that battle with my bones, I went to bed tired and woke up a little thinner.



 



 I've been so overweight that I've forgotten how thin the norm is, but after checking my arms and waist, I think I've lost weight to the point where I'm more chubby than fat. Thanks to this, the clothes and armor I was wearing were getting stretched out and dowdy. Now I'm re-tightening my belt and other important parts.



 



 Of course, the reason she can carry it on my back is not only because I've lost weight, but also because my sister has greatly improved. To my surprise, she has strengthened her body to the point where she can lift a rock weighing several dozen kilograms with one hand. It is clear that the increase in level is not just one or two.



 



 However, it would look surreal to see a fat high school boy being carried on his back by a petite girl. I am slightly embarrassed ......



 



 However, when I did a "simple appraisal" on myself to see what was wrong with my legs ......, I found that I was suffering from a condition that reduced my movement speed and lowered my HP limit. This is because the muscles in the legs have recovered in a strange way due to the undue strain of reinforcement magic and repeated use of regeneration skills. I was paralyzed in places and could not move as I wanted.


 



 I thought about going to the Adventurer's Guild to get it fixed, but it would have cost a fortune. There is also a Priest teacher at the school, but if we were to heal him here, he would certainly be appraised. It's not good for them to know that my level has improved significantly.



 



 That's why I didn't go home, but went straight to the hidden store on the tenth floor, Obaba's Store, to heal myself.



 



 The falchion is hanging from her waist. It dropped with the magic stone when I killed the bone, so I gave it to her. The treasure chest between us and the lord of the castle opened by itself, and inside was a single pale blue jeweled pendant connected by a silver chain.



 



 Both the falchion and the pendant were definitely magic items of some kind, but the "simple appraisal" could not identify them. It was probably a mid-level item. It is possible that both of them are cursed equipment, as they were both carried and protected by undead. The sword was not removed from its sheath, and the pendant was left in the bag without being equipped. It's a good idea to take a look at the website and see if you can find any useful information.



 



 As I was thinking about this and that while being carried on my back, my sister seemed to be concerned about the battle with Volgemut and asked me a series of questions.



"What was the last skill you used? It was really powerful. ......"

"Oh, the Agares Blade."



 



 This is a one-handed weapon and bare-handed skill that the highest level job [Sword Saint] can learn. It is an excellent weapon skill that can be activated manually with a simple motion, and the signs before the activation are difficult to read and there is little gap after the activation.



 



 It is worth noting that it can be activated with bare hands. Although it is less powerful than when activated with a one-handed weapon, it is a popular skill for opponents because it allows you to mix sword and fighting techniques.



 



 I have the "cheat" of being able to use many of the weapon skills I learned back in the game days, but with my low STR and weak weapons, there were few skills that could do any real damage.



 



 But with my low STR and weak weaponry, there were few skills that could do any real damage. The Agares Blade was the only attack skill that could do a reasonable amount of damage, even for a low level player like me, because it had fixed damage in addition to STR proportional damage.



 



 However, there was no way that my body could withstand the high-powered skills of the highest level job if I were to use them properly, and as compensation, my right arm was blown off from the root. I knew it was going to happen somehow, but...



"I knew it would happen. Why did I use so many skills? The first reinforcement magic also had a strange way of activating, didn't it? What the hell is that reinforcement magic?".



 



 That's a lot of things to worry about. Well, how should I explain it?



"...... is still too early for you right now."

"Hey!  Don't talk to me like you are  my master!



 



 My sister started going to a martial arts school about half a year ago, and she said that her teacher, who she was told to call her master, was still young, but he was forcing her to do master moves, which was annoying. He also complained several times about his long beard and torn off shoulder-length body suit, which looked tacky. He seems to be a high-ranking adventurer, but is he?



"I could tell you all about it, but dungeon knowledge can be dangerous if you don't know enough about it. I'll tell you when you are strong enough to protect yourself from those adventurers."

"Hmmm... ...... Okay... ......"



 



 What the heck, you're  good at listening and understanding today.



 



 It's a good idea to teach them about manual activation as soon as possible, regardless of their knowledge of dangerous games. There is no guarantee that irregular problems will not occur in the future, and you may encounter dangerous events outside the dungeon, such as those in the Dan Eku scenario. I want to have many ways to protect myself.







 







 While chatting about such things, we returned from the additional MAP of the 7th floor to the MAP of the normal area where we could hear the howling of the demon wolf, and from there we followed the main street to the 8th floor.



 



 The eighth floor has changed from the seventh floor to become a cave MAP again. However, it is wider than the previous cave MAPs, with a ceiling and width of 20 to 30 meters, so it doesn't feel so claustrophobic. The number of adventurers in the entrance hall is even smaller than on the seventh floor. There are only a few benches and unmanned vending machines, making it look like a deserted parking area in the countryside. http://valhallatls.blogspot.com/2021/09/evil-avalon_22.html



"I'm going to use the restroom, so please wait for me.



 



 She set me down on a bench and pointed to the restroom. It's not that I can't walk, so there's no need to be so overprotective.



"I'll get something from the vending machine there.



 



I walked the 20 meters or so to the vending stand to check it out. I could walk normally and without pain, but I could feel that my legs were numb and faded in places. Looking at my calves, I could see the muscles and blood vessels standing out in bumps and bruises.



 



 There was no way I could fight in this condition, but I was sure that my running ability and instantaneous power would be considerably reduced. It is better to avoid fighting as much as possible.



"I shouldn't force ...... at all. Even though I had no choice."


 



 My right arm, which was blown off, has grown back to normal - a little skinny - but my left arm has somehow been repaired with distorted skin and muscle tissue. And I'm irresistibly hungry. Is this because of the "gluttony" or a side effect of using the powerful regeneration skill, or both?



 



 In front of me, there were some old-fashioned vending machines that I had seen before. I approached them to see what they were selling.



(Udon noodles. I'm hungry, so let's go eat at ....... That's too expensive!)



 



 980 yen for a bowl of raccoon noodles? The price was far beyond common sense, and I pondered over it for about 20 seconds, but it was hard to resist this feeling of ravenous hunger. I put in the coins, pressed the button, and a hot container filled with the contents came flying out.



"Hey, it's spilling ...... hot!"



 



 As I was about to eat it, my sister came out of the bathroom and begged me for the same one, so I reluctantly agreed. I thought it was the end of the world, 1960 yen for two of these ......, but it seems to be true that hunger is the best spice, and even the cheap raccoon noodles tasted great. I drank all the soup and threw the Styrofoam bowl into the special trash can.



"I wondered if it was safe to carry Onii on my back to the tenth floor. There are a lot of monsters, right?

"I'm sure we'll be fine, but I think it's better to fight the monsters on the eighth floor to see what they're capable of.



 



 In order to get to the hidden store on the tenth floor, you have to pass through a room with a medium boss, so there is a possibility of a battle at worst. Before that, you might want to test how strong you are on this floor. Because you don't know how much you actually leveled up after defeating Volgemut.



 



 There are four types of monsters on the eighth floor: Orc General, Giant Bat, Orc Archer, and Orc Soldier.



 



 The Orc General is a level 9 monster, and he may have several level 8 Orc Soldiers and Orc Archers with him, so you need to check the number of Orcs behind you when you fight him.



 



 Giant Bats are also a nasty enemy. Its attack power is not great, but it flies in the air, so if you don't have any means of remote attack, it will be very troublesome. Even if you try to ignore it, it will relentlessly chase you, making it difficult to avoid defeating it. If you're hunting on this floor, you'll want a long-distance attacker.



"If you want to defeat it, you can usually counterattack it the moment it attacks.

"Hmm ....... That thing up there is a giant bat, isn't it?



 



 As I was being carried along the main street leading to the ninth floor, I saw something about 50 centimeters long clinging to the ceiling. A bat of that size would be about 1.5 meters long with its wings spread.



"It didn't seem to notice us. Is it asleep?"

"Well, I'll throw a rock there."



 



 I approached the giant bat right below me. The ceiling is about 20 meters away. Hanano throws a fallen pebble with great force.



 



 Pish! and the pebble she threw hit the side of the giant bat by one meter, making a wind noise, and shattered into pieces. From the sound of it, the speed must have been close to 200km/h.



 



 The giant bat, startled by the sudden sound, flew softly once, looked around, and when it found us, it folded its wings and slid down, aiming at my sister's neck, which was not protected by protective gear.



"Alright, here we go!"



 



 I set up a small sword to intercept him, but ...... hmmm.



 



 The giant bat's glide speed was about 100km/h, and I could see that it was coming towards me. My sister seemed to be able to see the same way, and grabbed me by the collar instead of cutting into her the moment it bit me. The giant bat jittered as it squeaked and squealed observed its face, hoping that it might be cute, but it looked more ferocious than I expected, so I didn't hesitate to attack it with a small sword and turn it into a demon stone. Hanano-chan ......



"I could see them coming this way very clearly. I wonder if it's because my level has increased."
"It's not just power and magical power that goes up with level, but reaction time and dynamic vision as well.



 



 Now I know that her kinetic vision has improved considerably. If we were to get tangled up with a few giant bats, we'd be able to win without any problems.


 



 But I don't know how good we are at fighting just now. We'll have to fight at least one more time.

TL Note- We would like to thank Krazey for sponsoring this Chapter, Two more sponsored Chapter to go.


Comments

  1. First: Thank you for the chapter.
    Second: I believe an editor would improve the translation by leaps and bounds.
    Third: NovelUpdates information about this novel is really NOT up to date, it only has the links up to chapter 4. It would be great if the newer chapters were also added there, I started reading the novel thinking you had already dropped it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First: Thank you for reading.

      Second: I am alone translating 3 novel series as there are only 2 people on site and others are busy so we don't have anyone for editors.(I would try my best to increase the TL quality but I also have my exams in october first week so no promises)

      Third: NU isn't reliable for Chapter updates as they aren't accepting the releases so joining my discord would get you updated on the chapters. (Please join our discord server , talk with the fellow readers)

      Fourth: If I ever stop a series I will write that in my chapter, I won't stop without telling so don't worry.

      Delete
    2. First: Thank you for responding to the comment senpai (._.)

      Second: I never worked with editing, and english is not my first language. That said, if you need some help with editing this novel, I would be glad to help.
      This novel has a big potential, at least I think so, seeing how its plot resembles that of MagiEro, Shinka no Mi and Botsuraku Yotei, all novels that were published and adapted to manga.
      I think at least a small editing, sentences that were doubled, some obvious mistranslations, things that ended up with strange syntaxes, and other small corrections, would really help this interesting novel.

      Third: Imagined it would be NU's fault, already read many comments of translators saying how troublesome it is to update the releases on NU, only mentioned that in case you had forgotten it, many people, when see big gaps on releases, imagine the project was dropped and don't even waste their time reading it.

      Fourth: Yay ヾ(•Ï‰•`) thanks for the consideration.

      PS: Already joined the discord server. @Hikozaru there, feel free to message me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts