Evil Avalon

Chapter 37-Kaworu Hayase ④

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-9}

(Sponsor-Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

-- Kaworu Hayase's POV



 

 



 

 I was dismayed by Kariya's high-level fighting skills, which surpassed even Yuma's, and the malicious yapping from Class D hurt my heart.



 



 Finally, the blow of the greatsword landed on Yuma's side, and I couldn't help but cover my eyes.



 



 What I had believed in is slowly cracking and shattering. I tried desperately to gather them up and rebuild them, but they seemed to be spilling out one by one. The friends we had sent out with confidence had been cruelly defeated.



 



 Are we, the E class, as they say, inferior students? Was that what it meant that we couldn't win, even after making such bloody efforts? Were the dreams I could have at this school all gone from the start, were they all an illusion?



 



 



 



 Since that day, I've been absent from class. I couldn't sleep well last night either. My daily routine of dungeon dives and morning drills have been put on hold for now.



 



 After class today, I was slowly getting ready to leave, breathing heavily, when Naoto spoke to me quietly.



"...... I need to talk to you.



 



 He was not in his usual gentle mood, so I guessed he had something important to say. I decided to go out to the corridor, as there were D class students here. The sky that I can see through the window is leaden, reflecting my heart, and I feel like I'm about to start crying.



"Kaworu. What are we going to do if we give up?



 



 I'm not sure what giving up means,......, but the thought of running away unconsciously comes to mind. I'm not sure what to make of this.



"We mustn't stop moving. For the sake of this class. But most of all, for our own sake.



 



 For ourselves. Even so, I wondered if it would be possible to overturn the three-year advantage. What comes to mind is that high-level battle. Yuma might be able to catch up. But when will I be able to reach that level? I don't have that kind of confidence anymore. ......



"This is what they want you to think.



 



 I know that they have bad intentions. I've seen it firsthand at club recruitment ceremonies. I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not.



"We should have questioned the pinpoint attack on Yuma on our first day.



 



 That malicious attack was carefully planned, he said.



 



 Yuma is the face of Class E, having entered with the highest grades as an external student. At the same time, he is a charismatic figure who leads the class itself. Kariya and the D class have been making incomprehensible accusations against him.



 



 The people in Class D have not been playing around for the past three years of middle school. They must have had abilities that were recognized by the government, and they must have worked hard to raise their levels. I'm not sure what to make of this. It is certainly reasonable to assume that this was a set-up from the beginning.



"The enemy may be bigger than we expect, but that doesn't mean we should let it get the better of us. We must not let malice stop us from moving forward."



 



 The enemy and the people behind this plan may be bigger than we can imagine. The enemy who plotted this and the people behind it may be bigger than we can imagine, but we must not give up on our dreams unconditionally.



 



 Before I entered the school, I swung a bamboo sword every day, ran, did my schoolwork before going to bed, and dove into dungeons every day after I entered. I had stopped my progress, albeit for a few days. I had no motivation, or rather, I was running away from it.



"Kaworu. What's your dream? Is there anything you're chasing?"



 



 I've always dreamed of being a legendary adventurer from the fairy tales that my father told me about when I was a child. It is a story of a brave and heroic man who uses swordsmanship beyond common sense, masters profound magic, battles vicious monsters in all directions, and conquers unknown levels that no one has ever reached before.



 



 I used to beg him to tell me that story over and over again before I went to bed.



 



 Such an existence may have existed only in fairy tales, but there are still clans working hard on the front lines of dungeons to make their dreams come true. I wielded my shinai with the hope that I would be able to share my back with these adventurers and conquer the front lines together. That's why I enrolled in the Adventurer's School. ......



"I've only been at the school for a little over a month. I can't just give up on your dream because of some absurd and malicious attack. I don't want to. I'll never give up."



 



 I don't like it either. But.



"So, ......, please lend me your strength. In order to move forward."



 



 Naoto bows down and asks for help.



 



 I couldn't help the Yuma. I'm the kind of woman who would let a friend get away with something like that. I'm not sure I'm qualified to stand beside him anymore. But still...



" can I also help ...... even if I'm ...... this weak. ......?



 



 The rain began to spill from the leaden sky.







 







 *...*...*...*...*...*.



 



"I see. A class game."

"We don't have much time. We've only got a month to see how far we can get."

 



 The class competition is held in June, and is the first test in which all first-year classes participate, and grades are added according to class rank.



"I've looked up the details of last year's competition."



 



 He handed me a piece of paper that he had printed out. I'm not sure what to make of that.



"Hmm, does this mean that making ...... groups will also be important?"



 



 The class competition will take place in the dungeon over the course of a week. In the past year, the current second year students did five events: "Reaching a designated point," "Defeating a designated monster," "Reaching depth," "Designated quest," and "Total magic stone amount. These will probably be the same this year.



 



 At first glance, all of the categories seemed to favor higher levels. Those with covert skills who can avoid useless battles will also be active. And the E class, with its low level and few job changes, will have a tough time.



 



 How should we divide the classmates into these five disciplines, or should we gather them together or divide them up?



No matter how you sort it out, I definitely want to raise the level of E-class strength."



 



 If there is one slow learner, the whole group will be slowed down, but the lower the level, the easier it is to raise the level and the more effective the practice. This is where you should actively aim to raise the level of your forces, Naoto said while looking at the database on his terminal.


 



 I also took a look at the current levels of my classmates: ...... In the past month, most of my E classmates have reached level 3. There are about 10 level 4 students, and the only ones above level 5 are me, Naoto, Yuma, and Sakurako. In other words, whether or not you've reached level 5 is the line between being a job changer and not.



 



 Once you reach level 5, your [Newbie] job level will be 7, and you will learn "Simple Appraisal", so you can move to the basic job without any hesitation. In other words, whether or not you've reached level 5 is the line that determines whether or not you've changed jobs.


 



 I want to increase the number of people who have already changed jobs before the exam. ......



"The lowest level is ...... level 2, Kuga-san.



 



 View the list of all registered class levels. There was only one student who was level 2, so I tapped on the details section. Kuga Kotone, a dagger and bow user, is listed as an aspiring [Archer].



 



 She reminds me of a female student with a short bob who sits at the back of the class. She's always alone and I've rarely seen her talking to anyone. She doesn't talk much and she's a shadowy student. The fact that she was still a Level 2 meant that she might not have been able to work with anyone.



 



 In the meantime, I took a look at Sota, and he's at level 3, so he seems to be doing reasonably well in the dive itself. No, ......, maybe Omiya and the others helped him.



(Kuga-san and Sota should we  be careful in their case.)



 



  These two could be a drag on the class. How should I deal with them?



"It's a good idea to gather classmates with low dive ability and power level them as a way to improve our strength, but I'm afraid they'll become dependent on that. At first, I'm thinking of holding practice sessions to develop the strengths of my classmates."



 



 Power leveling. The person being carried can easily level up, but if they rely on it, they won't be able to grow beyond that. The best way to do this is to help them to devise a proper strategy. We'll share what we know about the dungeon, and teach each other swordplay, magic, and tactics to make it easier for each party to conquer.



 



 However, it's better for them to join a club that has a lot of knowledge and facilities than for us to teach them magic and swordsmanship. However, due to the dispute with the D class, they are currently not allowed to join. I wonder if Naoto has any thoughts on the matter.



"What are you going to do about club activities?"

"'That's another difficult question."



 



 Naoto rubbed his brow as he pondered over one difficult question after another.



"If there is no way out of the current situation, I think it would be better to join the club activities with the seniors of class E."

"But the harassment from Class D will only get more intense. ......"



 



 After the dueling fiasco, Kariya has been putting strong pressure on me not to join the club activities created by the seniors of E class. If it still goes in, there is a possibility that the D class will get into the matter.



"That's right. Omiya is requesting the student council to be present for that. It may not work, but we'll wait for the results and then reconsider with their input."



 



 The petite and energetic Omiya-san, moving in a hunch. However, in a situation where there is not much to do, it might be worth waiting, even if there is a small chance.



"Another thing to think about in class warfare is ......"

"I'm thinking anti-sabotage measures and ...... extorting magic rocks."


 



 During the rivalry, the rule is to use magic stones to exchange for food, living and sanitary products. It will literally be your lifeline in the dungeon. I don't know what the actual exchange rate is, but if the magic stones are taken away from you, there is a chance that you will be forced to abandon the game.



 



 Although the rules prohibit such robbery, it is impossible to monitor all the students in the dungeon. It's a good idea to take measures such as dispersing or hiding the magic stones in your possession.



"Hmm. But it might be better to examine last year's information a little more carefully before taking countermeasures. As for the study session, I'll make a list of the people I want to attend."

"Have you seen Sakurako and Yuma yet?"



 



 After that duel, Yuma and Sakurako must be mentally exhausted. I'd like to continue to be friends with them, but ...


"No, not yet. I need you to convince him with me."
"...... Of course. And Naoto.



 



 I'm not sure what I can do to help us move forward. I'll think about it slowly. Anyway, let's go save them. Just like you saved me when my confidence was broken and I was sinking into a cold swamp.



 



 But first.



"What is it?

"Thank you, ......."





 

 





 

 For the first time in days, I felt like I could laugh.

TL Note- I am more interested in the next Chapter.  We thank Krazey for sponsoring this Chapter. 


Comments

  1. Does the mc hides his level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he hasnt gotten his stuff apprased in the guild since lvl3 so it hasnt updated cause, politics

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts