A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 4
Chapter 2-Cleo's choice.

(TL:By Rafael)

"Well then? Why is Marin here ..."(Cleo)

"It's nothing to do with anything. The only thing that matters is that Cleo was disinherited by Duke Farseed because of his brainlessness, and I came to bring you back."(Marin)

"Oh, that's the reason ..."(Cleo)



 



 It's a good idea to take a look at the actual information on the web.

 

 I laughed unintentionally when I saw the girl sitting on a chair in the common room with her legs and arms crossed.

 Somehow I felt like that, but it seems that Marin intends to take me back to Farseed's house. Or rather make me the heir again.

 Well, it doesn't matter now, so let's leave it.




"But what does Marin want  from me?"(Cleo)



 



 When I asked her, she replied, "Because I'm the one who should bring you back.



"Because I'm Cleo's fiancé..."(Marin)

"Yes. That's not true, is it?"(Cleo)



 



 I denied it with a biting smile.

 

 I'd like to point out that I don't have any such arrangement with her, just that we used to be friends.

 

 I'm sorry to say  this to Marin, but at some point in time, she started saying that to me unilaterally. That's how I got into a lot of trouble when I was in school.



"Muu. ......"(Marin)



 



 Marin puffed up childishly at my words.

 

 She is usually very mature, but at times like this, she is strangely childish.



"So, are you going back?What do you want to do?"(Marin)

"That's..."(Cleo)



 



 And then she asked that in the same tone.

 

 In the end, it's about whether or not I'm going to return to the Farsheed home. However, the one who handed down my disinheritance was undoubtedly my father - Dan.

 

 Even if Marin planned to take me back, it would not make any difference.

 

 And what's more...



".................."(Cleo's three ducklings)



 



 I glanced at my friends behind me.

 Three people, Keane is thinking about something and Erio is a little angry. And another, Maki, was anxiously moisturizing her eyes.


 

 Looking at them, I made up my mind.

 

 In the first place, I abandoned the option of returning when I decided to live as I pleased.



"Marin, I'm sorry, but I'm not going back."(Cleo)

"No, ......!but Why?(Marin)



 



 

 

 Marin has a surprised expression on this statement 
I reply with a smile.



"The people here are my dearest friends. I can't just leave them behind."(Cleo)

"............ Cleo."(Marin)



 



 Upon hearing that, Marin is heartbroken.

 Then she turns down and said something sloppy.




"I understand. ......"(Marin)



 



 When it was over, she let out a small sigh.

 

 I patted my chest, thinking that she understood me. She stood up unsteadily and walked towards the doorway.

 

 I looked at her weak back and breathed a sigh of relief.



"I'm sorry, Cleo. Was it good, or ......?"(Maki)

"Maki ......"(Cleo)



 



 It was then that one of my companions finally spoke up.

 

 Maki looks at me with anxiety and asks



"It's okay. I'm just Cleo now."(Cleo)



 



 I gently patted the girl on the head.

 

 This is the end of the matter for now. That's what I thought, and I started my day anew.


◆ ◇ ◆


{PoV Change}







"I'm not convinced. ......!"(Marin)



 



 Marin said as she returned to her home.

 

 It's not just that things didn't go as expected, but also that she didn't like the way Cleo chose those adventurers. She has  known him longer than they have.

 
When I thought about it, 
 I felt a tightening in my chest.




"... Cleo. What should I do ...!"(Marin)



 



 --I want to be there for you.

 

 ――I want to be by your side.

 That feeling grows bigger.

 And finally it became uncontrollable. as a result,





"Yes, ......!"(Marin)





 





 Marin made the following decision.







"I should become an adventurer, too!"(Marin)







 







 Such a simple thought.

 

 However, this would later become one of the main causes of a big fire that would engulf the lives of many.

 

 At the time, Marin had no way of knowing that.

TL Note- Well the cat is out of the bag and the next Chapter is reaction Chapter of his party member.( We should add Marin to the harem right those who agree type Marin +1 in the comments)


Comments

  1. I do like that she did care about his opinion and wasn't simply unilaterally trying to bring him back

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was worried she was a Yandere, after all the flags were raising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marin +1, YESSIRR!!! I already love her, as a strong and important noble she could have done countless shady and petty things but to be with him she just said "if I want to stay by his side I just have to work with him" as it's logical to think. W character. Very happy she didn't go Yandere Villain on Cleo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts