I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 5-: Where's the sugar?
( TL By GUST )

{SPONSORED CHAPTER}
(Sponsor- Krazey)
"I'm home!"



  First, we came to Nicolas and Luke's house, because Marie really wanted to see her uncle.



"Welcome home. Did Marie and Leon come too?

"Marie wanted to see her uncle.



 



 I answered with a smile.



"I want to see him! Is he here?"



 



 Marie was fretting as if she couldn't wait to see him.



"Wait a minute, I'll call him now."



 



 She got up from her chair, opened the door and called to the back of the store.



"Ben! Marie and Leon are here.



 



 As she called out, she heard footsteps coming from the back of the store and a stout man appeared.

 

 But even though he is an uncle, he is still young.......In this world, people marry early or have children, but their parents are all in their twenties.



"Marie, you're here! Oh! You're always so cute."



 



 The uncle said and picked Marie up in his arms. Marie cackled and laughed happily.

 

 Marie seemed happy to be picked up so lightly and high. Indeed, our dad is not very tall or strong....... Good luck, Dad. I secretly cheered him on.



"Leon is here too! Good, good, you're getting bigger."



 



 He came over to me with Marie in his arms and ruffled my head.



"Uncle! You're making my head soggy!

"Don't worry about that! You're a man, right?"



 



 No, I don't understand why you don't care because you're a man....... But I guess this dynamic side of you is one of the things people like about you. He was smiling all the time and his eyes were looking at us very gently.

 

 I think I understand why Marie likes her uncle so much. Marie has a good eye for people.

 

 But that doesn't mean I can rest assured. I have to be wary of any man who gets close to Marie.......! 

  

 As I steeled myself with renewed determination to protect Marie, she had already been put down and was already on her way home.

 

 You're early! Marie, don't leave your brother behind. Marie, don't leave your brother," I thought as I hurried after her.



"Uncle and Aunt, I'll be back. See you later, Nicolas and Luke.

"Yes, see you.



"Marie, wait a minute! Don't leave your brother here!



 



 Marie stopped in front of the door and looked at me with a frown.



She stopped in front of the door and looked at me with a fierce stare, "Because you've been so absent-minded lately. You don't listen to me when I talk to you, do you?



 



 Marie stared at me. Oh no, that's not good. Did you notice that I've been thinking a lot?  But I'm sure she hasn't noticed that I'm not Leon....... I'm still okay.......



"No, I'm not! I'm listening to you. It's just that I get a little fuzzy most of the time! I'll be more careful from now on."



 



 I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure it's a good idea.



"I'll be careful from now on.

"Yes! I will listen to you. I'm sorry.

"Okay, I'm coming in.

"Yeah."



 



 Marie opened the door and walked into the house. I let out a sigh of relief and followed her into the house. I'll have to be more careful from now on.



"I'm home!

"Oh, you're back? Welcome home.

"How was it? Did you pick any fruit?



 



 Mom and Dad were in the kitchen, but they peeked out from the counter.

 

 Marie climbed up on a chair at the counter and opened a burlap sack to reveal the contents.



"Look, Mom, Dad! Look how many I picked!

"Oh, look, raspberries. Oh, they're raspberries. That's a lot of raspberries.

"It's true. We can eat a lot of them. Shall we eat them together after dinner?

"Yes! I'm looking forward to it!



 



 Marie was transferring the raspberries into the large wooden bowl that her father had given her. She smiles and looks very happy. She must really like raspberries.

 

 I'd like them a little sweeter....... If I had sugar, I'd make jam.......

 

 I'll have to ask my mom about the sugar.



"Mom, do you have any sweet condiments?"

"Sweet condiments? Why?

"Well, ......, yes! I thought if there was a sweetener, it would make the raspberries sweeter."



 



 It's not unnatural, is it ......? Please let there be sugar!



"I'm sure you'll agree. Honey or sugar, maybe.

"You have sugar?

"Leon, do you know what sugar is?

"No, no, I just happened to hear about it. There's a sweet condiment called sugar.

"Oh, yeah. But you can't find sugar or honey around here.

"What? Why not?

"Because the commoners are not rich enough to spend money on sweets, so they can't sell sugar and honey. Sugar and honey don't sell well because commoners are not rich enough to spend money on sweets, and they are more expensive than other seasonings.



 



 You mean there is sugar at ......? It doesn't mean it's not in this world. Now we just have to figure out how to get it!



"So where can I find it?

"I think you can find it in the centre of King's Landing.

"The centre of King's Landing?

"Yes. This is the western outskirts of the capital. The city centre is where the king lives and the nobles live. There are a lot of high-class stores that sell goods there.



 



 So there are kings and nobles after all.......!  Maybe you have to be a nobleman to eat sweets ......?



"Can I go there and buy it?

"Probably not. I heard that many stores in the city centre are only open to nobles and their relations. And even if they do, it's too expensive to buy.

"I see.......

"Besides, the city centre is far away. It's more than two hours away by carriage.

"I see............. Then I'll give up.......

"That's a good idea. Leon is eight years old now, so I'll tell you what, you don't want to get the attention of the nobility. I think it's safe to say that they don't come around here often, but you don't want to be rude to them. There are good nobles, but there are also unreasonable ones."



 



 I'm afraid of nobles....... I'd rather stay away from them if I can. But I can't believe the sugar is at the nobleman's!

 

 I guess I'd better find another place that sells it.



"Thanks, Mom! I'll give up the sweet condiments! The raspberries are delicious just as they are."



 



 I smiled at her and reassured her. I smiled and reassured her, for she had been looking scared.

 

 I smiled at her and reassured her.



"After dinner, let's have raspberries!

"Yes!



 



 But it's hard to eat those raspberries. ...... Is there any way to make them taste better without sugar?

 

 What would be good .................. to put on French toast? Or mix them into pancakes!

 

 Maybe you could mix it into the pancakes! That's what I thought, and I immediately asked my mom if I could use the kitchen.



"Mom! I have an idea for a dish using raspberries. Can I use the kitchen?"

"Leon, really? I've never cooked before......."



 



 It was unnatural for me to think of a recipe when I've never cooked before. ......? But I definitely want to make it. That stuff is too sour.



"It's because I watched my mom and dad cook."



 



 I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.



"She laughed and patted me on the head, "Well, I guess I'll let you cook.

"Leon is going to cook? Dad, I'm looking forward to it.



 



 Dad smiled and said he was looking forward to it. I'll have to do my best!



"I'll clear a space for Leon to cook, so you can clean up your stuff and wash your hands first.

"Yes!

"Marie, you go with Leon to clean up the dishes.

"All right! My brother is going to cook? I can't wait!



 



 Marie is innocently looking forward to it. This is putting a lot of pressure on me....... I hope it's delicious.



 



 Marie and I came upstairs to the storage room and set down our stuff. When we unloaded the baskets, I realized that I had forgotten about the firewood. It would be better to take the firewood to the kitchen, so I'd have to bring it downstairs again.



"Marie, you forgot about the firewood. Let's take it downstairs.

"Yes! I need my allowance!



 



 Marie seemed to have shifted her attention from the raspberries to her allowance. I'm not sure what I'm going to buy with my allowance.



"Let's go downstairs.



 



 I went downstairs with Marie and the basket of firewood and found Mom just coming out of the kitchen.



"She was just coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah, thanks. Can you leave it in the firewood bin in the kitchen?

"Yes



 



 Marie and I went into the kitchen and stacked the branches on the firewood pile at the end of the kitchen.



"Thank you for picking up the firewood.

"Thanks. I picked up a lot of wood!

"I got a lot!



 



 He patted her head gently.



"I'll put the basket down and go wash my hands.

"Me too!



 



 We went back upstairs to put the baskets down and went into the living room to go to the patio, where Mom was waiting for us.



"Here's your allowance for bringing in the firewood, you two.

"Yay! Thank you!

"Thanks, Mom.

"Don't worry, you can buy something from the stall.

"Yeah!



 



 Marie and I put the money in our crates.

 

 There are four small crates in the living room, which I use to store my most precious things.

 

 After putting the money away, Marie and I went to the courtyard to get some water from the well and wash our hands.

 

 Marie was going to rest in the living room afterwards. I have to make pancakes!  Let's go for it!



"I'll go to the kitchen then.

"Yeah! Make me a nice meal, big brother!

"Okay, I will. I'll do my best.



 



 With that, I headed for the kitchen.


Comments

  1. I smiled at her and reassured her. I smiled and reassured her, for she had been looking scared.

    I smiled at her and reassured her.

    Why is it so repetitive?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts