I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 6-: Raspberry pancake
( TL By GUST )


When I got to the kitchen, Dad was continuing to prepare the evening menu, but Mom was waiting for me with raspberries and a space open.



"Thank you, Mom.

"No problem, I'm interested in Leon's cooking.

"I'm really looking forward to it.

"Don't get your hopes up, okay? I don't know if it will be good.



 



 I don't want you to get your hopes up. I don't have any sugar, and I'm not sure how to make it, so I don't know if it will be good. ......

 

 I don't know if I can make it work. ......



"I'm not sure how to make it. What else do I need to prepare besides raspberries?"



 



 I think pancakes can be made with flour, eggs, milk and sugar....... Maybe I should have cooked more..................

 

 I don't know. But do we have milk? I don't have a refrigerator and there doesn't seem to be any milk.



"Um, do you have milk?"

"No, we don't have milk here. We don't have milk here, we can't store it, and sometimes we have it in the winter, but not now.



 



 I knew it....... If we don't have milk, we'll have to make it with water, right? I believe there were also pancakes made with flour, water and eggs. But in that case, you sweeten it with sugar, so it's delicious. Since I don't have sugar, I'll have flour, water, and eggs flavoured with raspberries, but will that be good?

 

 Well, everything's a challenge.



"Mom, I need flour, eggs and water, do you have any?

"Yes, we do."



 



 Mom quickly prepared the ingredients.



"That's everything. What are you going to do with all this?

"Well, you mix it all together in a bowl.

"It's like bread, isn't it? Is it bread you're making?

"It's like bread, but different.



 



 I put the eggs and water in a bowl and mixed them, then added the flour. I think it was pretty sloppy, so I guess that's about it.

 

 As I was making it like that, my mom stopped me with a pale face.



"Leon! Wait a minute. You're making a mess with that much water!

"That's what this dish is supposed to be.

"But won't it go to waste?

"It's fine....... Do you have any recipes like this?

"No, I don't. When I make bread, I only add a little water to make it hard, and I don't add eggs. Flour is basically only used to make bread, and eggs are only boiled or baked.



 



 That shouldn't have developed this world cuisine....... Let's make a little bit of everything we can remember. Eggs are so convenient.



"But that's my recipe."



 



 But my recipe is still good. Well, I've never cooked before, so it's natural for her to be anxious.

 

 When I was in trouble, my father came to my rescue.



"Roana, since Leon is so motivated, why don't you just let him try? Just make a little at a time so it doesn't go to waste.

"That's true. Leon, little by little.

"Yes! Thanks, Dad!



 



 Thanks, Dad. ......! I'll definitely do something for you next time! It's not much I can do, but I promise!



"Okay! I think that's about right."



 



 I stopped my hand when it was just the right consistency. All I had to do was put the raspberries in here and it was done.

 

 I looked up and saw my mom and dad with stunned looks on their faces.



They said, "Leon, ......? Are you sure that's all there is to it? Are you going to eat it?"



 



 Dad asked me fearfully.



"No! It's still in the process of being made. It's still in the process of being baked with raspberries.

"No wonder it doesn't look good if it's still in the process.



 



 That's what my mother said. You don't have to look at me like I'm some kind of monster!  Well, it certainly looks disgusting as it is. ......

 

 I'd better finish this as soon as possible.

 

 I rinsed the bowl where I had beaten the eggs earlier with water, put the raspberries in it and started mashing them with a wooden spoon. I could have put them in as they were, but I thought it would soak up the flavour better if I mashed them.

 

 He didn't know what it would taste like to Leon anymore.

 

 After mashing the raspberries for a while, he put them into the bowl he had just mixed. Then he mixed them again.

 

 After mixing them together, I added some of the raspberries as they were. I thought it might be better to have the texture of the berries.



"All right! It's done! Now all I need to do is bake it. Can I use a frying pan?

Can I use your pan?" "Yes, you can. Use this pan. Use this pan. I'll light it in a minute.



 



 Then she put her hand over the wood in the kiln and muttered, "Spark. Then the firewood, which had not burned at all until a moment ago, started to burn.

 

 I was so surprised that I was speechless, but I thought, "Is this magic? I thought. I had seen it in Leon's memory, but this was the first time I had actually seen it.

 

 It's amazing! It's cool! It's another world! I was getting excited in my mind.

 

 According to Leon's memory, both his mother and father had fire as an attribute, but their magic power was so low that they could only use it once a day.

 

 I can't wait to try my hand at magic too!  I'm really looking forward to going to the church to measure my magic power!

 

 I'm really looking forward to going to the church to measure my magic power..." As I stood there staring at the kiln, thinking about this, my mother spoke to me.



"Leon? What's wrong with you? Shouldn't you be baking soon?"



 



 I came back to myself from my fantasy of magic. That's right, I'm making pancakes right now at .......



"I'm sorry mom, I was just thinking how cool magic is.

"I'm sorry mom, I thought magic was cool. Let's go to church sometime.

"Yes! I'm looking forward to it!



 



 Leon is eight years old and will soon be able to use magic.



"You need to finish your cooking, not your magic.

"Yes."



 



 I decided to suppress my excitement about magic and concentrate on the cooking.

 

 This kitchen is a type of cooking stove that can be used by adults standing up, so I had a step stool placed in front of the stove and tried to cook pancakes.

 

 But as I was about to cook, I realized that the pancakes tasted better with butter. But as I started to cook, I realized that butter would be better. But we didn't have milk, so why not?



"Mom, do you have butter?"

"Butter? We don't use it much, so I'm not sure.



 



 Mom was searching the shelves. Is butter okay? We don't have a refrigerator or anything.......

 

 Just as I was thinking that, she seemed to have found the butter.



"There it is! There's only a little left, are you okay?"



 



 I saw that there was about a spoonful, so it would be enough.



"It's okay!"



 



 I wondered if it was rotten, but it looked normal and didn't smell weird, so it must be okay.

 

 So I put some butter in a frying pan and put it on the fire. As the butter began to melt, I poured the mixture I had just made into the pan. It was a little bit too much, so I decided to split it into two portions, so only half was used.

 

 I remembered that I was supposed to turn it over when it started popping and bubbling.

 

 I waited for a while, but there were no bubbles. But I think it's already burned. ...... I looked at the back side and it's pretty much burned. I think I should turn it over now. I think I'm going to burn it.

 

 I get another, larger wooden spatula and try to turn it over. But it doesn't work. This is difficult.......

 

 After a while of struggling, my dad came to my rescue.



"You want to turn it over? I'll do it.

"Really? Thanks, Dad.



 



 I handed him a frying pan and a wooden spatula, and he easily turned it over.

 

 You're a great cook!



"Dad, you're awesome! You're so cool!

"It's cool! - Really? That makes me happy.



 



 Dad is smiling very happily.



"It's starting to smell good.

"Yeah! It looks delicious.



 



 It's been smelling pretty good for a while now. It's not the smell of pancakes, but it's ...... good anyway, the smell is a success.



"I'm sure it smells great. They didn't look very tasty before they were cooked.



 



 My mom is too straightforward, isn't she? Well, I can't help it then, I thought as I looked at the half-eaten pancakes.

 

 Isn't it about time? I checked the underside of the pancake with a wooden spatula, and it seemed to be cooked well.



"Good! It's done! Do you have a plate?

"Here, use this.

"Thank you.



 



 I put the pancakes in the bowl Mom had given me.

 

 I put the pancake in the bowl Mom had given me and cooked the other one in the same way. It smelled so good. I was getting hungry.



"We have a little more time before we open for the night, so why don't we all eat as a snack?

"Sure. But I'm worried about the fire in the kiln, so let's eat in the kitchen, even though it's not polite. Mom will go get Marie.

"Are you sure? Yes!

"Leon, why don't you and Dad cut it up into four portions?

"Yes!



 



 After this conversation, Mom went to the living room to get Marie, while Dad and I cut up the pancakes and put them on four plates.

 

 Just as we were finishing, the kitchen door opened and Marie walked in!



She said, "Your food is ready! It smells so good!

"It's ready. Will you eat it?

"Yes! I've been looking forward to it!



 



 I handed out forks to everyone, hoping it would be good, but I was nervous.



"Let's eat it then. Itadakimasu!

"Bon appétit!"



 



  I took a bite of the pancake with trepidation. Moxie ...... moxie ...... not bad!

 

 Obviously, it's not a pancake, but it's damn good! It's a little bit chewy, more like okonomiyaki in texture. It's a little chewy, more like okonomiyaki, and less sour than when I ate the raspberries as they were.



 



 I'm not sure if I can call it a success, but if it doesn't taste bad, I guess it's a success. It might be rather addictive.

 

 As I was eating my pancakes in peace, I noticed that everyone was quiet.

 

 I looked at everyone, and saw that Mom and Dad had taken a bite of their pancakes and were frozen. Marie continued to eat in silence.

 

 Didn't it taste good? ......?



"Guys, could it be that it's not good ......?"



 



 I asked her, worried. I thought it was pretty good, but maybe it wasn't to my taste?

 

 I thought it was pretty good, but maybe it wasn't to my taste?



"Leon, no! I was just surprised at how good it tasted. The texture is very interesting.

"Yes, it is. I was surprised that it tasted so good. I thought it would never taste good.

"Big brother! It's delicious! I love the texture! You should make it again!"



 



 I'm glad you were just surprised ....... I exhaled, very relieved.

 

 I was so relieved and exhaled. I thought about this and relaxed my tense face.



"I'm glad you said it was delicious.

"It's really good, the ingredients are simple and can be arranged.

"Leon has a talent for cooking, doesn't he?  I think you have a talent for cooking, you should try to make some of the dishes you come up with.

"Really? Thank you!



 



 I'm sure there's some parental favouritism involved, but I'm glad. I'll try my best to make more delicious food.

 

 It's a little complicated because it wasn't my idea, but I'm glad everyone was happy.



"It's over now. It was really good, big brother!

"Marie, was it good? It was good. I'll make it again.

"Yes! Let's go pick raspberries again!

"Yeah.



 



 Marie seemed to really enjoy the food. She smiled with satisfaction.

 

 At that moment, we heard the night bell.

"It's already time. I'll start the business at night."

"That's right. Can I ask Leon and Marie, the cafeteria?"

"Yes!"



Comments

Popular Posts