The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 382: Phoenix Tribe

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"What? Are there other 'strongest species' as well?"

"Do you know about the plains to the west of here, which are similar to this area?"

"Yes. I’ve never been there, but I have a map."

"Oh, you have a map of this continent. Whoever made that map must be quite skilled. Oops, sorry, I got sidetracked. It happens when you get older; you tend to ramble on."

Shigure-san showed me a friendly smile.

I had heard that, similar to the spirit race, they grew disillusioned with humans and vanished...

But despite that, she's been fairly friendly toward me and Chiffon, hasn't she?

It’s said that because Sakura is close to them, they trust us as well.

Is it really that simple, like 'if my grandchild trusts you, then I do too'?

I don’t think the trust is a lie. However, I believe there might be some other hidden reasons for this trust.

"What’s on your mind?"

"Oh, nothing… it’s nothing."

I need to focus. I’m curious, but for now, I should ask about the other 'strongest species.'

"Is it possible for you to tell me about the other 'strongest species'?"

"Oh, sure."

Shigure-san nodded once and then began to speak slowly.

"To the west, in the plains, there’s the entrance to a vast dungeon. Or rather... I should call it a former dungeon."

"Former...? What do you mean by that?"

"The 'strongest species' in question uses that dungeon as their home. That’s why I called it a 'former dungeon.'"

"I see..."

For a species to make a dungeon their home... they must be incredibly strong. Normally, no one would even think of doing something like that. And even if they did, they wouldn’t have the power to pull it off.

As expected of the 'strongest species.' They are indeed an exceptional existence.

"Unlike us, they don’t take on a different form during their childhood. Their appearance is very similar to humans. One of their notable features is, well... their ability to control fire."

"Control fire... So they don’t have healing abilities?"

"No."

Shigure-san shook her head. Then, after pausing to think, she started piecing together her words.

"Although they control fire, they aren’t specialized in offensive abilities. The power you’re looking for, the power to heal, they possess it. It’s called the 'flames of healing.'"

"The flames of healing..."

"Yes, these flames are not violent, despite being flames. They’re gentle, they won’t burn the skin. In fact, they envelop you in warmth. It’s said they can even bring the dead back to life."

"Really!?"

"That’s just what I’ve heard. We know a fair bit about the Phoenix tribe, but... we can’t say for sure whether they possess that much power."

"I see..."

Not everything can go exactly as I hope. Still, I felt a little disappointed.

But at least now, there’s a path forward. A 'strongest species' that possesses healing powers truly exists. Now, if I can somehow secure their cooperation...

"Why did the Phoenix tribe move to the northern continent?"

"Ah... about that..."

Shigure-san made a bitter face. I had a bad feeling.

"They’re much like us or the spirit tribe. They grew tired of humans and moved to the northern continent, where there are no humans. Since it happened around the same time as us, it likely didn’t get recorded."

"I see..."

"However, there’s one major issue."

"An issue?"

"They deeply resent humans."

According to Shigure-san...

In the past, humans and the Phoenix tribe were good friends and walked the same path together. But once humans learned that the Phoenix tribe had the power to revive the dead, they began to seek them out.

They asked for their family members to be resurrected. They asked for their friends to be brought back to life.

Their greed didn’t stop there...

They demanded to be taught how to return to life after dying. They sought the secret to immortality. Their requests became more and more unreasonable.

Disillusioned with humans, the Phoenix tribe tried to distance themselves, much like the Wolf tribe did. But humans wouldn’t allow it.

Just as they had done with the Celestial tribe before, humans were about to step over the line.

As a result, a conflict arose between humans and the Phoenix tribe. The relationship between the two deteriorated to its worst point. The Phoenix tribe eventually fled to the northern continent, seeing humans as their complete enemy.

"…What a mess."

After hearing such a terrible story, I couldn't help but hold my head in my hands. I don’t know who exactly, but people from the past really did some unnecessary things.

"Well... with that kind of background, it might be even more difficult," Chiffon said, her face clouded with concern.

And she’s right. Exactly right.

The Phoenix tribe hated having their powers exploited, so they relocated to the northern continent. Meanwhile, we’ve come all this way, relying on the power of that very same Phoenix tribe.

There’s no way things are going to go smoothly. I can already feel trouble brewing.

"We, the Wolf tribe and the spirit tribe, just dislike humans. We might treat them coldly, but we don’t attack unless provoked. However, the Phoenix tribe is different... If they spot a human, they’ll attack on sight without question. To them, humans are no different from monsters."

"They’re not monsters, though," Kanade said, pouting in frustration.

I understand how she feels. I really do. But... at the same time, I can somewhat understand the feelings of the Phoenix tribe.

From what Shigure-san said, it sounds like they went through something pretty terrible in the past. Just like Iris did...

After experiencing something like that, it’s no wonder they view humans as their enemies.

"Well... that’s about all I can tell you about the Phoenix tribe. I can give you the exact location, but you’ll almost certainly be attacked. The entire tribe would unleash their fury. I can already see how it’ll turn out... So, what will you do?"

"Of course, we’ll go."

The moment I answered, Shigure-san’s eyes widened in surprise.

"...Were you not listening to what I said?"

"I was... probably, we'll be attacked without question, right? There won’t even be time for discussion, and convincing them will be difficult from the start. Since our goal involves healing abilities, it’s likely that the situation will become even more complicated."

"If you understand that much... then why are you still willing to go?"

"…Because there’s a child who is suffering."

Having experienced something terrible in the past, Iris has been living in darkness ever since...

I can’t forget the hollow smile she occasionally shows. A smile that seems to say that it doesn’t matter whether she’s alive or not... that empty smile is burned into my mind and won't leave me.

"I want... Iris to smile again. I want to see her genuine smile once more."

Back when I spoke to Iris without knowing anything, it felt like she was laughing happily.

I sincerely wish to bring back that kind of smile.

"So, no matter what happens, no matter what awaits... I will just move forward."

TL Note- Rain's party vs Phoenix Tribe.....



Comments

Popular Posts