The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 380: To the North

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


Had we been following the wolf for about a day?

Of course, we took breaks along the way.

At night, the wolf would come back to me, curl up as if leaning against me, and fall asleep on its own.

I wonder if this wolf is of the strongest kind? Does it have healing powers?

I’m curious about a lot of things, but I can’t ask, since we can’t communicate.

That’s a shame.

Well, for now, I should think positively about the fact that we’ve gained some clues.

If I only focus on the negative, my heart will give out.

And so, morning comes again.

We’re probably heading toward the northeastern plains, but...

“Ofu…”

After we’d traveled a bit, the wolf stopped and looked at me as if it wanted to say something.

It was pawing the ground restlessly. It seemed frustrated, but… sorry, I still don’t understand your language.

“Nyan!” “Woof!”

Suddenly, Kanade started talking to the wolf.

“Nya?” “Woof, ofu.” “Nya nya, nya.” “Whine…”

From an outsider’s perspective, it was a pretty strange sight.

Can cats really talk to dogs?

“… I see, got it.”

“Hey, did you understand what it was saying?”

“Sort of. It’s asking if we can go faster. It seems like it’ll take quite a while at this pace.”

“I see.”

Sure enough, we must feel very slow to the wolf.

Wolves are said to cover quite a distance in a single day, so I can see why it would be frustrated.

But what can we do?

I have powers I’ve gained from my contract, and Kanade is from the Cat Spirit Tribe, so we can keep running for a long time.

But the other three might struggle.

“Rain.”

While I was pondering, Rifa spoke up.

For some reason, she had a smug look on her face.

“Leave it to me.”

“You’ve got a solution?”

“Yep.”

Rifa nodded once, then bit her thumb, causing blood to flow.

“Come.”

As the blood fell to the ground, instead of being absorbed by the soil, the scene changed as if ripples were spreading across a lake.

From there, four large wolves, Rifa’s familiars, appeared.

“You can ride them.”

“You had four of them?”

“Two can fight. The other two are still pups.”

… I’m a beast tamer, but I couldn’t tell the difference.

They all look like the same wolf to me, but I guess Rifa, as their master, can tell them apart.

“Since Nina and I are small, we’ll ride together. The rest of you can each take one.”

“You’re a lifesaver. Thanks, Rifa.”

“Aah…”

As I petted her head, she made a blissful face.

She even leaned in as if wanting more, so I gave her some extra pats.

“Nyaa…” “Hmm…” “So nice…”

Even Kanade and Nina were watching enviously, and for some reason, even Chiffon looked a bit jealous.

――――――――――

After changing our mode of transportation, the journey went smoothly.

Our speed increased significantly, and we were covering ground at a rate many times faster than initially planned.

And then... two days later.

We arrived at the northeastern plains, our original destination. There, a small village had been built.

Countless tents were set up in the middle of the vast plain. I thought they might be nomads, but the tents were sturdier than expected, indicating they weren’t easily movable.

In the back of the village, a fence had been constructed, and cattle were grazing freely. There were also a few sheep and small dogs mixed in.

And… the inhabitants of this village had dog ears and large, fluffy tails. They looked somewhat similar to Kanade from the Cat Spirit Tribe, but they were a distinctly different species. This could be... something interesting.

"Woof!"

"Oh?"

As the wolf barked, the villagers noticed us. By the way, I had Rifa put away her familiars, so as not to unnecessarily provoke them.

"Sakura, you've come back, huh? And... who are these folks?"

"Woof!"

"I see... you brought them because you liked them. Hmm... well, that's fine. It’s a good thing you can make decisions on your own. Well done, well done."

“Hahaha…”

The wolf seemed very happy, getting its head patted.

"Hmm... A Cat Spirit, a Divine, and an Oni. You've got quite a mix of strong species here. And two humans as well... It must have been quite a journey to make it all the way here. Come on in, I'll make you some tea."

"Oh? Ah, thank you very much."

I had been expecting that the strongest species living on the Northern Continent might not be very friendly, so their warm hospitality caught me by surprise.

Maybe I was too cautious?

Relaxing a bit, we followed them into a large tent. The inside was neat, with all the essentials for daily life.

"Here, have some tea. I made yours lukewarm, young lady of the Cat Spirit Tribe."

“Thank you.”

We sipped the tea first. It had quite a strong bitterness, but strangely, it also had a deep flavor that was somewhat addictive.

"Now then… before we talk, how about we introduce ourselves?"

"Good idea. I’m Rain Shroud, a human."

"I’m Chiffon Nox, also a human."

"I’m Kanade. As you can see, I’m from the Cat Spirit Tribe."

"Nina… Divine…"

"Rifa. Oni."

After hearing our introductions, the elder tilted her head curiously.

"Before I introduce myself, may I ask a question? Rain… Oh, can I call you by your name?"

"Yes, of course."

"Then… Rain, are you a companion of these strongest species?"

"Rain is our master!" Kanade suddenly said, which could easily cause a misunderstanding.

"Wait a second!"

I panicked as Kanade's statement might lead to some confusion.

"We're companions, companions! What Kanade meant is that I’ve formed contracts with them, which is why she said that…"

"A contract, you say?"

"Yes, I’m a Beast Tamer. I’ve formed contracts with them, so Kanade’s statement wasn’t meant in a strange way..."

"Oh?"

She seemed very interested.

"A contract with the strongest species, huh? I see, I see… How fascinating. You see a lot of interesting things when you live long enough. Truly fascinating."

"Um...?"

"Oh, sorry about that. Let’s get back on track. I should introduce myself. Come here, Sakura."

"Woof!"

The wolf moved to her side, and she gently petted its back as she slowly began to speak.

"My name is Shigure. And this one here is Sakura. We are from the Wolf Tribe, one of the strongest
 species."

TL Note- Shigure and Sakura?




Comments

Popular Posts