The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 378: Small...

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I am a Beast Tamer.

At first, everyone called me exceptional or extraordinary, though I wasn't really aware of it myself…

Recently, however, I've learned more about my origins, and now I have some confidence in my abilities.

I wouldn't say I can tame anything, but if it's a normal animal, I feel pretty sure I can tame it. Unless it's sick or something, I believe I can succeed with a 100% success rate.

And yet…

"Why am I failing…?!"

I've tried over and over, but I can't tame this wolf.

It's strange.

This has never happened before.

Unconsciously flustered, I ended up standing there in shock.

The wolf, seeing me like that…

"Woof!"

Let out a sharp bark and kicked off the ground with great force.

It dashed straight at me with a thud thud thud!

"Whoa!?"

I took the full force of the charge and got knocked over.

It was stronger than I expected, and I couldn’t put up any resistance.

The wolf then climbed onto my chest and opened its mouth.

I could see its sharp teeth lined up.

And then…

"Rain!?"

"Ah... yeah, I'm fine."

I responded to Kanade, who had let out a scream-like shout, assuring her that there was no problem.

The wolf on top of me…

"Huff, huff, huff... whine!"

It wagged its tail energetically, licking my face with great affection.

My face was completely drenched with its drool.

I don't know why, but it seems to have become incredibly fond of me.

I haven't even fed it, and we just met. Why is this happening?

"Rain, are you okay?"

Kanade and the others came rushing over.

When they saw the wolf on top of me, they were shocked.

"Whoa!? This wolf is pretty big…"

"Really… I don't think I've ever seen such a big wolf. Rain, are you okay?"

Just like Chiffon said, this wolf is unusually large.

Its body length is probably about the same as mine?

Its entire body is covered in thick black fur, with red highlights at the tips, a color pattern I've never seen before.

The claws on its paws are sharp like blades.

However, it seems to be mindful of me, as it curled its paws to make sure the claws didn’t pierce me.

Its tail is really big.

It's almost as big as its body, and if you looked at it from a distance, you might not be able to tell which was its body.

Upon closer inspection, I also noticed a small horn on its forehead.

Even though it's small, the horn is sharp like a spear and clearly stands out…

"…Wait, a horn?"

A regular wolf shouldn’t have something like that, and I couldn't help but stare in confusion.

It’s not a mistake—there’s definitely a horn growing.

This guy is…

"Not a wolf."

Before I could answer myself, Rifa spoke up, cutting me off.

"There, there. Good boy."

"Whine."

Rifa coaxed the wolf to get off of me and then petted its head.

The wolf seemed to like Rifa too, making a pleased sound as she stroked its head.

And it wasn’t just Rifa.

It also showed a friendly attitude toward Kanade, Chiffon, and Nina, who touched it timidly.

"You're a smart one. Do you want to be one of my familiars?"

"Woof."

"Too bad."

The wolf shook its head.

Did it understand what was just said…?

If it did, then its intelligence must be considerable.

“Is this wolf some kind of monster?”

“I don’t think so, but…”

It’s no wonder Chiffon thinks that way.

It has features that normal wolves don’t have, and its intelligence and strength are unusually high.

But a monster becoming attached to a human is unheard of.

It would be different if a Monster Tamer had control over it, but…

I haven’t done that, and I can’t.

So… what is it, really?

This wolf is a complete mystery.

"Meow…"

Kanade stared intently at the wolf.

The wolf stared back at her just as intently.

"Meow!"

"Woof!"

They both cried out at each other.

It was almost like they were having a conversation.

“Kanade, do you understand what that thing is?”

“Hmm… I don’t have any proof, but…”

After a pause, Kanade shared her conclusion.

“This wolf… might be one of the strongest species.”

“What!?”

Chiffon and I exclaimed in unison.

However, Nina and Rifa didn’t seem surprised, as if they had reached the same conclusion as Kanade.

“Is that really true?”

“I can’t say for sure, since I don’t have proof. But knocking Rain down like that? There’s no way a normal wolf or some random monster could do that.”

Now that I think about it, she’s right.

“The fact that Rain couldn’t form a temporary contract also makes sense if this wolf is one of the strongest species. No matter how good Rain is, he couldn’t just casually form a temporary contract with one of the strongest species… though if it’s Rain, I wouldn’t be surprised if he managed.”

“Don’t say such reckless things. Even I can’t do that.”

Forming a permanent contract might be possible, but there’s no way anyone could bind one of the strongest species with just a temporary contract.

“And this is just a hunch, but… I feel a certain connection with this wolf. Like a sense of empathy, something only the strongest species would have. It feels like we’re comrades or something.”

“I see…”

Since it was Kanade, one of the strongest species, saying this, it was surprisingly convincing.

“Are you one of the strongest species?”

“Woof!”

Whether it understood my question or not, the wolf barked energetically.

TL Note- The strongest wolf ?



Comments

Popular Posts