The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 375: Helper

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Ah..."

When I opened my eyes, I saw the ceiling of the inn's room.

I... Chiffon Nox, sat up and looked around the room.

Mille-feuille and Chocolat were asleep in their beds.  
Nothing seemed particularly strange; they were just sleeping normally.

"Uh, me..."

Why am I here?  
I thought about it... and then immediately remembered.

"That's right... I did something that felt like betrayal, and then I lost to Rain-kun..."

Recalling my actions...

"Aaaaah...!?"

I held my head in my hands.

"What have I done... Just because it was hard, I ran away to the easier path... Ugh, this is so embarrassing. Even Rain-kun must have gone through painful experiences, but despite that, I... Oh, seriously, what's wrong with me..."

A deep sigh escaped me.

I was disappointed in myself.

"I... I don't deserve to be a hero."

I chose the easy way out, not facing forward to fight... I'm just a mess.  
It's truly shameful.

After fighting Rain-kun and experiencing his strength firsthand, I understand now.  
The most important thing is to have the strength to keep walking forward, no matter what happens.  
I had forgotten that.

Someone like me doesn't have the right to call themselves a hero...

"But... Giving up here, coming to a quick conclusion and quitting like this, that would be even worse. I need to report everything, and then Lord Argus will decide about me. If I just return my title because I don't feel worthy, that would be way too irresponsible, and I'm just running away again. Right now, I need to make an effort to remain who I am."

I made a mistake...  
But that doesn't mean everything is over.  
I can start walking again.  
Yes, because Rain-kun taught me that.

――――――――――

Chiffon had woken up, so I headed to the inn where they were staying.

When I opened the door and entered the room...

"Sorry!!!"  
"We're sorry—"  
"My apologies."

Chiffon, Mille-feuille, and Chocolat were lined up side by side, suddenly bowing their heads to me.

I was completely taken aback by the unexpected apology.

"Uh...?"  
"I'm really sorry, Rain-kun... I still have all my memories. In fact, I was mostly acting on my own will... I wasn’t being controlled."

"So, does that mean when you fought me too?"

"...Yes."

Chiffon looked down, truly apologetic... and embarrassed.

"I caused you so much trouble, didn't I? I'm really sorry!"

Chiffon kept bowing her head over and over.  
She seemed almost ready to fall into a full bow at any moment.

"Ah, no... It's fine, really. I’m not bothered by it."

"But..."  
"Really, don’t worry about it. I think I understand your feelings, Chiffon, in my own way."

I had also been trapped in a dream at first.  
If Iris hadn’t helped me, I might never have awakened.  
When I think about that, I can’t bring myself to blame Chiffon.

"Thank you... Rain-kun, you're so kind."  
"It’s not like that."  
"No, I think you're kind. That’s one of your virtues, Rain-kun."  
"Um..."  
"Oh, he’s getting embarrassed."  
"Hehe, how cute."

"You two should reflect more seriously."  
"We're sorry!"  
"Haha..."

Things had been tense because of Iris, but seeing the three of them getting along eased the tension a little.

"By the way... Can you tell me what happened after that? It's a bit embarrassing, but I only just woke up recently, so I don't really know what's going on..."

"...Ah, sure."

Explaining the current situation weighed on me a bit.

"Actually..."

Alpha-san agreed to our persuasion and lifted the barrier.  
The mist still lingers, but it should clear up within a day.

And... Iris was gravely injured.  
We’re planning to head to the northern continent to find a way to heal her.

I explained all of this to them.

"So that's what's been happening..."

Chiffon’s face darkened.  
Mille-feuille and Chocolat also wore troubled expressions.

I think they all felt responsible.

Telling them not to worry... that’s impossible.  
Even though we haven’t known each other long, I understand they all have a strong sense of responsibility.

"Rain-kun?"  
"Yeah?"  
"Is there anything we can do to help?"  
"Well..."

To be honest, there is.  
A lot, actually.

Heading to the northern continent brings a lot of uncertainty.  
We’ll have to split the party, which cuts our strength in half.  
If Chiffon and the others could help, that would fill the gap.

And if Mille-feuille could assist in treating Iris, it would lighten Sora and Luna’s load significantly.

"To be honest, we could really use your help. But you three are part of the Hero’s Party."  
"Yes, that’s true. Our mission is to journey in order to defeat the Demon King. That comes first. That’s why repairing the Comet Sword is our top priority."

"Then..."

"But!"

Chiffon spoke firmly.

"Before I’m a hero, I’m a person. If someone is in danger... and if I’m partially responsible for causing that danger... I can’t just turn my back on them."

"Chiffon..."  
"Please. Let me help too."

"Let me help as well! I feel responsible."  
"Same here."

Mille-feuille and Chocolat echoed Chiffon’s words.

"Alright... I understand."

"Then..."

"Please lend us your strength to save Iris."

"Of course!"  
"Absolutely!"  
"Definitely!"

The three of them nodded firmly, their resolve clear.

TL Note- Iris Rescue Arc begins......




Comments

Popular Posts