The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 373: The Healer

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"The most powerful being with healing abilities, huh..."

If that's true, there might be a chance to save Iris.

However, the problem is that this most powerful being is located on the Northern Continent.

The Central, Eastern, and Southern Continents are human territories.

The Western Continent belongs to monsters and demons.

And the Northern Continent... is shrouded in mystery.

What kind of terrain is there? 

What kinds of plants and animals live there?

Do humans live there, or monsters, or perhaps this most powerful being... Even that is unknown.

It’s a land full of mysteries, completely unexplored.

"What’s the name of this most powerful being?"

"I'm sorry, I don’t know that. During my research, while thinking about creating a utopia, I found a document. It said there’s a most powerful being on the Northern Continent with exceptional healing abilities..."

"A document, huh... How reliable is it?"

"There's no issue with its authenticity. It's something the Oni tribe has been recording for generations. However, for some reason, detailed information is missing, including the name..."

"I see..."

"The Northern Continent is an unexplored land. Going to such a place would be incredibly dangerous. It might be better to search for another option."

"No, I’m going."

"..."

When I immediately responded, Alpha looked at me with wide eyes.

"Um... were you listening to what I said?"

"Of course. If I go to the Northern Continent, there's a chance I can save Iris, right?"

"That’s true, but... there are a lot of dangers..."

"The most dangerous thing right now is Iris’s life. If there’s even a 1% chance I can save her, I’ll do anything."

"That’s... just like you, Rain."

Alpha, who was first surprised, then softly smiled.

"Maybe I lost to you because of that. Someone like you, with such a pure and strong heart, wouldn't be swayed by my dreams."

"Who knows?"

I can't really say anything definitive since I used to be lost in my dreams myself.

I was only able to come back to reality thanks to Iris.

I was saved by her.

So now, it’s my turn to save her.

"Of course, we’ll go with you!"

"You’re not gonna say something like 'It’s too dangerous, stay behind,' right?"

Kanade and Tania eagerly volunteered.

"Yeah, of course. I’ll need everyone's help."

"Indeed! Use my power to your heart’s content!"

"For Rain and for Iris, Sora will do her very best."

"Gonna... try hard."

"I’ll do my best too!"

"Me too."

Everyone’s full of energy. 

They’re all so dependable. 

With everyone by my side, I’m sure we can save Iris. 

I was certain of that.

"Ah... but, sorry, Sora, Luna... and Tania and Tina, I need you to stay behind."

“"Why!?"”

The four of them shouted in unison.

"Hey, Rain. Fine, I get the part about the clueless twin spirits, but why am I on standby!?"

"Clueless twin spirits!?"

"Why do I have to stay behind too? I’m not okay with this!"

Tania and Tina stepped closer to me. Sora and Luna, who were still treating Iris, couldn’t move but looked equally dissatisfied.

"Hold on, let me explain. It’s not because I want to keep you out of danger like before."

"Then, what’s the reason?"

"First of all, Sora and Luna, I need you two to continue treating Iris in shifts. You can’t stop partway through, right?"

"Ah."

Sora and Luna let out a sound of realization as if they’d just remembered. 

With reactions like that, no wonder Tania calls them clueless...

"Tina, I need you to take care of Sora and Luna. Both of them will be using magic nonstop, so it’s going to be tough. They’ll need support in their daily lives, and you, being a former maid, are perfect for the job, right?"

"Well, that does seem like a job suited for me."

"Tania, I’d like you to protect the three of them in case something happens."

"...Why me? Why not the musclehead cat?"

"That’s a mean thing to say!"

"If we face an enemy that physical attacks don’t work on, Kanade would struggle, right? But you’re an all-rounder, Tania."

"Ugh... I hate to admit it, but I can’t argue with that."

"If we consider the possibility of combat, you're the best choice, Tania. I’m counting on you."

"...So, you're saying you’re relying on me?"

"Of course."

"...Hehe."

"Hehe?"

For some reason, Tania had a sloppy grin on her face, letting out an odd sound.

"Nothing at all."

She quickly returned to her usual serious expression.
What was that just now...?

"In that case, I’ll also help Sora and the others. I’m not as skilled as the two of them, but I do have some knowledge of healing."

"That would be a great help."

Alpha also offered to assist.

When I first heard that Iris’s soul had been wounded, I was filled with despair...
But now, I can see a glimmer of hope.
It’s small and faint, but I’m determined to grab hold of it!

"Hey, hey, Rain. The Northern Continent is unexplored, right? How are we going to get there?"

"That's the problem..."

I don't want to waste too much time.
Ideally, we could use the Spirit Tribe’s village as a shortcut, like when we went to Kagune.
I glance at Sora.

She seems to have picked up on what I was thinking, and after a moment of thought, she speaks up.

"I’m not sure if there’s a door connected to the Northern Continent... I’m sorry."

"There’s no need to apologize."

"But I think my mother would know."

"Al, huh..."

Is she still in Krios?

She did mention she’d stay for a while, so there’s a chance.

"For now, we should head to Krios... Whether or not we can use the Spirit Tribe’s village as a shortcut, we’ll still need to return to Krios."

We’ll probably have to use a carriage, but I wish there were a faster way to travel...

No point in hoping for the impossible, I suppose.

"Oh, Rain, there is a way we can travel to our village from here."

"What, really!?"

"We created a path connecting our home to the village, remember? Using the same method, it’s possible to create a new path. We can’t connect it to just anywhere from the village, but from here, we can create as many paths as we need."

"Ah, I see. Now that you mention it, we did create a path from the house to the village."

"Technically, it’s forbidden to create multiple gates like that... But this is an emergency. I’m sure Mother and the village elder will understand. And even if they don’t, it doesn’t matter."

"Well, the elder is pretty stubborn, so they might object... But if that happens, we’ll just stay silent until he calms down, won’t we?"

"Yep... Thanks, Sora, Luna."

With this, we can save a lot of time.

That faint glimmer of hope feels a little brighter now.

"Wait for me, Iris..."

I gently caress Iris’s cheek as she lies there with a pained expression.

I will definitely save her.

I’ll make sure she smiles again.

"I still haven’t fulfilled my promise to make a contract with you... I won’t let you break that promise."

I will save her.

With renewed determination, I vowed once again.

TL Note- Gotta catch'em all but before that Gotta Save'm All.....



Comments

Popular Posts