The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet




Chapter 353: As a Hero

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Rain, are you okay!?"

"Chiffon!? Why are you here...?"

Chiffon is supposed to be trapped in a dream. Yet, why...

"Lord Rain, now is...!"

"Oh, right, you're right."

I have questions, but now is not the time to pursue them. We need to prioritize repelling the monsters and ensuring the safety of the townspeople.

"Come forth, flames from another world!"

"Gigavolt!"

Iris and Chiffon swept away the monsters with their magic.

"Ha!"

I took out the stragglers with Kamui.

With Chiffon joining us, the front line stabilized tremendously. As expected of the new hero. Her combat prowess is nothing short of remarkable.

"Phew... That should be all of them."

Before long, we annihilated the monsters. Just to be safe, I had several dogs patrol the town, but they found no more monsters. We could relax, for now.

Afterward, we reunited the children with their parents and moved to a deserted square to hear Chiffon's story.

"Though, I don't have much to tell."

"Why were you there, Chiffon?"

"Just by chance. I was out shopping for my mother when I heard some commotion... When I went to check it out, I found you, Rain, and... that girl? fighting the monsters."

Chiffon looked at Iris with a questioning gaze.

"She's Iris, a friend and a potential new ally."

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

Iris and I both reacted with surprise.

"I'm... Lord Rain's friend?"

"Uh, yeah, that's what I thought..."

Was that just my assumption?

"...Haha, it's nothing. I'm just a bit surprised, but I don't mind."

Good. If she'd said, "You're so self-conscious. Don't get the wrong idea," I wouldn't have been able to recover.

"Is that so. Nice to meet you, Iris. I'm Chiffon Nox. Despite appearances, I'm a hero."

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Iris."

After shaking hands with Iris, Chiffon turned to me.

"Why were you and Rain fighting monsters?"

"Well... to be honest, I don't really know."

"You don't know?"

"I was just walking around town with Iris when they suddenly appeared. I'm not sure if they wandered in by chance or if someone sent them. I have no idea."

"I see..."

"I can't ignore what I saw. I'm planning to investigate it further."

"If that's the case, I'll help too."

"Are you sure? Don't you have something to do?"

"Yes, but I'm a hero. Knowing that people in this town might be attacked by monsters, I can't just leave it be. I have to do whatever I can."

Chiffon declared this as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

I'm fairly sure Chiffon is still trapped in her dream. Even so, she hasn't forgotten her duty. She's fighting for others.

That's not something just anyone can do. I now understand why Chiffon was chosen as a hero.

"Chiffon, there's something I'd like to ask you to do. Is that okay?"

"Huh? What is it?"

"I need you to report to the guild. There's no guarantee more monsters won't invade, and we might need additional help. It's best to report to the guild and ask for backup."

"Okay, but why me?"

"I'm just an ordinary adventurer. It would be faster if a hero like you made the report."

I don't know what risks might come from moving around with Chiffon, who's trapped in her dream. She could fall under Alpha's control. Until I understand the situation better, it's safer to avoid moving together. That's my honest reasoning for wanting to split up.

"Rain, you're quite well-known too, though..."

"In situations like this, titles matter more than fame. That's why you're the right person for the job."

"Now that you mention it, yeah... Alright, I'll report to the guild. What about you, Rain?"

"We'll keep looking around the town. There might be something new to discover."

"Be careful, okay? You never know what might happen."

"Got it. You too, Chiffon."

"Will do."

We waved goodbye with smiles and parted ways with Chiffon. We managed to split up smoothly.

"Lord Rain, what will you do after this? Will you proceed with waking up your comrades as originally planned?"

"I need to talk with Nina, Lifa, and Tina. But it's no longer as simple as just waking everyone up."

Someone took advantage of this incident to send monsters into the town. We don't know their purpose, but anyone who uses monsters can't have good intentions. We can't overlook this.

"One problem after another..."

"It is indeed troubling. However, we must tackle each task one by one. There is no other way... and perhaps something will become clear eventually."

"You're right... By the way, speaking of which..."

"What is it?"

"Iris, are you willing to help me? Will you join me in resolving this incident?"

Ever since she woke me up, we've been acting together somewhat naturally. But what does Iris want to do? What are her intentions? I feel like I haven't clearly asked her.

"This really is something to ask at this point."

Iris sighed, slightly exasperated, then looked at me directly.

"I have no objections to cooperating with you, Lord Rain. However, I dislike humans. I don't care what happens to the people of Kagune."

"I see..."

"But... on a personal level, I cannot forgive Alpha. Therefore, I will oppose her."

"Why is that?"

"I, too, was once trapped in her dream. I had a happy dream where my family and friends were alive. It was... utterly unforgivable."

Iris clenched her teeth, as if enduring something, and gripped her chest with trembling hands.

"My father was there. My mother was there. My best friends were there. They were all smiling. It was a very happy dream... which is precisely why I cannot forgive her. Alpha trampled on the deaths of everyone. She arrogantly decided it was better that way and made it as if it never happened. She took away... the deaths of my loved ones."

Iris's eyes narrowed with intense anger. I could understand her feelings.

Losing someone dear is painful and heartbreaking. Even so, the memory of their death is precious. It is an absolute thing that cannot be replaced by anything else.

To dream Alpha's dream is to forget that. It means having those precious memories taken away.

Some people might think that as long as you're happy, it's fine... but neither Iris nor I can accept that. On the contrary, we feel anger at having something precious taken from us.

"Therefore, I will fight alongside you."

"Got it. Can I rely on you?"

"Yes, leave it to me."

Iris placed her hand on her skirt and gave a graceful bow.

TL Note: Iris officially joins the party(temp).



Comments

Popular Posts