The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 318 VS Weiss Part 2

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Ooooooh!!!"

"Hmph... charging recklessly like a fool with only one tactic in mind, huh?"

Upon witnessing the action, Weiss let out a disappointed sigh.

With a pitiful glance directed towards me, he raised his right hand.

"I heard Monica say you were somewhat skilled, but... in the end, you're just a human. To be consumed by anger in the midst of battle, it's nothing but foolishness. I'm tired of this. Perish."

Weiss swung down his right hand.

Multiple threads of magical energy approached like a guillotine.

My heart was filled with anger at that moment.

All was dominated by anger towards Weiss.

That was the situation.

Normally, rational judgment and action wouldn't be possible.

It wouldn't be possible, but...

"What!?"

For the first time here, Weiss exclaimed in surprise.

I skillfully entangled multiple threads of magical energy with Kamui, preventing all of them.

It required not only strength but also precise manipulation.

"You fool!? How could you... being consumed by anger, you couldn't possibly do that!!!"

"Don't underestimate me."

Indeed, being consumed by anger is troublesome.

Like when I fought Arios before...

My field of vision narrows, and my concentration decreases.

In battle, anger is nothing but a hindrance.

However, my current situation was completely different.

The intense anger... sharpened my mind instead.

The intense anger was giving me more power than ever before.

Hurting Rifa's heart, tormenting her brother's soul...

There's no way I could forgive Weiss for that.

The blazing heart was giving me unprecedented strength.

Anger beyond a certain threshold isn't a weakness; it gives you power.

I understood that well.

"Wooooah!!!"

Ignoring the pain, I dove into Weiss's embrace.

Weiss hastily formed a shield with threads of magic, but I punched through it without hesitation.

An impact akin to hitting iron.

My fist shattered, blood flowed...

But I didn't stop.

Breaking through the shield of magical threads, my fist deeply plunged into Weiss's abdomen.

"What!? You fool...!?"

"Cut it out already... hurting Rifa's heart, doing as you please... I'll never forgive you!!! Don't think you can continue to do as you please!!! Don't think you can keep laughing forever!!! I'll wipe that smirk off your face!!!"

"Damn... a mere human! Don't get cocky with flukes!"

Having been injured himself, Weiss swung both hands in a furious expression.

Following his movement, the threads of magic converged... like tornadoes from both sides, assaulting me.

The collective of magical threads rotated at high speed, cutting and reducing everything they touched to dust.

Normally, I wouldn't have a way to dodge or defend against it.

Despite having made a contract with the strongest species, fundamentally, I'm human.

I don't have outstanding abilities or special powers.

I shouldn't be able to withstand such a powerful attack.

But...

"What!?"

Weiss exclaimed in astonishment.

The answer was quite simple.

My figure, having touched the collective of magical threads, vanished like a mirage.

"Gone without a trace? No, wait... where!?"

"Right here."

"What!?"

Having circled around behind Weiss, I slashed his back with Kamui.

Perhaps due to his agitation, Weiss's movements were sluggish.

In the midst of his confusion...

I swung Kamui once more.

This time, I shot out needles from Narukami at point-blank range.

"Ugh!?"

Weiss is a demon with superior abilities in offense and defense.

However, continuously enduring such attacks seemed to take a toll on him, as he grimaced in pain.

"You... what did you just... do!?"

It's not a big trick.

Just creating my own illusion, utilizing the nature of insects to escape from natural enemies, I created my illusion.

At first, I didn't even know such an evasion method existed...

But seeing Rifa transform into countless bats to avoid attacks, I thought, maybe I could do it too...

Most likely, there's no obligation for me to explain such things to Weiss.

Ignoring Weiss's question, I continued my assault.

At close range, I primarily used Kamui's slashes, interspersing with kicks for continuous attacks.

When the distance opened up, I used Narukami's needles and wires to restrain him while casting magic.

The battle was under my control.

Weiss was constantly pushed back.

However, as expected of a demon.

His endurance was excellent; despite receiving a hundred attacks, he was still standing.

"This is... not going well."

"You're quite calm analyzing the situation."

"I'm not a lowly creature like a monster; I have proper intelligence."

Come to think of it, the demons I fought before also tried to retreat when the situation worsened.

Indeed, they seem different from mere monsters.

They have the ability to analyze their situation properly.

But you know what?

In my opinion, you're no different from a monster.

Hurting others only for your own desires.

You're on the same level as a monster.

So... I'll never forgive you for running away.

Weiss... I'll defeat you here!

"For a human, you're quite something. I'll admit you've exceeded my expectations. But it won't go like this next time."

"Don't think there'll be a next time!"

"Hmph. Getting cocky here, aren't you? Thinking you can defeat me... You're seriously... What... Ah, guh...!?"

Suddenly, Weiss writhed in pain.

He bent his body into a curve and thrust his fingers into his abdomen.

Repeating heaving motions, he began to sweat profusely.

"W-what is... this!? My body... my body, feels like it's burning...!?"

"It's finally taking effect."

"T-taking effect, you say...!? What did you do...!?"

This is the end for him.

So, I decided to tell him straight.

Taking a needle out from Narukami, I showed it to Weiss.

"Is the tip of that needle... wet? No way...!?"

"It's something like poison. This needle is coated with Reactor Ant's bodily fluid. Reactor Ants are ants that interfere with magic. Well, it's not much interference, so normally, it's harmless."

"You...!"

"However... if it's ingested into the body, it's different. Even humans would suffer greatly... and for demons with higher magic power, the effect doubles. How about it, does it work?"

"You...!!!"

Angered by my trickery, Weiss leaped at me.

He's simply angry because he's been hurt himself.

It's just shallow anger.

With such anger, he'll only be tightening his own noose.

"Come."

I faced Weiss head-on.

With beast-like sharp movements, Weiss flashed his right arm first.

Following his movement, threads of magic attacked from diagonally above.

As he's affected by the poison, Weiss's movements are sluggish.

Thanks to that, I avoided it with ease.

However, it seems Weiss anticipated it too.

He swung his left arm next, aiming for the moment right after I dodged.

He must have aimed for the timing when I couldn't dodge.

But, I've also anticipated such action.

I predicted dozens of Weiss's attacks...

Among them, this is the most straightforward attack.

Driven by anger, poisoned, his cognitive abilities must have significantly decreased.

It's time to finish this.

"Gravity Inversion!"

I reversed the gravity acting on myself, floating into the air, dodging Weiss's attack.

Just as I hung upside down in the air...

I met eyes with Weiss in that state.

Aiming for his eyes, I shot out needles from Narukami to blind him.

Weiss writhed in pain...

In that moment, I restored gravity to its normal direction.

As I landed on the ground, I dashed forward, closing the distance to zero.

"This is it..."

"Y-you...!!!?"

"It's over!!!"

I deeply plunged the blade of Kamui into Weiss's abdomen...

And then, in that state, I reversed the blade and tore upwards.

TL Note- That was a good fight......




Comments

Popular Posts