The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 232 Plot

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



Three exams were conducted.

As a result, the number of parties was narrowed down to 8, consisting of 30 people.

"...Hmph, how boring."

Seeing the results, Arios, who was waiting in the tent, snorted in disinterest.

Rain's party is still going strong.

Not very interesting, indeed.

If they had failed midway, I would have laughed my heart out.

But Rain and the others not only didn't fail but also achieved excellent results.

The examiners praised Rain and the others.

Every time I hear those words, a nauseating feeling wells up.

Noisy!

Don't talk nonsense in front of me!

"..."

Arios almost blurted out those words but held back.

Doing something like that would tarnish his honor as a hero.

Not just that.

It might hinder his future plans.

He must avoid that at all costs.

"Hey, Arios."

Lin approached.

Aggus and Mina were nowhere to be seen.

They were probably having a meeting with the examiners in another location regarding the next exam.

"It's a bit late to ask, but why are we even doing this?"

"Huh? What do you mean by 'this'?"

"The examiners. Why did we agree to this troublesome thing? I mean, it doesn't pay much, and it won't really improve our reputation. Isn't the benefit rather limited?"

"True, there might not be many benefits."

"See? Why don't we just bail out now? We could tell that we were summoned by the king or something."

"I'd like to do that... but there are things we have to do."

"Things we have to do? What's that?"

"Something very important."

Arios flashed a cold smile.

His eyes held emotions bordering on madness.

However, Lin didn't notice it.

"Well, if Arios says so, then there's no helping it."

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay. It might be a hassle, but we'll have to be patient for a while and earn some points through these mundane tasks."

"I see. You understand that."

"Yeah, yeah. I want to finish this boring job quickly and go play in the city."

Grumbling, Lin left.

Monica then approached, taking Lin's place.

"Arios-sama, I apologize for the wait."

"How did everything go?"

"Smoothly, without any hiccups."

Monica smiled gently and offered a pair of glasses to Arios.

"Here, this is the item you wanted."

"Hmm, these are... They look like ordinary glasses."

"That's because we wouldn't want anyone to suspect anything. With these, it should be difficult for anyone to see through their true nature, right?"

"I see. Is the effect itself okay?"

"Yes, of course. It should yield the results we desire."

"Rain has even blocked instant-death magic before. What about that aspect?"

"Well, something like that... Yes."

After a thoughtful gesture, Monica spoke.

"There shouldn't be any issues. This item won't harm the target, so it shouldn't be obstructed. It's just for observation. If Rain-san reacted to every little thing like this, Rain-san's daily life would be quite disrupted."

"That makes sense."

"Arios-sama, please put on these glasses and observe Rain-san closely. Then, your wish will come true."

"Understood. I'll do that."

Arios held the glasses and wore a dark expression.

"Hehe... With this, I can repay that humiliation from back then. Just you wait, Rain...!"

――――――――――

We were given a break.

Grading the tests took about an hour, so we had a chance to rest our bodies and minds during that time...

The next one is the final exam, so the examiners must be busy with preparations.

They were bustling around here and there.

We had no complaints about getting a break, so we were leisurely passing the time.

"...Suu, suu..."

"...Kuu, kuu..."

Sora and Luna were taking a nap, leaning against each other.

Since we were under a simple tent, the sunlight didn't hit us directly.

They were making peaceful sleeping sounds.

It was heartwarming to see them together even at times like this.

I couldn't see Kanade and Tania.

While waiting, they went to explore the ruins, saying we can except some souvenirs.

I wonder what they intend to bring back?

"Ah... Rain, it feels so good..."

"Oh, Nina, you have such a blissful expression."

"Yeah, Rain... is really good."

"That's nice. I want Rain to do it for me too."

"But Tina doesn't have a tail."

I was in the tent, brushing Nina's tail.

Since she had three of them, it seemed like quite a task to maintain them.

Sometimes, it became troublesome, and she left it unattended.

So, I ended up brushing it.

I also learned brushing techniques as a way to get along with animals.

I gently and carefully combed Nina's thick tails with a comb.

Nina seemed to be enjoying it...

And Tina was watching us.

Despite being in the middle of the exam, there was an unusually relaxed atmosphere.

"Hey, why are there kids in a place like this?"

Breaking the relaxed atmosphere, a deep voice echoed.

When I looked, another party was looking at us.

They had smirks on their faces, and it didn't seem like a friendly gaze.

"This is the venue for the A-rank promotion test. Kids should go home."

"It's out of place. Just seeing these guys together irritates me."

They were using the typical lines to provoke us.

Are there still people like this these days...

Rather than getting angry, I felt a sense of novelty, as if I had seen a natural monument.

"These guys look unpleasant... Want me to take care of them?"

Tina, with an annoyed expression, asked me in a low voice.

"Leave it. It's better not to deal with people like them."

"That's right. Even if idiots provoke us, they're no match."

"You guys... We can hear you."

"Are you doing it on purpose?"

The two men made angry faces.

They seem to be quick to anger...

But they're the ones who approached us in the first place.

"Sorry. I apologize."

I decided to bow my head to avoid causing a scene.

However, this made the two of them even more arrogant.

"Hah, what a wimp."

"Yeah, we could forgive you... but how about giving us that kid? When we look closely, she's a divine being, right? She'll probably fetch a high price... But...!?"

"What did you just say?"

I grabbed the man's collar.

I don't care about myself, but I won't allow them to mess with my comrades.

"Ugh, wh-what kind of strength is this!?"

"If you're planning to lay a hand on Nina, you better be prepared for the consequences."

"...Let's leave it at that."

Someone intervened and the one who intervened was... Arios.

TL Note- Enter the Hero(Villain)



Comments

Popular Posts