The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 231 Test of Wisdom

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



We passed the second exam without any issues and were guided to the next exam venue.

We moved into the ruins.

In a large hall, tables and chairs were set up.

It felt like a school.

"Next is the written exam. A-rank adventurers need not only strength but also various knowledge. So, you'll be taking the written exam," said the proctor.

At Cell's signal, another examiner handed out test papers.

"The passing score for the test is 80 points. If you score even one point less, you will fail. However, if at least one person in your party passes, it's okay. You just need to prove that you have a strategist among you," she continued.

80 points... It might be tough depending on the content. But I don't want to give up before even trying, so I'll do my best.

"You have one hour for the exam. Cheating and such will, of course, result in disqualification. Don't think you can get away with it as we are monitoring in every possible way," she warned.

I looked around and saw many examiners scattered in the vicinity. Some of them were holding crystal balls. They must be using tools to monitor the candidates without blind spots.

"Now, let's begin!" Cell signaled, and we started the test.

"Wow..." I unintentionally let out a voice. It started with general knowledge, then history, geography, mathematics... There were various questions, all of which seemed quite challenging.

I wonder if everyone is doing okay? I moved my gaze discreetly enough not to arouse suspicion of cheating and observed everyone's reactions.

"Ugh...?" Kanade was already spinning her eyes. She seemed to be using her brain quite hard. I hope she doesn't overexert herself.

"Whew... Whew... Hmph..." Tania... was sleeping! It's impossible to have answered all the questions in such a short time, so she must have given up. It seemed like she entrusted the rest to us and was boldly napping.

"Hmm-hmm. I see... Are these the kind of questions?" Luna laughed loudly as usual, earning a reprimand from the examiners. Aside from such incidents, the two of them seemed to be doing relatively well.

"Hmm... Uh? Hmm..." Nina frequently tilted her head. It's understandable since she's still young and there are many things she doesn't know. However, she didn't give up and diligently tackled each question one by one.

And Tina...

"..." Oh! She was answering the questions at an incredible speed. Her pen was moving rapidly without stopping. I never really thought about it before, but is Tina actually really smart?

"All right, I can't lose to her." I couldn't leave everything to Tina. I had to do my best as well.

I focused on the problem in front of me and moved my hand holding the pen.



――――――――――

The test ended...

We had to wait for about an hour on the spot for the scoring.

And then, as soon as an hour passed, the results were announced.

"Only Tina and I passed. It was quite close," I said.

We were the only ones who exceeded the passing score of 80 points. Unfortunately, everyone else failed.

"Ugh... That test was unfair! There's no way anyone could have known that stuff," Kanade complained.

"My intelligence can't be measured by a test like that," Tania retorted.

"Tania, that's just sour grapes," Luna said.

"No, it's not!"

"Besides, being the first one to fall asleep is not a good look," Kanade added.

"Ugh..."

Tania was taken aback by Kanade's reasonable argument, and it seemed like she had her doubts too.

"I also... failed. I'm sorry," Nina said.

"Don't worry about it. Nina did her best," Sora reassured her.

"That's right! Since we all failed, there's no need to dwell on it," Luna chimed in.

"By the way, it was surprising that Sora and Luna failed too. They seemed to be doing quite well," Tina mentioned.

"Sora and Luna, as spirit folk, have acquired various knowledge because they handle various types of magic. So, tests like these are their strong suit," Tina explained.

"But the human history questions were a disaster. There's no way they could have known the answers to those questions even I foumd difficult," I said.

"Ah, I see," Tina responded.

Sora and Luna might be smart, but their knowledge was biased.

They wouldn't know about the history of people they currently had no contact with.

"The most amazing one is Tina, isn't it? I mean, I thought only Rain would pass, but Tina passing too is unexpected. I'm impressed," Kanade admitted.

"Don't forget that both Kanade and Tania tried their best. You shouldn't be too modest," I said.

"Tina... You're amazing. Cool...♪" Nina added.

"Whoa, even Nina! I'm getting super embarrassed now," Tina said.

"But seriously, Tina, you're very knowledgeable. Where did you get all that information?" I asked.

"Well, it's not that big of a deal, you know? I'm a ghost, after all. A 30-year-old ghost," Tina replied.

"You say it like you're talking about something simple like eating food," I teased.

"I didn't have much to do, you know? When I had free time, I used to read various books, and I naturally remembered things... That's how it feels," Tina explained.

"I see."

"Nyaa. It's the result of accumulating effort steadily," Nina said.

"Tina... You're amazing, right?" Nina asked.

"Huh? Um, well..."

Tina blushed and seemed flustered as everyone looked at her with admiration.

"It's just knowledge I gained as a way to pass the time, so it's not something to be proud of... No, it really isn't! So, those eyes... auuu," Tina stammered.

"We got Tina's precious embarrassed expression!" Luna exclaimed.

"Hehe, should we record it with magic?" Sora suggested.

――――――――――

"100 points on the written exam!?"

"That's ridiculous! There were questions in that test that even court magicians couldn't solve..."

"And there's one more person who passed... What's going on with that party?"

Watching the agitated examiners, Cell wore a faint smile.

"Well, if it's Rain and the others, they're likely to do something like this."

Despite their parting on bad terms, Cell harbored no ill feelings toward Rain and the group. In fact, she still thought highly of them. She genuinely felt pleased to see Rain and the others being recognized.

At this rate, Rain and the others should have no trouble passing the promotion exam and reaching A-rank. When that happens, she'd like to offer them words of congratulations. Ideally, alongside Axe.

TL Note- Things have been going too simple.....Well it's time for the bad guy to make his/her entrance. 


Comments

Popular Posts