The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 241 Arrest

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



Rain, what should we do?" Kanade's panicked voice echoed.

"Ugh... for now, let's run!"

"No, no way, I won't let you escape!♪"

"What...!?"

A voice came from very close by. Shadows swirled and took on a human form.

It was Lin.

She must have used her magic "Shadow Seeker" to move from shadow to shadow.

"Earth Bind!"

The ground surged and entwined around my body like a cage.

"I heard from Arios, you're not affected by status abnormalities, right? But maybe this will work?"

I tried to break free with all my might, but the earth shackles continued to wrap around me, preventing me from escaping.

"Stop it, Lin! I haven't killed anyone! This must be a mistake. So..."

"Hahaha, that doesn't matter to me."

"Lin...?"

"I don't like you. You're a cocky little insect, going against me and trying to expose what happened in Pagos... you're getting ahead of yourself. Who do you think I am? Lady Lin, the great mage. You shall suffer for defying me. Kyahaha!"

"This person...!"

She's not driven by righteousness but personal emotions! Someone like this is claiming to be a hero... it's absurd!

"Kyaa!?"

"Au!?"

Sora and Luna's screams reached me. When I quickly looked in their direction, they were caught by Aggus.

Just like Lean, he must have used magic to teleport next to them. In a magical battle, Sora and Luna would have no problem, but in hand-to-hand combat, it was tough. They couldn't break free from Aggus's strong grip.

"This...!"

"Don't underestimate me!"

Sora and Luna used magic to try and free themselves from Aggus...

"That's enough," Mina sharply interjected. In her hand was Tina, bound by a rope of light.

"Sorry, everyone... I messed up. I saw that video and got startled... and they took advantage of that..."

"I'm a priestess. Exorcising ghosts is easy work for me."

"Mina, stop it!"

"Then surrender quietly, please. Resistance won't be tolerated."

Tina, with her ghost-like characteristics, could exert power close to the strongest beings, but priests were her natural enemies. If she were exposed to the purification light, she would vanish in an instant.

"Hey, taking hostages is cowardly!"

"Yeah! Aren't you supposed to be a hero party?"

Kanade and Tania glared at her, but Mina remained unfazed.

"We are doing what is right. It is an act recognized by the gods. Such words won't shake our resolve."

"Ugh..."

It's no use; no words will get through to Mina.

"Hmm..."

Nina was secretly moving. If Nina could evacuate everyone to a different dimension, we might be able to escape. I hoped for that, but...

"Yes, you should stay quiet too."

"Huh!?"

"Nina!"

A female knight who had sneaked up behind us held Nina down.

I hadn't seen her face before, but judging by her actions with Arios, she must have joined the group after I left.

"Now... Rain, does it look like there's a way out?"

Arios grinned triumphantly.

"Kuh."

I bit my lip. I can't believe I'm in a situation like this with Arios and the others, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Myself, Sora, and Luna are restrained.

We might find a way to break free somehow...

However, Tina and Nina are completely captured.

Held at weapon-point as hostages, we can't make any reckless moves.

Kanade and Tania seem to understand this too, so we're all stuck in this situation without any options.

Our enemies aren't just Arios and his group.

Other adventurers, along with examiners, have surrounded us, forming a circle.

Each of them is armed.

Their eyes glare at us, treating us as outright criminals.

It's impossible to persuade them.

How can we break free from this situation?

What should we do!?

"..."

I desperately think, but I can't find an answer.

"...I understand. We'll surrender."

"Rain!?"

Kanade let out a surprised voice.

Tania also wore a face that seemed to ask if I was serious.

However, there's no other choice.

If I act recklessly, someone will get hurt.

I absolutely don't want that.

I won't become like Arios.

I don't want to be someone who easily abandons their friends.

From what I saw in that video, it seems like I'm the only one being accused.

If I get caught and put on trial...

Even if I'm charged with a crime, I believe everyone else will be okay.

Of course, I don't intend to give up easily.

I'll try various ways to escape and prove my innocence...

But for now, I have to surrender quietly.

"It's good that you're reasonable, Rain. Have you grown up a bit?"

"Arios, you..."

I held back the urge to strike him and managed to speak.

"I have one question. Is this incident... your doing, Arios?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm asking if you're the one behind framing me."

"Well... I have no idea what you're talking about."

Arios... he laughed.

He looked delighted.

He looked pleased.

He had a smile filled with joy on his face.

Seeing that smile, I became certain.

Arios is the culprit.

I don't know the reason, but he's trying to discredit me.

Not satisfied with just expelling me from the party, he's resorting to something like this...

Trying to take away potential new companions...

Trying to ruin my life...

An overwhelming anger welled up within me.

It was a feeling reminiscent of when I was expelled from the party in the past...

And with that, I became convinced.

Arios is... my enemy.

TL Note- Took freaking 241 Chapters to figure that out.....😆 


Comments

Popular Posts