The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 235: Division

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"...Ouch."

I woke up with a dull pain in my head.

I must have momentarily lost consciousness after hitting my head when I fell into the pitfall.

As I sat up, I found myself surrounded by darkness.

"Kanade? Tania?"

I called out, but there was no response.

"Sora? Luna? Nina? Tina? Is anyone here? Hey!"

My voice echoed, but there was still no response.

"This is not good... I seem to be separated."

I had vague memories of tumbling around, and it seemed that the pitfall had multiple openings. It was probably a trap designed to divide intruders.

For now, I reached into my bag and took out a torch.

"Fireball."

I cast a low-powered spell to ignite a fire. Light illuminated the surrounding darkness.

The place I had fallen into was a small room with broken vases and other furnishings. Aside from dust and spider webs, there was nothing else.

There was a slightly wider corridor, about three adults wide, stretching straight ahead.

"I have no choice but to move forward."

There might be traps set up like earlier, but I couldn't afford to stay here. I needed to find everyone and regroup.

"Wait!"

With a rustling sound, countless presences drew near. They became visible in the light of the torch.

Giant spiders, about 30 centimeters in size, with spear-like fangs that looked unusually sharp.

They were D-ranked magical creatures, Chimera Spiders. Since they were D-ranked, they didn't possess high combat abilities or special powers. However...

"There are so many of them."

One after another, Chimera Spiders emerged, more than I could count. I couldn't help but wonder where they had been hiding.

I readied my weapon...

"First, I'll charge in, and the rest of you..."

Wait, they weren't here.

I inadvertently called out to my companions, as I always did. It was a habit or something...

It had become so natural for everyone to be together. Aside from intentional situations, was this the first time we had been separated unexpectedly?

"Alone, huh."

I might be seen as weak, but I felt a sense of loneliness.

"I relied on everyone quite a bit..."

I thought deeply about it.

However, I couldn't afford to be downcast. If I let something like this get me down, I'd be laughed at when I reunited with everyone.

"Let's do this!"

I wielded Kamui and charged at the swarm of Chimera Spiders.


――――――――――

"Kanade... please wake up, Kanade."

"Mmm... What is it?"

Kanade was shaken gently and opened her eyes.

"...Sora?"

"I'm relieved you're awake."

Sora was there, with a glowing orb floating around her back. It must have been Sora's magic.

"Um... where is this?"

It was a small room. There was only one visible corridor leading further in.

"It seems like Sora and the others were separated by the pitfall."

"I see... I wonder if Rain and the others are okay?"

"I think they'll be fine. They're not the type to be defeated so easily."

"That's... true."

Kanade agreed with a wry smile.

She stood up and brushed off the dust and dirt from her clothes.

"Well then, should we punch through the walls to reunite with everyone?"

"No, no, no! You can't do that! Why do you say it so casually? Haven't you heard the explanation for the test? They said we'd be disqualified if we did that!"

"Oh, right..."

"It's exhausting..."

"Well, then, I guess we have to search the normal way?"

"Yes, it seems that the ruins have anti-magic mechanisms, so detection magic doesn't work well... We'll have to use our legs and search diligently."

"Alright then don't worry, let's go! Follow me!"

"I have a vague feeling this won't end well..."


――――――――――

"Nina, are you okay? Does it hurt?"

"Mm... I'm okay."

Tania was carrying Nina on her back as they walked through the ruins. Nina, being carried, had a torch in her hand.

They had fallen into a pitfall, and when they came to, it was just Tania and Nina. Moreover, Nina seemed to have twisted her ankle when they fell.

Neither Tania nor Nina could use healing magic. While they had used items from Nina's pocket dimension to provide some treatment, it wouldn't be an immediate cure. Getting healed by Sora and Luna was the most reliable option.

Therefore, they decided not to wait for help but to search for their companions themselves.

"I wonder if I'm... not too heavy?"

"What are you saying? You're light as a feather."

Nina blushed a little.

"I'm sorry... Tania."

"Hm? Why are you apologizing?"

"I feel like I'm slowing you down..."

"Do you really think I care about that?"

"I do... because we're a team."

"In a team, we support each other when someone's in trouble, right? So, I don't mind."

"Nn!"

Nina, who was being carried, wagged her tail happily.

――――――――――

"Lightning Strike!"

A surge of purple lightning raced through, scattering the monsters that lurked in the corridor.

However, not all of the monsters were caught.

A few managed to evade the attack.

"First pitch... here it goes!"

Above Luna's head, Tina swung her arm back dramatically and hurled a concentrated mass of magic energy toward the monsters.

It was like a fastball.

The mass of magic energy beautifully captured the head of a monster and sent it flying with a resounding crash.

"Hahaha! They're weak, too weak! Is this all they've got?"

"With that kind of strength, they won't be able to stop us!"

Even though Luna and Tina were separated from their companions, they were still full of energy.

TL Note- So they divided into 3 no 4 including  Rain who is alone.


Comments

Popular Posts