The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 216 Now to the capital!

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"...So, I've been thinking about taking the promotion exam. What do you all think?"

After leaving the guild, I returned home and pondered, pondered, and pondered about advancing to A-rank. Eventually, I decided to give the exam a try.

Then, I gathered everyone in the living room and talked about it.

"Hmm, A-rank, huh? Finally, my exploits will become worldwide!"

"Why do you think like that? I'd like to see what's going on inside Luna's head."

"Hehe, don't praise me like that. It's embarrassing."

"I'm seriously getting worried about my little sister's future..."

Sora and Luna were as usual...

"A-rank, huh... How awesome is it?"

"Well... If I were to compare, it's like becoming a king."

"Wow... Rain, a king? Will you wear a crown?"

"The king's point is there..."

As expected, Nina and Tina were also their usual selves...

"Meow... Question!"

"Why are you aiming for A-rank?"

Kanade and Tania, being the dependable ones, asked about the reasons.

"There are various benefits to be gained, making things easier in the future... But the main reason is that it increases your authority to speak up."

"Nyaa? Authority to speak up?"

"Natalie said that A-rank adventurers are given noble-level power."

My words elicited reactions from Luna and Sora.

"Hmm? Does that mean I'll become super important? Hehe, I'll show off my prestige to everyone."

"It's not prestige, you're likely to show off your embarrassment."

"What did you say?! I will do it, you know!"

"Do you know? Conflicts only arise when on the same level. Sora and Luna are on different levels in various aspects."

"Grrrrr, you know!!"

"Both of you... You need to be quiet, okay?"

"Sorry."

Nina scolded them, and Sora and Luna looked down in a sullen manner.

"Oh... Going back to the topic, if it grants a certain level of power, it should also increase your authority to speak up. When operating individually, it's not an issue, but when multiple adventurers work together like during the Iris incident, you have to follow orders from above. I feel unsatisfied when I can't act as I please."

"Rain... Are you still bothered by it?"

"No, it's fine."

I showed a smile to Tania, who was looking worried.

"Because Tania lectured me about it. I'm looking forward now."

"I-I see... Well, that's good then."

"Meow... Interesting conversation."

Kanade was glaring at Tania.

Tania pretended not to notice and averted her gaze.

"With increased authority, you can challenge orders and even be allowed to act independently to some extent."

"You don't really need to worry about that, do you?"

"I can't just ignore it like that. During the Iris incident, various elements came together, and it ended up okay, but... In reality, going against orders and acting on my own would normally result in punishment."

"I see."

"Yeah, so, to be able to act freely when needed... That's why I want to aim for A-rank."

I paused for a moment and looked at everyone's faces. They were all attentively listening to my words.

"What do you all think?"

"I think it's fine. I agree!"

"I'm in agreement too. If it means not having to follow boring orders, count me in."

First, Kanade and Tania showed their support.

"I think it's not a problem. Hehe, I want to be arrogant!"

"It doesn't mean Luna will become great, but yeah, Sora agrees too."

Luna and Sora followed suit with agreement.

The remaining two...

"Well... It sounds good to me."

"Isn't it alright? There must be various other merits as well, right? If you can get promoted, there's no harm in doing it, I think."

They agreed as if it were natural.

"By the way, why did you bother asking us? You're the leader of our party, and you could have decided on your own."

"Yeah, that's right. Nobody would complain."

Though Kanade and Tania said that...

It seemed rather selfish to do that.

Because of everyone, I've made it this far...

If I were alone, I think I would have given up halfway.

So, I can't just disregard everyone's opinions.

...When I said that, everyone looked at me with warm eyes for some reason.

"W-What? What's wrong? Did I say something strange?"

"Umm, I always thought but to feel like that is just like Rain. Right?"

"That's right."

Kanade said something I didn't quite understand, and everyone else nodded in agreement.

Seems like there's a common understanding among them about how I am...

I wonder how they really perceive me?

It piqued my curiosity, even if only a little.


――――――――――

After deciding to take the A-rank promotion exam... Three days later.

We finished preparing and left the house, heading towards the city's exit.

At the city's exit, numerous carriages were lined up. When we were heading to Pagos, we couldn't use carriages due to the risk of getting involved in a battle. But this time was different. Since we were going to the capital for the promotion exam, there was no danger involved. So, we decided to use carriages.

"Wow, carriages~♪"

Kanade's eyes sparkled, and her tail wagged happily. Carriages seemed to be something rare for her. She walked around like a child, touching and petting the horses.

Cats and horses. Maybe there's a connection between them, as the horses neighed with apparent contentment, enjoying the petting.

"We're using carriages this time?"

"I don't mind walking."

"The capital is far away. I heard it takes two weeks on foot."

"Of course, we'll take the carriages! Carriages are the best!"

Upon hearing that it would take two weeks on foot, Luna clung to the carriage. It seems she's not a fan of physical exercise.

"By the way, why don't you just have Tania transform and carry you like last time?"

"But I'm not a carriage..."

"If you do that, it will cause a commotion. People might think a dragon appeared and shoot it down with magic. Can't you imagine that? Is Luna's head completely empty?"

"That's true!"

"You are accepting it so confidently!?"

While Sora and Luna were doing a comedy routine, I grabbed Nina's waist and lifted her onto the carriage. Nina is short, so she can't get on and off by herself.

"Thank you... Rain."

"Thanks, Rain!"

Even the doll version of Tina on top of Nina's head managed to get on board. Tina can fly with magic, so she doesn't need to be lifted, but she must be lazy.

Next, Kanade and Tania got on, and finally, I tossed Sora and Luna, who were quarreling, into the carriage.

"Wow, this carriage is so comfortable."

"Indeed. I always thought carriages were uncomfortable and hurt the butt, but it's not like that at all."

Since this carriage was for transporting people and not goods, they considered the seating comfort and provided cushions. It's said that even with the carriage, it would take about five days to reach the capital.

Therefore, we chose a comfortable one to avoid getting tired.

"Now, let's go, Black Thunder! Carry us to the capital!"

"Um... Can you please not give my child a strange name?"

The coachman looked troubled.

"Luna, calm down. Don't trouble the coachman."

"Hmm? Why would you come to that conclusion? I haven't done anything."

"Are you unaware of yourself?"

"Luna can be quite strange sometimes."

Now even Kanade was saying harsh things to Luna.

Well, from Luna's perspective, it's her first time riding a carriage. It's a novelty, and her excitement must be high. I feel sorry for the coachman, but I hope he can close his eyes to it.

"Well then, could you start? As we discussed before, we leave the route to you."

"Yes, understood."

The coachman took the reins, and the horses slowly started moving.

"Wow, it's moving!"

"Luna, please don't get so excited; it's embarrassing. Oh, it's unexpectedly fast!"

"Sora is also excited..."

"Good friends, indeed..."

Though it was a bit noisy... this is how we set off towards the capital.

TL Note- A rank it is.....now to the royal capital. 


Comments

Popular Posts