The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 212 Date with Tania


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Rain, over here."

Walking a bit ahead, Tania waved her hand as if urging Rain to come faster.

Just like the other day with Kanade, Rain was accompanying Tania on her shopping trip...

And as expected, today, just like before, the others weren't around.

Due to unfortunate timing, it seemed impossible for everyone to meet up...

It almost seemed like it was planned that way.

Well, maybe I'm overthinking it.

After all, I don't see any point in doing something like that.

"So, what are you buying today?"

"Accessories."

"Accessories... Ah, you mean jewelry."

For a moment, I didn't understand what she meant.

Maybe because I'm a guy, I've never had the opportunity to hold accessories.

I've had so little chance to handle them that I might forget they even exist.

While thinking about such things, I followed Tania...

And before long, we arrived at a corner where stalls were lined up.

"There are so many things here."

Rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings... and various other items.

Various ornaments were being sold.

Not just decorations, but also daily necessities were displayed.

Along with books and small items... there were a lot of products lined up.

It's like a marketplace.

"Oh, this book."

I found an interesting book and picked it up.

It was a fairy tale I used to read when I was little.

"Oh, how nostalgic... I've read this so many times. The price... Oh, it's reasonable. I like this."

"Hey, Rain..."

Before I knew it, Tania was giving me a sharp look.

Well, of course.

As the one accompanying her on the shopping trip, leaving Tania alone would upset her.

"Sorry. I just... got carried away."

"Geez. Leaving a lady alone is a failure as a man."

"I'm sorry... I'm reflecting on it."

I put the book back and looked at Tania.

"Um... What kind of accessory are you going to buy?"

"I haven't decided specifically yet. I want to see them in person... and I want your opinion, Rain."

"My opinion? But I don't know much about accessories."

"Whether you know much or not doesn't matter. I just... um... I want to hear your opinion. Like if they suit me or not, based on your sense."

"If that's all, then I'll help."

"It's not like I'm curious about your preferences or anything like that. It's just that there are no proper guys around except for you... That's why I just want to hear your opinion! There's no other meaning behind it!"

"Yeah, I understand."

"...If you agree so easily, it's a bit frustrating. This dense Tamer."

Another title I don't quite get was added.

"Anyway! Please give me your opinion, Rain. What kind of accessory do you think would be good?"

"Well... let me see..."

The responsibility to choose Tania's accessory is quite heavy.

If I pick something strange, it might hurt her feelings...

I want to choose something she'll like.

I'll do my best to choose!

――――――――――

"Hmm..."

Rain was earnestly selecting the accessories.

Even though he didn't need to be so serious like during a battle, I couldn't help but feel like saying that to him.

But well...

"...I'm happy with this."

When someone you like chooses accessories seriously for you, it's a wonderful situation. As a love-struck maiden, my heart races.

...I wonder if Kanade felt like this when she went on a date with Rain the other day?

Feeling restless, repeatedly glancing at Rain's face...

Feeling embarrassed, looking away, but immediately returning my gaze to him.

I keep repeating such actions that I can't explain.

I think that's what they call 'love.'

...Oh my, I'm thinking such embarrassing things...

If Rain were to find out what I'm thinking, I might just die.

"Tania."

"Ahhhhhhhh!?"

Startled by the sudden call, I let out a loud yelp.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing! I-it's nothing!"

"It certainly looks like something's up... Um... are you okay?"

"I'm fine! I'm totally fine! Anyway, what's the matter?"

I forcibly changed the subject.

Seeming to understand that I didn't want to continue that topic, Rain changed the subject back.

"I tried picking something that would suit you... How about this?"

What Rain presented was a pair of ruby earrings.

The red gemstones were shining, and they had a transparent clarity.

"Beautiful..."

"It seems like you like them. That's good."

"But this seems expensive... The price... Huh? It's this cheap!?"

The ruby earrings cost 30 silver coins.

I thought it would cost at least one gold coin, but that wasn't the case.

"What will you do?"

"Well, hmm... Okay, I've decided! I'll take these!"

"Understood."

"Huh?"

Rain showed a gentle expression and handed the money to the stall's owner, purchasing the earrings.

Today, I also brought my purse with me.

I have a fair amount of money too.

So, why...?

Seeming to sense my question, Rain said somewhat embarrassedly:

"In moments like these, isn't it the man's role to give presents?"

"...Rain..."

"Well, you know... Let me be a little cool sometimes. As a token of gratitude for the usual help and for everything else."

"Thank you."

I smiled happily and accepted the earrings.

Then, I tried putting them on immediately.

"Um... How do they look?"

"They suit you. You look really beautiful."

It's a very simple compliment, but...

But somehow, coming from Rain, it made me very happy.

TL Note- These few chapters had more romantic development than the whole of the story till now.


Comments

Popular Posts