The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 210 Rival

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Ah... I'm so sleepy..."

The following morning, as I got out of bed, I let out a big yawn.

In the end...

After that, I stayed up late, thinking about Rain, and couldn't sleep properly.

I really want to sleep until noon, but if I do that, people will start to wonder what's going on.

"Yawn..."

I yawned again and left the room.

"Good morning."

When I moved to the living room, I suddenly ran into Rain.

"Oh... good morning."

Oops.

My voice came out louder than I expected.

I didn't think I'd become like this...

It's just that, you know...

When I see Rain right in front of me, I suddenly get embarrassed...

I can't help but feel flustered.

"Hmm? What's wrong, Tania?"

"N-nothing. It's nothing."

"Is that so? I feel like something's different about you today."

Why does he have to be so sharp at times like this!

"I-it's just your imagination. I'm completely normal."

"Is that so? But... your face is red. Could it be that you caught a cold?"

"Hya?!"

Rain's hand touched my forehead?!

It's cool, but also feels nice...

And Rain is staring at me intently...

Ugh.

D-don't look at me with those eyes...

It's embarrassing and makes me conscious.

I'm already conscious enough, but if I become more conscious of Rain...

I might just die of embarrassment.

I never thought I, a dragonkin, would end up like this...

Love is truly fearsome!

"Hmm... You seem a bit warm, but it doesn't feel like a cold. I wonder what's wrong?"

"T-that's why I told you. It's nothing, really. Rain, you worry too much."

"I have every right to worry. It's about you, Tania."

"!"

He just says things so casually!

Does he even realize how much a girl can be moved by those words?

Really... Rain might end up being a heartbreaker in the future.

Those were the thoughts running through my mind.

"Meow..."

Suddenly, I noticed that Kanade was staring at me.

"Oh, Kanade, good morning."

"...Yeah. Good morning, Rain. Tania."

"Good morning."

"Meow..."

"What's wrong? You're making a strange face."

"...No, it's nothing."

--------------

After finishing breakfast, I had no specific plans for the day. I thought of spending some relaxing time in my room to calm my emotions when...

"Hey, Tania."

On my way back to the room, Kanade called out to me.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Can I talk to you for a moment? I have something I want to discuss."

"Sure, is my room okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

I wonder what she wants to talk about. Curious, I invited Kanade into my room.

"Would you like some tea?"

"You can make tea, Tania!?"

"Why are you so surprised?"

"I just thought you were more like a Sora unit..."

"How rude. Don't compare me to that preposterous cooking elemental."

While making a rather impolite comment, I sat on the bed, and Kanade settled down on a chair.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well... It's about that... Meow..."

Kanade had an indescribable expression and looked hesitant.

Is it something difficult to talk about?

But I can't think of anything that could be the topic.

"What's wrong? You said you wanted to talk, right? Don't hold back, just tell me. Otherwise, it'll keep bothering me."

"...Yeah. Okay, then I'll gather my courage and ask."

With a serious expression, and for some reason, blushing slightly, Kanade carefully began to speak.

"Tania... Have you... fallen in love with Rain?"

"Gwahhh!?!"

Completely caught off guard by her unexpected words, I let out a strange noise and flipped over on the bed.

"W-w-w-what the heck!?"

"Ahh... That reaction. I guess that's how it is."

I tried to brush it off, but the surprise hit me too hard, and I couldn't regain my composure. Looking at me like that, Kanade seemed to become more certain and sent me a strangely warm gaze.

"Looks like Tania has fallen for Rain too."

"Th-th-th-that's not... I mean, 'too'?!"

"Nyahahaha..."

Kanade blushed and playfully covered her cheeks with her fingertips.

"Could it be... Kanade, do you also like Rain?"

"Hmm... Yeah."

Blushing, Kanade nodded with a small smile.

"Um... Are you two already dating, perhaps?"

"N-n-no way! We're far, far from that point yet..."

"I see... I'm relieved."

It's not fair to Kanade, but I felt relieved.

"So, Kanade, when did you start feeling this way?"

"Well... You know when Mom visited? Back then, Rain was being reckless, and I nursed him... It was then that I realized I like Rain."

"I see."

"What about you, Tania?"

"Well... I think you can guess, but it's quite recent. After the recent incident, when I saw Rain getting angry for my sake... and then, after talking to him about various things, I guess..."

"I see."

"Yeah..."

"..."

"..."

There was a moment of silence, but it didn't feel awkward.

Somehow... there was a sense of camaraderie that only those who like the same person could understand.

"What will you do, Tania?"

"W-what do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"I mean... Will you confess to him?"

"Whaaat?!"

I made a chicken-like noise because I hadn't even considered that possibility.

Confess... to Rain...

I tried to imagine it in my head...

I was squirming at the very thought.

It's embarrassing!

Incredibly embarrassing!?

In a battle, there's nothing I fear, but I never thought I'd be this flustered over confessing my feelings!

"Nyaa... From your reaction, it seems like confessing right away is impossible for both of us."

"Y-you're annoying... It's just that, you know, when it comes to it, it's embarrassing... Wait, you too, Kanade?"

"Yeah. I feel like I really love Rain, but when it comes to confessing, I just can't take that step... Nyaa, I guess I lack courage."

"That's not true. I mean, I'm the same... and well, I understand your feelings, Kanade."

"Ehehe, thanks, Tania."

"But still... to like the same person in the same party. What should we do about this?"

"I think we don't have to do anything, do we?"

"What do you mean?"

"We can't control the feeling of falling in love... Once it happens, it happens, and I think that's okay. So, I don't want to overthink or be too conscious about it... Mmm, meow?"

As she spoke, Kanade seemed to get flustered and tilted her head.

Seeing her like that, I thought it might get awkward between us, and that silly idea crossed my mind.

"Then... I guess we're rivals from now on."

"Nyaa... Rivals..."

"I won't lose."

"Me neither!" 

With smiles on our faces, we shook hands.

TL Note- Rain's harem+1(confirmed one)


Comments

Popular Posts