The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 207 Mother Attacks

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


According to what I heard, Milua-san seems to hold a high position among the dragon clan. They say she possesses power and authority second only to the leader.

The culprits of this incident were entrusted to Milua-san. Even though dragons themselves would be overwhelmed by humans, they can pass judgment on their own kind, considering they belong to the same strongest species.

Although Milua-san had a childlike personality...

She turned out to be a reliable adult and promised to punish the culprits strictly without showing any mercy just because they are fellow members of the dragon clan.

Why did Milua-san come here? if that's the question...

It was all thanks to Tania. Anticipating that dragon criminals would be too much for us humans to handle, Tania apparently contacted Milua-san in advance. Milua-san, who dotes on her daughter, hurriedly flew here.

It wasn't just Milua-san who came to the town; she was accompanied by two subordinates as well. The culprits were taken to the dragon clan's village by those subordinates.

What kind of punishment will be given?

When I asked Milua-san, she smiled brightly and said, "As punishment for bullying Tania-chan, forever... no, it's nothing." It's probably going to be a more severe punishment than I can imagine.

Thus, the incident was resolved successfully.

...It was resolved, but...

"Hahaha! Sweet milk tastes so good, doesn't it? Luna-chan, can I have another glass?"

"Wha- What? You're still drinking? I think you've already had ten glasses...?"

"Just ten glasses aren't nearly enough. So, give me more!"

"Well... well, alright. Since it's Tania's mother, I have to be hospitable. Yes, I'll prepare it right away."

"Yay, thank you!"

Milua-san was comfortably relaxing with a smile in our home.

Well, you know...

I understand that we can't just say goodbye after having her solve the case, but...

I don't want her to gulp down milk like that either.

We're not an unlimited all-you-can-drink café, you know...

"Hey, Mom!"

"What's wrong, Tania-chan? Why are you suddenly raising your voice?"

"It's not 'what's wrong.' We're not a café, you know? Can you stop guzzling down milk like that? It's not free, you know."

"But but Luna-chan's milk is really delicious! It's a bit sweet with just the right amount of sugar, and yet it's refreshing..."

"Oh, goodness!"

Tania scratched her head vigorously.

It seems she's frustrated because they can't communicate.

Well, it seems that Milua-san is quite laid-back.

Combined with her childlike personality, clashes with someone like Tania are inevitable.

However, it's not like they have a bad parent-child relationship.

Tania is the first to contact Milua-san...

And Milua-san rushed over immediately...

I think they have a good relationship.

"Would you like to drink together, Tania-chan? It's delicious, you know?"

"Well... In that case, I'll have some too. Luna, is it okay?"

"Yes, leave it to me. Is Rain here as well?"

"Well, sorry to ask, but please."

"It's my duty."

Luna acts like a server...

The others poke their heads out from the corridor, trying to secretly observe us.

But it's quite obvious with Kanade and Nina, as they have animal ears.

Hiding their heads but not their animal ears?

"Allow me to reintroduce myself... I am Rain Shroud. I'm an adventurer with Tania. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, nice to meet you too!"

Since things were chaotic at the Knight Order branch...

We decided to greet each other properly.

We both bow politely.

"Um... I'm going to ask something strange, but you're Tania's mother, right?"

"That's right."

"I see..."

Whether it's Suzu-san or Al-san, is it a rule for mothers of the strongest species to be small?

I unintentionally ponder such trivial matters.

"Thank you for this time."

"No, I should be the one thanking you."

Milua-san's face becomes serious, and she stares at me.

"I heard from Tania-chan. That you did your best and fought for Tania-chan. Thank you. As Tania-chan's mother, I'm truly grateful."

"No, it's only natural."

Tania always helps me...

If I could be of help to her this time, it would make me very happy.

"Hmm... Hehe."

For some reason, Milua-san smiles gently.

"What's the matter?"

"Tania-chan found a good person, huh?"

"Huh?"

"Rain-kun, right? Take care of Tania-chan."

"W-Wait, Mom! If you say that, it sounds like I'm..."

"Huh?"

"Oh, goodness... Mom, please realize that your oblivious remarks always trouble those around you."

Tania looks tired of being dragged around by Milua-san.

But still... there's a spark of liveliness in her eyes. Maybe it's just my imagination?

It seems like it's been over a year since Tania left the dragon clan village...

She might be happy to have a reunion with her mother after such a long time.

Well, knowing Tania's personality, she might not show that openly.

"So, what is Mom doing at our place? Don't you need to go back to the village?"

"Since it's been a while, I want to be with Tania-chan. It's okay if I don't go back to the village, you know? There are plenty of capable people there who can handle things."

Does that mean she's delegating all the work to others...?

"Or... is it that having me here is a bother to you?"

Milua-san's eyes become teary.

Tania flinches.

"Well... um..."

"It's because it's been a while... I want to be with Tania-chan..."

"...Oh geez, do whatever you want!"

"Yay! I really like you, Tania-chan!"

I can't tell who's the parent and who's the child.

"But I decided on my own... Is that okay?"

Tania looks at me, as if seeking my opinion.

"I don't mind. Is it fine with everyone else?"

I call out to the others who are peeking from the corridor.

Kanade and Nina's animal ears twitch up and down.

It seems there's no problem.

"Please stay at our place for a while. We have a few vacant rooms."

"Thank you, Rain-kun."

"Hmm... In that case, it's a welcome party!"

Luna says with a smile.

"Tonight, it's Milua's welcome party! I'll put extra effort into cooking."

"Yay, I'm looking forward to it!"

"Hahaha, my cooking is amazing, you know. Prepare yourself!"

"That's something you say when we're about to fight, isn't it...?"

――――――――――


That night...

Milua-san's welcome party took place.

Luna's dishes were served...

Kanade ate until she couldn't move...

Sora's cooking was mixed in, and Nina got traumatized...

Despite such incidents, it was a joyful time.

"Phew."

Amidst the ongoing welcome party...

I went outside alone.

I might have had a bit too much to drink.

My body feels light and unsteady.

To clear my head, I expose myself to the cold night air.

It slightly refreshes my mind.

"Did you drink too much?"

When I turn around, there's Milua-san.

Seemingly tipsy, her cheeks are slightly flushed.

She's still so young, yet she's drinking alcohol... No, wait.

Milua-san is much older than me, so there's no problem with her drinking.

I can't help but be swayed by appearances.

"Can I sit next to you?"

"Yes, please."

I sit down on the ground next to Milua-san.

A pleasant night breeze blows.

Somewhere, insects chirp.

And above us, the moon quietly shines.

It was a calm night.

"Hey, Rain-kun."

"What is it?"

"Thank you."

Saying that, Milua-san deeply bows her head.

TL Note- Cliffhanger made by the author , I swear it's  not me.


Comments

Popular Posts