The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter-190 Cold

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



As the sun appeared and some time passed,

I woke up and moved to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast.

Today, it's my turn to cook.

"Now, what kind of menu should I go for?"

Should I make rice? Or should I go with bread?

Since I can't eat heavy food in the morning, it usually comes down to these two choices.

Sometimes, I want to challenge something other than these two options...

But if I try something too different, it might end up like a disaster.

That wouldn't be good.

While thinking such impolite thoughts, I was preparing breakfast.

"...Good morning."

"Good morning, Tania."

Tania showed up, still looking sleepy and somewhat unsteady.

"Huh? ...Isn't Rain in charge today?"

"That's right. It will take some time, so you can wait in your room if you want."

"Nah... I'll stay here."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah... sigh... sigh..."

Tania let out a strange sigh.

She seems somewhat feverish...

Upon closer inspection, her cheeks are red.

And she looks tired, leaning against the table.

It's a bit concerning...

I stopped cooking and moved towards Tania.

"What's wrong? You don't look well."

"It's nothing, really..."

"It doesn't seem that way... Just stay still for a moment."

"Huh!?"

I placed my hand on Tania's forehead.

Perhaps because my hand was cold, she let out a strange sound.

"Hey... R-Rain? What are you suddenly doing?"

"Just stay still... Hm, you're warm."

"That's not possible... Do you think I, a dragonkin, caught a cold?"

"Even the strongest species can catch a cold at times. It would be better for you to stay quiet in your room. Can you walk?"

"Don't treat me like a child... Walking... it's not a big deal... Oh, huh?"

Tania stood up... and stumbled unsteadily.

She might have a higher fever than I thought.

I'm worried about leaving her alone.

"Tania, stay like that."

"Huh? Hey, wait...!?"

I placed my hands around Tania's back and behind her knees, carrying her.

"What... What are you doing!? Th-This is... embarrassing..."

"Just be quiet and behave. Tania, you're sick."

"I-I know that... but... ugh, it's... embarrassing..."

Despite struggling and squirming...

Seems like Tania doesn't have much energy left, as she quickly became quiet.

I took her to her room and laid her down on the bed.

"Hah..."

She was trying to act tough, but it seems like she's really in pain. After lying down on the bed, Tania let out a heavy sigh.

"Just wait a moment."

I left the room once...

Preparing cold water and a towel, I returned to Tania's room.

I soaked the towel in water and wrung it out...

Then I placed it on Tania's forehead.

"Hmm..."

"How does it feel?"

"...I think it's a little better."

"I'm glad to hear that. Can you eat something for your meal?"

"...If it's something light."

"Understood. I'll make some rice porridge. And then, you should take your medicine."

"..I don't want to take the medicine, it tastes bitter..."

"Don't act like a child."

If she has this much energy, she should be fine.

I was about to leave the room to make rice porridge and everyone's meals...

"Aah..."

There was a somewhat lonely voice, as if trying to stop me.

"Hmm? What's wrong?"

"Um... well..."

"Do you want something?"

"Y-Yes... um..."

"Are you craving something specific?'

"Y-Yes... um... I want to eat an apple. Grated."

"Alright, I'll include that as well. Anything else?"

"...Nothing else."

"Okay, just wait a moment."

"...Mm."

――――――――――

"What? Tania caught a cold?"

"That's concerning..."

While in the middle of preparing rice and porridge...

Sora and Luna showed up, so I explained the situation to them.

"If that's the case, leave it to me, Sora. I'll make a nutritious meal for the patient and successfully cure Tania's cold."

"It's better to refrain from doing that... If you try that, it might be the final blow for Tania."

Deep down, I agreed with Luna.

"Well, sorry to ask, but can I rely on all of you to prepare everyone's meals? I want to feed Tania something warm as soon as possible."

"Understood. Leave it to me! I'll take care of everyone's meals."

"Please leave it to me. Should I make porridge as well?"

"No, that's alright. I've already made the porridge... I'm grateful enough if you can handle everyone else's meals."

...And so.

I entrusted the rest to Sora and Luna and, with rice and medicine in hand, I visited Tania's room once again.

"Sorry for the wait."

"Mm... You're late..."

As soon as Tania saw me, she sat up.

"Here."

I scooped up some porridge with a spoon and brought it close to Tania's mouth.

"Hey... Wait, what are you doing?"

"Huh? ...Oh, right. My bad, my bad."

"That's right. Don't treat me like a child."

"I forgot to cool it down. It must be hot."

"You still don't get it, do you?"

Blows Blows "Alright, that should do it. Come on, open wide."

"Uh..."

As I offered the spoon again, Tania's face turned bright red.

Did her fever rise?

"Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine... Ugh, to get so flustered over something like this... Or rather, Rain, you're a bit clueless, aren't you?"

She muttered something, grumbling to herself.

I feel like I'm being criticized, but... well, let's not mind that for now.

What's more important is to prioritize taking care of Tania.

"Open wide."

"Ugh... Ugh..."

"If you don't eat quickly, it will cool down."

"I-I know that... But... umm..." gulp

For some reason, Tania nervously bit onto the spoon.

She continued to eat the porridge, chewing slowly.

"How is it?"

"It's... it's okay, I guess."

"Can you eat more?"

"I can manage..."

"Alright, open wide."

"Ugh... Not this again..."

"Hm?"

"Fine, fine! If I have to eat, then... ahh."

For some reason, Tania ate the porridge with a somewhat defiant attitude.

She was quite hungry, it seems, as she ate the porridge eagerly.

She also ate the grated apple that came with it.

After that, she took the medicine...

And lay down again.

"Stay quiet and rest, okay? Don't sneak out secretly."

"I'm not a child... I'll stay quiet. Really."

"If you need anything, call me immediately."

"...Can I call you for something trivial?"

"It's fine. Tania is a patient, so I want you to depend on others a bit during times like this."

"Is th-"

"Then, later. Good night."

As I was about to leave the room...

"Wait...,"

Gently, Tania grabbed my hand.

"Yes? What's the matter?"

"Well... It's okay if I burden you with something trivial, right?"

"Sure, go ahead. What is it?"

"Well... um..."

Tania's gaze wandered, and her cheeks flushed with a meaning unrelated to her cold.

"Can you stay with me until I fall asleep? It's lonely being alone in times like these..."

"Understood."

"Mm..."

As I gently caressed her cheek, Tania smiled happily.


TL Note- I don't want to translate chapters like this......I am having exams, projects, practicals viva and more exams.......I can't stand the romance......Summon Iris.....




Comments

Popular Posts