The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 180: Battle with Iris 1

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"At least I can show you some mercy. I'll end this quickly so you don't suffer," Iris said as she began to cast a spell.

"Come, flames from another world. Gather here," she incanted.

A ball of flames appeared above each of Iris's hands. One, two, three... countless bullets formed and began to materialize.

I was unable to use magic and my physical abilities had been significantly weakened. I knew it was impossible to avoid such an attack.

But... "What!?" Iris exclaimed as she cast her spell, her eyes widening in surprise.

I twisted my body, jumped to the side, and lowered myself, dodging all of the flames.

"Your body is light, like that of a circus performer," Iris said.

"Beast Tamers need to move their bodies in various ways to tame animals. This is no problem," I replied.

"You're still talking big... I wasn't aware, but I must have held back a bit. How about this? Come, flames from another world. Come, annihilating thunderbolt. Come, wailing ice bullets," she declared, conjuring three different types of magic simultaneously.

The flames, thunderbolts, and ice formed a storm of violence that seemed to want to consume me.

But I remained calm.

With my current condition, even a single blow could be fatal, but I still didn't panic.

I calmly assessed the trajectory of the spells and found safe areas to slide into.

All of Iris's magic missed me and fizzled out.

"What... how did you..." she stammered.

Coincidences don't happen twice in a row.

My ability to dodge Iris's attacks was no coincidence.

Iris seemed to finally acknowledge this fact and had a bitter expression on her face.

"What did you do? Rain-sama can't use magic now... and, moreover, the power he gained by contracting with the cat spirit should have been almost entirely lost... there's no way he should be able to avoid my attacks. How did you..."

"I saw through it."

"Huh?"

"You and I fought once before. At that time, you didn't hold back and showed me all of your trump cards, didn't you? Seeing so many different types of attacks also gave me ideas on how to deal with them," I explained.

"That... ridiculous..."

"Well, it was a miscalculation to lose my physical abilities, but... even so, I can manage this much," I added.

Iris's attacks were certainly fearsome.

They posed a terrible threat.

However, Iris wasn't a perfect goddess who never made mistakes.

There was a "hole" somewhere.

If I could find it and exploit it, I could hold my own against her.

"To think that you could assess my power after only one battle...? That growth rate is just unbelievable," Iris said in amazement.

"Now it's my turn to attack," I declared, ready to counter-attack.

"huh?"

While Iris was surprised, I attacked her. I shot Narukami's wire to temporarily restrain Iris' body, then rushed in. I slipped into her guard, pushed both hands forward, and used all my weight to hit her.

"Ugh!?"

Iris' small body flew away. It seemed like she was slow to guard.

"Kuh...to do something like this!"

Iris quickly regained her posture. I moved on to pursue her without caring, but...

The fist I threw was easily caught by Iris.

"I was a little surprised and showed an unsightly side of myself, but...as long as I don't disturb my heart, something like this is nothing."

"..."

"After all, Rain-sama is just a powerless human. He seems to have an incredible talent, but...it's not enough to reach me."

"Is that so?"

"Huh?"

I twisted my body on my left foot, and kicked Iris' side with my right foot as if poking it with my toes.

"Ahh...!?"

The strongest species, Iris, grimaced at my attack, which was not much different from an ordinary person's.

When Iris staggered, I stepped on her knee. It was hard, and it didn't break her bones, but I gave her definite damage.

Iris showed a gesture of protecting her leg and shook me off with all her might. Then, she came at me with a full swing.

"!"

I caught Iris' fist with both palms, and flew away. Although I was blown away like paper, there was no serious damage. By intentionally flying away myself, I greatly reduced the damage.

"What have you done...to give me damage like this..."

"Indeed, Iris is strong. Not just magic, but also her physical abilities are at the level of a cat spirit. However, there are weak points."

"Weak points?"

"As long as we have the same body as humans, there are some parts that cannot be trained due to our body structure. I aimed for that."

It was something I learned from training with Suzu-san.

"To be able to handle it accurately in actual combat like this..."

"I've been through enough battles to have confidence to handle it to a certain extent."

"Kuh...!"

Coming here, for the first time Iris stopped her feet as if she was wary.

Will attacking work?

Will she not suffer a painful counterattack?

You can see that she is wandering like that.

It was a good flow.

However, it is not that I am dominant.

Rather, I am at a disadvantage.

Although I succeeded in causing Iris to be disturbed by taking the initiative...

There is no decisive blow.

Rather, it is not strange to be reversed anytime, anywhere.

That's how big the difference in power is.

While Iris is in a state of confusion, she forgets that there is a difference in power...

Normally, it would end just by smashing magic.

Even though I have somewhat figured it out, you can't keep avoiding it infinitely.

The fact that I am walking on a tightrope must never be realized.

"Where did you hide that kind of power, Rain-sama?"

"Even if you ask where, I'm always doing my best? Even when I fought Iris last time, I did it with my full power."

"I wonder. It seems that you were hiding your power. Otherwise, it is impossible to struggle this much."

"A cornered rat may bite the cat."

"If you call yourself a rat, why don't you just be hunted obediently?"

"I refuse. I'm not good with pain."

"Don't talk back...!"

Magic is converging in both of Iris' hands, but it is different from the magic I have seen so far.

"If my magic has been seen through, then I have no choice but to use magic that I have not shown Rain-sama yet."

"So, you mean you're serious."

"Rain-sama, Now I recognize you as an 'enemy.' I will eliminate you with all my might."

Iris spread her wings.


TL Note- And I am back, chapters were irregular for some time as I was on a vacation with slow net but everything is now back to normal and if you kinda forgot the story , a reread might be all you need.


Comments

Popular Posts