The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 165-Sora and Luna's mother

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"...... Mother?"

Surprised by the unexpected word, I was left speechless.

Everyone else had a similar reaction.

Among them, Tania was the first to regain her senses and asked Sora and Luna.

"By 'mother', do you mean 'mother' as in 'okaa-san'?"

"What other meanings are there?"

"Are you making fun of us?"

"No, but I mean, you know?"

Tania looked at me as if she wanted to say something.

Well, I understand how she feels.

That Sora and Luna's mother sealed Iris...

This world is too small.

"Meow... I'm surprised that she was sealed by your mother."

"To be precise, it wasn't just our mother."

"I saw many of the strongest species, including cat spirits."

"What? Does that mean my mother..."

"I don't think so. The lifespan of cat spirits is no different from that of humans, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Hmm... but if it was my mother..."

Does Kanade think that Suzu-san is immortal?

Well, it's understandable if she thinks that way after seeing her youthfulness.

"Anyway, we've got a clue now!"

Luna said happily.

Maybe she's in a good mood because the magic was successful.

Nina tilted her head at Luna's words.

"A clue...what?"

"We found out that our mother sealed Iris. That's as much of a clue as we could hope for, right?"

"But...how do we ask her about it?"

"Hmm? Normally...oh, I see. That's how it is."

"Does this feel like to Nina...or everyone else  that our mother would be dead after so many years?"

"Huh? Isn't that the case?"

Iris was sealed over a hundred years ago.

If the mother of Sora and Luna was alive at that time...

Wait a minute.

If their mother was alive over a hundred years ago, then Sora and Luna would also be over a hundred years old...?

But in reality, they're only 14 years old...

Wait, I'm getting confused.

"In the end, what does it all mean?"

Tania asked impatiently, looking at Sora and Luna.

"It's a simple story. The spirit tribe has a long life."

"The average lifespan is 500 years. Our mother is around 300 years old, so it's not strange for her to be the one who sealed Iris."

"I see."

"Meow...? So that means Sora and Luna were born when their mother was around 300 years old...?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"I-I didn't mean anything by it!"

As Kanade was stared at with a disapproving look from Tania, she flusteredly waved her hands around to try and deflect the issue.

"Well, there's a lot to be curious about in that regard. I can understand how Kanade feels."

"Anyway, getting off topic. Where is Sora and Luna's mother?"

"Hmm, I wonder. When we were gatekeepers, she would go out somewhere if she had some business to take care of..."

"Because of that, we weren't able to get any help."

"Well, on the other hand, we were able to meet Rain and have him help us. So I'm okay with it."

"Sora agrees with that point, too."

"In other words, you don't know where Sora and Luna's mother is?"

Tina asked as she rattled the lid of a teapot.

Why did she rattle the lid...?

Was she trying to imitate someone's mouth movements?

"I think we'll find out if we go back to the village. Someone should know where she went."

"Or perhaps, since it's been a while, she's already finished her business and returned home."

"Isn't that difficult?"

Entering the spirit tribe's village.

It shouldn't be a problem for Sora and Luna.

Though they've throwing away our duties as gatekeepers...

Since they're of the same tribe, I don't think they'll be rejected.

However, how will we be treated as humans, myself and everyone else...?

"Hmm, that's the problem."

"If we're just moving to the entrance of the village, it's relatively easy, but..."

"Really?"

"There are paths leading to the spirit tribe's village all over the world. There's one of those paths nearby, too."

"However, beyond that point is the problem. Just like how we guarded other entrances, there will definitely be gatekeepers. They'll undoubtedly cause trouble."

"The opponent will be, at most, five people. With the current Sora and her friends, I think it's possible to overpower them by force."

"Basically, the shut-in spirit tribe isn't used to fighting."

"Don't call us shut-ins."

"However, even if we force our way through, just imagining what kind of treatment we'll receive once we're inside the village is troublesome."

We're not going to pick a fight with the spirit tribe.

We just want to hear Sora and Luna's mother's story.

Can we emphasize that point and persuade them?

"Just to let you know, I think persuading them will be difficult."

As if she could see through my thoughts, Luna spoke.

"As a spirit tribe member, we hold a tremendous bias against humans. Even I used to think of humans as just bugs before meeting Rain."

"Is it really that extreme...?"

"Humans are like natural enemies to us who cut down trees. That's why the hostility is so strong."

"So, I think it's close to impossible to persuade them."

"I'm sorry."

Even though we finally obtained a clue, we couldn't make use of it.

However, we don't have the luxury of searching for other clues right now.

Somehow, I want to meet Sora and Luna's mother...

"Could you leave it to us?"

Luna, who usually doesn't seem serious, spoke quietly with a serious face.

"Do you have an idea?"

"We'll try to persuade our comrades."

"That's...difficult, isn't it?"

Sora and Luna left their gatekeeping duties to travel the outside world on their own. Even though they are of the same race, they may not be well-liked.

"I understand Rain's concern. It may be quite difficult to get them to listen to Sora and Luna's story."

"But we can't give up now. We can't just throw away this clue."

"Also, I think there is a good chance of success. Let's try to persuade them first..."

"If that doesn't work, we'll return to the village alone and ask Mother ourselves."

"If that's the case..."

If everything goes as planned, it might work.

The spirits shouldn't do anything to prevent Sora and Luna, who are of their own kind, from returning home.

However...

If we adopt this plan, I will completely leave it to the two of them.

It's not that I don't trust them.

As important allies, I trust them more than anyone else.

But what if something unexpected happens?

If I leave it only to the two of them, it might lead to something dangerous.

I couldn't make a decision, worrying about the two of them like this.

Sora and Luna show a gentle smile to me as I hesitated.

"Lord, do you trust us?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Then, please leave it to Sora and me this time."

"Leaving it to us is a sign of trust, isn't it?"

"And, once we are trusted, Sora and I will do our best and return to our lord."

I'm in a bind.

They have seen through all of my thoughts...

And yet instead of any resentment, they lightly scolded me to trust them more.

Maybe I am a worrier.

So I'll try to trust Sora and Luna more.

"Okay. Can I leave it to you then?"

"Yes, leave it to us!"

"We got it."

Sora and Luna nodded cheerfully.

"Well then, let's go to the Spirit Tribe's village!"

"Luna, where are you trying to go? That's the opposite way."

"...It's just a small mistake."

Sora calmly warned Luna, who was about to start walking in the direction of the day after tomorrow.

Luna blushed lightly, embarrassed on her mistake.

"So... where is the entrance to the village of the Spirit Tribe?"

"It's quite close from here. We can sense the flow of energy that only the Spirit Tribe can feel."

"Probably, the entrance is around the foothills of this mountain."

"Got it. Let's go together to the vicinity of the entrance for now."

"Indeed. Well then, let's go again! That's the spirit!"

TL Note- Too much motherly mania in this chapter. 


Comments

Popular Posts