The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 154-questioning

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"So, Rain, just be yourself, okay? We like you just the way you are."(Kanade)


"I see. ......"(Rain)




 The words of Kanade seeped into my heart.




 


 Maybe I wanted someone to affirm me.


 Maybe I just wanted someone to push me back and say, "Don't worry."




"Thank you, Kanade."(Rain)


"Nyahoo."(Kanade)




 I patted Kanade's head.




 I don't know if it's because of what she told me, or that my behaviour and face made her tell me. ......


 Still, my heart was lightened.


 The fact that I'm not alone was easing the burden on my heart.




"...... Aaaa"(Kanade)




 Kanade suddenly turned red, as if she had remembered something.




'What's wrong?'(Rain)


'Eh! No, well, that ...... just now, when I said we liked you, I didn't mean that I no—, I meant as like a friend, but I didn't mean just as a friend, No I meant .......... Nyaaaaah!"(Kanade)


"Kanade?"(Rain)


"Ugh,......, don't worry about it. I'm a little self-destructive right now and extremely embarrassed.'(Kanade)


"Is that so?"(Rain)




 

Kanade's face was dyed bright red.


 From the side, it looks like she's done something wrong, ......


 Well, as long as Kanade says it's nothing, I don't think it's a good idea to pursue the matter.


 After much hesitation, I decided to just be careful and keep an eye on things.




 If she continues to act strangely, I will talk to her again.




"Let's see, ...... Rain."(Kanade)


"Yeah?"(Rain)


"We've repelled that Heavenly Tribe, but what are we going to do now? Are we going to find a way to seal it?"(Kanade)


"That's one thing on the agenda, but ...... there's something we need to do first."(Rain)


"Nyan? What is there to do? Is there something I need to do?"(Kanade)


"Yes, there is."(Rain)




 We need to pursue ...... Arios.








----------








"What can I do for you?"(Arios)




 I summoned Arios and his party to the village chief's house.




 Inside are my party, Axe and Cel.


 And the village chief and a few villagers.




 Even though the house is of a reasonable size, it feels cramped when so many people are gathered.


 But the things I want to talk are not the kind of thing one can talk about in a place where one don't know who is listening, so they have to bear with me.




"We are busy. We have to go after that heavenly tribe from now on. If you want to talk about trivial things, can we talk about it later?"(Arios)


"Are you just going to run away like that?"(Rain)


"Huuuh! What do you mean ......?"(Arios)




 I said as if daring to provoke him.


 Arios glares at me, but I'm not scared at all.




"Didn't you say something like Iris is cooperating with Arios. The reason for that is because Arios let her go ......"(Rain)


"Huh?"(Arios)




 Arios' expression distorts.




"What the hell is ...... that?"(Villager A)


"No way, that can't be true!"(Villager B)


"There is no way that the hero would do such a thing."(Villager C)



There was unrest among the villagers.


 However, many people still believed in Arios again, and words of defense were spoken.


 When the earlier story came out, all the villagers had evacuated. They must not have heard it.




 Seeing these villagers, Arios puts a smile on his mouth.




 "Rain my friend...... Will you stop making such trivial accusations? I have been fighting with my life to save the villagers. And so, I would never release a demon let alone cooperate with that demon,......now don't test my patience and please spare me the nonsense."(Arios)


"Don't you think it's a little suspicious?"(Rain)


"What?"(Arios)


'I don't know the purpose, but there is no doubt that Arios tried to use Iris. Certainly, that's what I heard. But ...... Arios underestimated Iris. Perhaps he thought he could control it. But Iris was better than him. She ran amok out of Arios's hands and then got a painful reprimand,......, or something like that."(Rain)


"You say it as if you've ...... seen it all."(Arios)


"Well for the better or worse I've got a pretty good grasp your mentality."(Rain)




 I've been on the road with him for a good amount of time.


 




 He tried to take advantage of Iris, but was taken advantage of.


 The truth of the matter is probably something like that.




 But ......


 Because of such a trivial thing, the damage was increased.


 If Arios had not broken the seal, none of this would have happened.




 When I think about that, I get angry.




'Hmph, nonsense. This is all just your speculation. Do you have any proof?"(Arios)


'There......"(Rain)


"There is none, is there? There can't be. It's just your trivial fantasy. Are you ready to face the consequences ...... to try to discredit me with such a thing?"(Arios)




 Arios is a hero.


 He is deeply connected to the country and trying to make him accountable will put tremendous pressure on us......


 




 But I can't back down now.


 If we let Arios, who has done such a thing, go unchecked, can't even wonder what he will do next. ......




 But first, I must do something about the current situation.


 We have to come up with proof that Arios' words are lies. ......




"I'll be the witness. Rain never said anything wrong."(Axe)


"I will be a witness too."(Cel)




 Axe and Cel stepped forward.




'What Rain is saying is true. I heard it with my own ears."(Axe)


"He is not lying. It's the hero and his party who are lying."(Ce)


"You....."(Arios)




 Arios was flustered by the unexpected witness.




"You guys... you do that to me... do you know what's going to happen? I can make you a rebel of the country with a single voice, you know?"(Arios)

"Ha, if you're going to do it, do it as you please! What a fake hero. I'm stupid for admiring you. I can't believe I was admiring such a scumbag."(Axe)

"I don't know what your purpose is, but you are the one who caused this situation. Are you not aware of that?"(Cel)

"Guh... these guys...!"(Arios)




 Arios's face turned blue, then red.




"Arios, please calm down."(Mina)


"Don't  panic. We have nothing to be ashamed of."(Lin)




 With Mina and Lin's words, Arios seemed to have regained some of his composure.


 His expression remained grim, but his tone was calm and he proceeded with his story calmly.


"I see your point, ....... But what is your proof?"(Arios)


"Proof......"(Axe)




 Axe clammed up.




"You don't have any proof that I did such a thing, do you? No, of course not. I would never do such a thing. I am a hero. I am fighting to protect the people of this country. I would never do anything that would put them in danger. You say you will testify,...... but which one do you think people will believe, the words of a mere adventurer or those of me, a brave hero?"(Arios)


"Gosh ......, this guy I will teach......."(Axe)


"I know what you're thinking, but if you put your hand out here, things can get messy."(Cel)




 Ax clenched his fist, but Cell stopped him.

 Seeing that, Arios got even more excited.


 




"Haha I'll make sure to pay you back for this.  Though I've got my hands full with the demon case right now, but be prepared when ...... it's over. It won't be enough to have your adventurer's license revoked. Imprisonment is a possibility. You'll have to pay for the crime of taunting me."(Arios)


"You want proof, don't you?"(Sora)




 Sora suddenly interjected.




"I have the proof."(Sora)


"What do you mean by ......?"(Arios)


"Hey, is it true?"(Axe)




 Axe was caught up in the conversation.




"Yes, it's true."(Sora)


"Mm-hmm. There's a motionless shoko, or something like that can show the past!"(Luna)




 Luna joined the conversation.




"It's stupid ...... nonsense, it's just a bluff. There is no such thing."(Arios)


"Ha-ha-ha! But there is! Come on, Sora. Let us show everyone."(Luna)


"Why is  suddenly Luna in charge when Sora is the one who started this ...... at all?"(Sora)




 While mumbling, Sora cast a spell.


 Then ......






《However much you have freed me,...... you are only a human being. And a hero at that. Do you think I will obey such a man forever?》(Iris)


《You ...... are wrong!You are going back on your words》(Arios)


《As a thank you for releasing me, I will cooperate with you… that was my promise, but I’m tired of it. Or rather, I wanted to kill the survivors of Pagos soon, so let's end our cooperative relationship here.》(Iris)

《Nah, guh...... you ...... ungrateful bastard! How dare you say such a thing? How dare you!》(Arios)


《Promises are made to be broken.》(Iris)




 The phantoms of Iris and Arios were projected into the air.




'Is this ......?'(Rain)


'It is a magical reproduction of the memory of the place.'(Sora)




 I looked at Sora as if to ask her a question, and she answered.




'It cuts out a specific time in the past and reproduces...... well, to put it simply, it's magic that allows you to see again what happened in the past. As you can see, it is an elaborate recreation and it is impossible to tamper with it to suit your own convenience. The facts are reproduced exactly as they are. This is proof enough, isn't it?"(Luna)


"Nah ...... you fool ......."(Arios)




 Arios' face turns blue.


 


 Aggus kept his ...... face expressionless, not knowing what he was thinking.




"And by the way, I have one more piece of evidence."(Sora)




 So saying, Sora took out a bloodstained dagger.


TL Note- It's  been a hectic week for me hence no Chapter.....sorry for that.....


Next

Prev

Comments

Popular Posts